Photo
- - - - -

Poll on racing in F1 and fan sentiments

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll on F1 and fan sentiments (66 member(s) have cast votes)

What puts you off from watching a full race?

1. Lack of overtaking (21 votes [16.94%])

Percentage of vote: 16.94%

2. Predictability of winners (23 votes [18.55%])

Percentage of vote: 18.55%

3. Processional races (38 votes [30.65%])

Percentage of vote: 30.65%

4. Lack of contenders for race win (14 votes [11.29%])

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

5. Lack of multiple contenders for championship (7 votes [5.65%])

Percentage of vote: 5.65%

6. Other (21 votes [16.94%])

Percentage of vote: 16.94%

Flat out racing or racing to a delta?

1. I liked the racing on durable BStones (15 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. I like the racing on Pirellis (24 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Choice 1 with tweaks (5 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

4. Choice 2 with tweaks (29 votes [36.25%])

Percentage of vote: 36.25%

5. Other (7 votes [8.75%])

Percentage of vote: 8.75%

Overtaking with DRS/KERS

1. Im okay with it (36 votes [52.17%])

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

2. Not okay with it (13 votes [18.84%])

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

3. Needs to be tweaked (19 votes [27.54%])

Percentage of vote: 27.54%

4. Other (1 votes [1.45%])

Percentage of vote: 1.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:16

Please kindly vote.

Advertisement

#2 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:28

So I voted the options that combined mean something like... I don't like it if the drivers can't race and go to their limit, aka have to go slower as they could, because they have to preserve the tyres

I also voted I like the Bridgestone/Michelin tyre war thing and Pirelli with tweaks meaning as it was last year and not like this year...

for the last one I voted I'm okay with it.. DRS and KERS are fine

#3 loki0420

loki0420

• 997 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:20

1. Other/Disastrous perfomance from my certain team like dnf or something like that
2. Pirelli with tweaks - they've gone too far this year
3. Voted 3rd but more or less I'm okay with it. Sometime drs pisses me off but certain tracks definitely need it and some definitely don't.

#4 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:26

people picking Bridgestone tyre... You people have short memory or I don't know. I still can recall how webber did like 50 (FIFTY) laps on Monza on hard compound. There were few times where you could run whole race on one tyre for god's sake.

Pirelli is better imo, but they OVERKILL this year. I believe last year was best so far, atm we have cheese instead of tyres, it provides some racing but for god's sake, changing tyre after 5 laps is simply odd.

#5 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:36

1: Other. When I watch GP I will watch it till end unless my house is on fire.
2: I liked durable Bridgestones. F1 was meant to limit expenses and why they suddenly want to product expensive waste with extremely crap tyres?
3: DRS/KERS is fine. Some similar series has limited amount of boost button, so how this is different?

#6 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:43

1. lack of real fights
2. The BS where a little too durable in some cases, but the Pirelli overdid the correction.
3. KERS is fine. DRS okayish.

#7 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:05

1. Processional races
2. Pirelli tyres with some tweaks, they've really overdone it this year.
3. KERS is cool, DRS sucks. That should be an option.

#8 racerbaz

racerbaz

• 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 19:58

In today's (May 13th 2013) Guardian Paul Weaver who is Alan Henry's successor says of the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix:- 'Pirelli problems overshadow Alonso's win as drivers get bored by life in the slow lane'.
Alonso is quoted as saying 'I think it is impossible to follow a race ..... too much confusion for the spectators....'
Paul Weaver - '...... the mind-bogglingly expensive sport currently designed to find out who is the best slow driver in the world.....'
'...........tyres which have rendered the sport boring and essentially meaningless as a method for gauging the best driver'
'......the monotony we saw in the Ferrari dominated days was real. What we have now is contrived and tedious. .......only the start and the final burst ........are compelling. You may as well watch a football match for the 90 minutes in between times.'
Paul Di Resta is quoted as saying to his engineers on the radio 'Can anyone tell me what's going on ?'
Button says 'It is a right mess ..... people think there's lot's of overtaking so it's great isn't it ? ......we are doing laps 3 seconds slower than a GP2 car did in qualifying and only 6 seconds faster than a GP3 car did in the race. Ther's something very wrong. This is the pinacle of motorsport ............it's so complicated. It's very confusing. I let a car past ..... I don't want to damage my tyres ....... hoping the other guy will damage his'.
Hamilton - I've just been overtaken by a Williams. I couldn't drive more slowly'
Paul Hembury - 'We don't understand why you (the press ?) are all so excited. Unless you want to give Red Bull the tyres to win the championship'.
Paul Weaver - ' Both Alonso and Vettel made brilliant starts yesterday. After that it was time to look away for an hour or so.'

Time for change !

#9 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 20:05

vote is in:
1A. Predictability of winners
1B. Processional races

2. I like the racing on Pirellis

DRS
3. Not okay with DRS - Ok with KERS. The poll was not specific for this.

#10 schubacca

schubacca

• 837 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 20:06

In today's (May 13th 2013) Guardian Paul Weaver who is Alan Henry's successor says of the 2013 Spanish Grand Prix:- 'Pirelli problems overshadow Alonso's win as drivers get bored by life in the slow lane'.
Alonso is quoted as saying 'I think it is impossible to follow a race ..... too much confusion for the spectators....'
Paul Weaver - '...... the mind-bogglingly expensive sport currently designed to find out who is the best slow driver in the world.....'
'...........tyres which have rendered the sport boring and essentially meaningless as a method for gauging the best driver'
'......the monotony we saw in the Ferrari dominated days was real. What we have now is contrived and tedious. .......only the start and the final burst ........are compelling. You may as well watch a football match for the 90 minutes in between times.'
Paul Di Resta is quoted as saying to his engineers on the radio 'Can anyone tell me what's going on ?'
Button says 'It is a right mess ..... people think there's lot's of overtaking so it's great isn't it ? ......we are doing laps 3 seconds slower than a GP2 car did in qualifying and only 6 seconds faster than a GP3 car did in the race. Ther's something very wrong. This is the pinacle of motorsport ............it's so complicated. It's very confusing. I let a car past ..... I don't want to damage my tyres ....... hoping the other guy will damage his'.
Hamilton - I've just been overtaken by a Williams. I couldn't drive more slowly'
Paul Hembury - 'We don't understand why you (the press ?) are all so excited. Unless you want to give Red Bull the tyres to win the championship'.
Paul Weaver - ' Both Alonso and Vettel made brilliant starts yesterday. After that it was time to look away for an hour or so.'

Time for change !

Agreed,

We could claim that Schumacher was over the hill and frustrated when he was commenting on the shift in F1 racing. But the state of affairs is ridiculous today.

All magazines should stop with their "Best Overtaking Move" in their season awards as DRS+KERS+limited options for defense cheapens passing.

#11 Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

• 1,841 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 20:25

1. I watch full races all the time. (Which should be an option. Had to choose other.)
2. The question and the choices are not the same. Question was clearly chosen to bias the answer. Had to choose other.
3. I hate DRS. Only safety car is more anti-sport than DRS.