Photo

PSX results as of Germany; new ideas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SalutGilles

SalutGilles

• 2,149 posts

Posted 01 August 1999 - 11:43

The closest grid ever, covered by less than 4/10ths.

Good work, gentlemen.

Tom clocked the fastest time at this track, making him the third winner in three races.

Here's how it went down.

All times were in the 1:29. bracket
tom...395...10pts.
Phoenix...503...6pts.
Vin...608...4pts
SalutGilles...613...3pts.
The Jauques Man...666...2pts.
Nasty McBastard...764...1pt.

I didn't bother with the 107%, it really didn't matter.

Points after Germany:

numbers in brackets indicate wins

1.tom(1)...20 pts.
2.SalutGilles(1)...15 pts.
3.The Jauques Man(1)...14 pts.
4.Nasty McBastard...11 pts.
5.Vin...7 pts.
6.Phoenix...6 pts.
7.UPRC...3 pts.
8.Blob...1 pt.
=Buzzin Hornet...1

Furthermore, Vin has suggested that we run a wet race just for fun. Let's make it count. When Spa rolls around, we'll run it in the wet, unless everyone hates that Idea. I quite like it.

Also, we should all include where we're from, and we'll have a sort of constructor's championship. Instead of using the cars, we'll see who's home country is tops. If you're living in another country, you can use where you were born (F1 Drivers all live in Monaco, but they aren't french)

And when Malaysia rolls around, I was thinking the backwards adelaide would substuitute nicely, but that track has been criticicised. I'm all ears for suggestions.

Good luck Gentlemen

Advertisement

#2 tom

tom

• 3,474 posts

Posted 01 August 1999 - 12:45

salut , i reckon we should have the bonus track instead of backwards adelaide to replace malaysian gp .
i'm not to keen on having the race at spa in the wet though.

it's lucky i'm leading the championship cos i 'm useless at the up coming tracks !

#3 The Jauques Man

The Jauques Man

• 142 posts

Posted 02 August 1999 - 02:24

Salut, are we going to go "retro-acvtive" and run the GP's we've missed (ie Melbourne, Interlagos, Monaco, etc)?

------------------
"...if a racing driver never surpasses nine tenths in performance, he isn't doing his job...Many F1 pilots aren't doing half their jobs, and in that case I wonder why they do it at all."

-Gilles Villeneuve

#4 SalutGilles

SalutGilles

• 2,149 posts

Posted 02 August 1999 - 04:32

Jauques, that's not a bad Idea, there's no reason our season must paralell the real one. It depends how everyone feels.

On a personal note, I'd rather not, for selfish reasons. I'm heading off to school at the end of the month, and while I'll have internet access, I don't know if I'll get to a Playstation in time to play along, so I would drop in the points.

Speaking objectively, though, it does seem to make sense.

#5 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 02 August 1999 - 10:42

Personaly... i love spa, and i love hanging it out in the wet. More often than not i can get pole by more than 3 seconds on expert mode when its a wet race.

so you know what way im voting*l*

I was thinking the same thing jacques... perhaps when the season ends we can do melbourne-france every fortnite... just to amuse ourselves.

Although, i seem to remember early in the year we were comparing france, spain, monaco times and i was a fair bit off the pace...ill have to put in a serious amount of testing laps to do a good time there.

As for the replacement for malaysia... to be honest.. id rather portugal or jerez instead of adelaide or "sunob/bonus"...not that good at adelaide, i still have probs getting used the fact its mirrored.. being in aust ive seen a million and 1 laps around there, and walked around the track on GP weekend in 91...so going LEFT into the chicane just aint natural*l*

#6 The Jauques Man

The Jauques Man

• 142 posts

Posted 02 August 1999 - 11:13

I too favor Spa in the wet. As for the Malaysia replacement, I would most likely prefer Portugal or Jerez, but I'm game for whatever the decision may be.