- - - - -

Opportunity to ask questions from Kimi Räikkönen

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:10

Heikki Kulta from Turun Sanomat has kindly offered an opportunity to ask questions from Kimi Räikkönen during his private interview this weekend.

Click on the article and scroll down to the commentary box. After that press "Talleta kommentti" :wave:

By Popular Demand

Posted Image

Aihe F1, 7.5.2013 21:51, heikki.kulta

Shared joy is a double joy... I have once again been given the opportunity for a private interview with Kimi Räikkönen during Barcelona GP. Since this blog has got requests about asking Kimi questions I can now offer the opportunity for my readers.

Please ask Kimi topical questions. The best questions getting the most out of the driver will be published on this blog in due time.

Like earlier we only concentrate on sport.

This offer goes to non-Finnish speaking readers, as well. If you want to present some topical questions for Kimi Räikkönen, so go ahead and present them to me on Friday this week the latest.

http://blogit.ts.fi/...on-pyynnosta-2/

Advertisement

#2 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:27

Heikki Kulta from Turun Sanomat has kindly offered an opportunity to ask questions from Kimi Räikkönen during his private interview this weekend.

Click on the article and scroll down to the commentary box. After that press "Talleta kommentti" :wave:

The link is not working for me, Wolfie - the obvious two: Has contract with RBR been offered, and are you accepting it?
:D

#3 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:42

Thanks for telling about it, Sakae :)

I will ask on your behalf!

#4 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:00

i have a question "why are u always so sad ?"

Edited by Cavani, 08 May 2013 - 12:03.

#5 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:11

Cavani, if you formulate your question in a different way, then it might be published.

Keep it polite and clean ;)

#6 bogi

bogi

• 4,105 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14

Question: The best F1 car ever driven?

#7 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14

How about, are yo moving to Ferrari next year, to race next to Fernando?

#8 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:23

Please keep in mind that Kimi gets all kinds of questions from the reporters all the time. Mr. Kulta will only ask questions he thinks Kimi finds challenging and special in some way.

#9 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:28

Please keep in mind that Kimi gets all kinds of questions from the reporters all the time. Mr. Kulta will only ask questions he thinks Kimi finds challenging and special in some way.

Yeah, I think so too. Even about changes in management he will be evasive. Problem is, that he will not tell us all what we want to know, but thanks, and we wait. :)

#10 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:40

Yeah, I think so too. Even about changes in management he will be evasive. Problem is, that he will not tell us all what we want to know, but thanks, and we wait. :)

Sakae, I'm waiting with interest to see what he has to say about your question, lol.

Last year Mr. Kulta arranged a similar thing for readers and the questions were so different from the usual questions, that Kimi was filled with energy when replying to them.

There is for example this question from a Finn that I hope he answers:

Another intersting detail is if you change gears just by going with your feeling or if you listen to the engine's sound or follow some LED-lights or rev-meters so that you always know the optimal gear when changing gears?

I can't even imagine any reporter coming up with a question like that :up:

#11 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:56

Sakae, I'm waiting with interest to see what he has to say about your question, lol.

Last year Mr. Kulta arranged a similar thing for readers and the questions were so different from the usual questions, that Kimi was filled with energy when replying to them.

There is for example this question from a Finn that I hope he answers:

Yes, how he navigates in heavy rains, when visibility is close to zero? Schumacher once said that he monitors contours of the track, listens to engine of the car which is ahead of him, and according to gear shifts he would know approximately how large the gap is. Maybe Kimi can speak to that; it is an interesting question.

We of course know what happened to him in Spa when he clashed with DC, but that's besides the point.

#12 EthanM

EthanM

• 4,819 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 13:00

90% of the time they hear a beep from the ECU, that's when they change up. Excludes shortshifting for traction

#13 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 13:18

90% of the time they hear a beep from the ECU, that's when they change up. Excludes shortshifting for traction

That thing all race long would drive me crazy. Sound and LEDs are more than enough info.

#14 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 14:23

Meaning that Kimi wil lnot say a word to a question, if Kimi is going to Ferrari,...?

OK, then...

I always thought that Kimi is a very inpulsive driver, in a sense that Kimi wanted to come back to wheel to wheel racing rather than 'technical' WRC, meaning that his driving goes moments by moments when his all senses catches incidents that are going on on track. ( Could also say that he is able to control his car directly as his instinct catches the next moments to come.) So the quesiton is, if he has 'avoided' any crucial accident that lead him to win race(s)? The moments to take correct decision to avoid collision and at the same time placing himself's car at the right position so that he win races. If so could he elaborate on what he saw and what he did to materialize that moment's move? I imagine a first corner incidents ans so on. The one at SPA was great.

#15 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 14:58

Thanks, Wolfie. This was my question.

Given the recent Allison exit, how much of a role does a technical director play in the actual design of the car itself? Is it more like technical managerial position? Lotus has punched above its weight and has been noted for its efficient working. What has made its technical team efficient in producing good cars recently? Do you think they can continue to do that even after Allison's exit? Finally, what do you think of the financial future of Lotus? If they secure it, would they continue to be strong?

#16 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 15:55

Meaning that Kimi wil lnot say a word to a question, if Kimi is going to Ferrari,...?

OK, then...

I always thought that Kimi is a very inpulsive driver, in a sense that Kimi wanted to come back to wheel to wheel racing rather than 'technical' WRC, meaning that his driving goes moments by moments when his all senses catches incidents that are going on on track. ( Could also say that he is able to control his car directly as his instinct catches the next moments to come.) So the quesiton is, if he has 'avoided' any crucial accident that lead him to win race(s)? The moments to take correct decision to avoid collision and at the same time placing himself's car at the right position so that he win races. If so could he elaborate on what he saw and what he did to materialize that moment's move? I imagine a first corner incidents ans so on. The one at SPA was great.

Hi One :wave:

Who knows, maybe Kimi will reply to your question about Ferrari? Maybe he wants to play some psychological game :lol:

#17 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 15:55

Yes, how he navigates in heavy rains, when visibility is close to zero? Schumacher once said that he monitors contours of the track, listens to engine of the car which is ahead of him, and according to gear shifts he would know approximately how large the gap is. Maybe Kimi can speak to that; it is an interesting question.

We of course know what happened to him in Spa when he clashed with DC, but that's besides the point.

That was an brilliant question, hopefully Kimi replies to it :up:

@ Spamaster, thanks for your questions :up:

Edited by Wolfie, 08 May 2013 - 15:56.

#18 0thecougar

0thecougar

• 71 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 23:16

Do YOU think you are a better/worse/same driver as you have been throughout the years? (Raw speed/Race craft/Strategy)
also
With only one choice, who do YOU think has had a more impressive career and why out of Sebastian Loeb or Michael Schumacher?

#19 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 23:44

Hi One :wave:

Who knows, maybe Kimi will reply to your question about Ferrari? Maybe he wants to play some psychological game :lol:

.... ha! ha! ha?...,... well.... I can get confused.. . :up:

Advertisement

#20 MarileneRiddle

MarileneRiddle

• 399 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:09

Just had to ask - do you drink Red Bull with your vodka? :lol:

#21 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:11

Did you enjoy driving flat out in BS tires or in a delta as required for Pirelli ? (Just one option, that or this. Please no for sures :D )

Which do you think was your best race (includes which he didn't win)?

Which is the most difficult track for you?

Edited by ViMaMo, 09 May 2013 - 04:19.

#22 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:57

I remember him calling Spa 2009 his best race, but that might have changed.

#23 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 20:42

Kimi has replied to the first question:

heikki.kulta: 9.5.2013 kello 21:25

HUOM! ATTENTION!

Here comes - as a teaser - the first answer to one question presented to Kimi.

This is how Kimi felt after hearing James Allison will leave the team.

– He has been around for a long time at Enstone. Every single engineer and mechanic is important part of the team, and it’s sad, while somebody departs. I would rather keep them all than loose one. I don’t know the reasons for Allison’s departure. F1 is like this, and whenever somebody might leave. Obviously, this didn’t happen just in one day, I presume it had been talked about for some time already.

– Does it affect the performance of the team? I don’t know. Only time will tell. We will see, if there is any affect in one week, one year or is there no affect at all. The team is strong and they still have good people for every area.

#24 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 21:09

Very diplomatic...

#25 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 14:17

Unusually detailed compassion in that answer by Kimi for Allison, team, F1 and others. Quite genuine.

#26 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 15:01

Sorry Wolfie, but I think we have collectively forgot to thank you for the opportunity to pass on some of our inquisitiveness. :wave:

#27 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:43

Aaw Sakae, that's nice of you :)

I'm very interested in Kimi's replies. Kulta has published only two of them, if I remember it correctly one of the questions were your questions ;)

I will put the translated replies on a Finnish forum since translations are against this forum's policy and I want to respect it:

http://f1-areena.fi/...m-Turun-Sanomat

#28 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 1,667 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 15:37

Stolichnaya, or Absolut?

#29 aray

aray

• 5,827 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 15:38

i somehow missed this thread...it seems over...

i heard he likes angling,so i would like to ask him what is the biggest fish he ever caught... :)

#30 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 542 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 16:32

i somehow missed this thread...it seems over...

i heard he likes angling,so i would like to ask him what is the biggest fish he ever caught... :)

A dolphin?

:cool:

#31 rko281

rko281

• 698 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 17:05

A dolphin?

:cool:

So funny

:lol:

#32 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 21:54

Just had to ask - do you drink Red Bull with your vodka? :lol:

Water :rotfl:

#33 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:18

Sorry for the delay, here are the replies: http://f1-areena.fi/...p=9633#post9633

#34 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:25

Thanks again Wolfie. Nice long interview.

Should we believe him when he talks about not having an offer from RB?

#35 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:25

Nice, thanks!

#36 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:49

Thanks again Wolfie. Nice long interview.

Should we believe him when he talks about not having an offer from RB?

I wouldn't, no matter what the actual answer is he can really only deny any contact with RBR. If RBR has put a feeler out and tested the waters so to speak, it would be foolish of Kimi to say they had with so much of the season left ahead of us because any number of things can go the opposite way. Conversely if they haven't made an attempt then we wouldn't say they had.

My .02 cents. Seb told DM he wants Kimi, things have gone slowly from there.

#37 ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer

• 87 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:45

Question: The best F1 car ever driven?

Been asked that question before.

Answer was '05 McLaren

#38 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,245 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 13:42

Soporific as usual.
The guy has as much joie de vivre as a toadstool.

Jp

#39 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 13:53

I wouldn't, no matter what the actual answer is he can really only deny any contact with RBR. If RBR has put a feeler out and tested the waters so to speak, it would be foolish of Kimi to say they had with so much of the season left ahead of us because any number of things can go the opposite way. Conversely if they haven't made an attempt then we wouldn't say they had.

My .02 cents. Seb told DM he wants Kimi, things have gone slowly from there.

Could be, I have no special inside on this, but if I may, I rather doubt that they would let him choose. Distinction perhaps is in simple bounce of ideas - look, I have some names on this list, do you have any serious objections with anyone we should know about - as opposed to a direct question such as, whom do you want in 2014?

Edited by Sakae, 22 May 2013 - 13:55.

Advertisement

#40 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 8,255 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:06

Well half of the questions could have been sorted out before the interview because it was already clear what the (generic) answer would be...

"How long do you rememember the races?"
"If you could decide yourself then which engines would you like to drive F1-races with (3,0 liter V10, 2,4 liter V8; 18000rpm and 20000rpm, 1,6 liter V6-turbos)?"
"Then what about the change to turbos in 2014?"
"Are you for or against re-fuelling?"
"Does James Allison's switch to another team change next year's plans?"

I could have told you before what he would answer to these.

Edited by Jovanotti, 22 May 2013 - 14:07.

#41 Rybo

Rybo

• 366 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 18:32

Could be, I have no special inside on this, but if I may, I rather doubt that they would let him choose. Distinction perhaps is in simple bounce of ideas - look, I have some names on this list, do you have any serious objections with anyone we should know about - as opposed to a direct question such as, whom do you want in 2014?

Im sure seb doesn't have that kind of power, but he is a 3x WDC and does have some clout. Obviously RBR will do whats best for them, but Kimi is a very valid option.

#42 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 20:25

Im sure seb doesn't have that kind of power, but he is a 3x WDC and does have some clout. Obviously RBR will do whats best for them, but Kimi is a very valid option.

I am all for Kimi next to Seb in 2014, if possible at all. As I already posted it in another thread, Seb could use somebody to push him, and Kimi could be just a man to elevate their game a notch or two up.

#43 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 1,427 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:43

I was near a lighthouse at Beachy Head at the weekend and people were writing names with small pieces of chalk. When I started looking at them one of them said this!

Posted Image

#44 KimiSolberg

KimiSolberg

• 73 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:37

Thank you for the translation Wolfie. I almost never visit this forum anymore after driver thread-gate, so I feel really lucky finding this :)

#45 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 13:27

Hey.. You guys created a secret drivers thread. Nobody tell the Mods.

Edited by Watkins74, 24 May 2013 - 13:29.

#46 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 15:37

Another expression of bitterness towards Raikkonen fans. Give it a break. All drivers have their own bad apples among their fans.