Photo

Flood control errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tufty

Tufty

• 10,424 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 21:13

I just tried posting something and got a message saying the flood control had been triggered and that my post hadn't been posted. I re-posted it as directed, and it then decided to post it twice. The message wasn't there when I went to re-post, yet there was a minute's difference on the post time between them, suggesting it HAD posted. The forum can't be right on both counts, so what gives?

Advertisement

#2 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 10,418 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:14

Every site has (click) flood control.

I remember trying to order something from AlbertHeijn.nl once, when I clicked on a bottle of bleach the site froze for about two mins. When it finally came back my shopping cart contained 999.999.999.99 bottles of bleach!! The site then gave me an pop-up window informing me that I had been banned from the site for 'click flooding'!! :eek: :well:

It happens sometimes. :drunk:

Edited by Tony Mandara, 22 April 2013 - 10:15.

#3 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:30

Since it did actually post your message it can't have triggered flood control. Perhaps you double-clicked, in which case the second attempt to post would have done.

#4 Tufty

Tufty

• 10,424 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:27

Since it did actually post your message it can't have triggered flood control. Perhaps you double-clicked, in which case the second attempt to post would have done.

That's the thing though, when I went to re-post it, the post wasn't there at all. Only when I re-posted did it appear twice. I figured last time this happened it was my mistake as you suggest Buttoneer, but it happens to me every time flood control is triggered.

#5 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 10,418 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:50

At least you didn't get banned!!! :eek:

I had to walk to the shop after that! :evil: .. Talk about "Old School"!! :well: