Hungary GP 2013

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 14:45

Hello All,
I am planning to attend this GP this year. Can anyone, who has visited this track, provide any tips, advice on this venue..
I am also planning to tour Budapest for two days .
thanks

Edited by discover23, 13 May 2013 - 14:45.

Advertisement

#2 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 14:00

We have a brief guide of the F1 Hungary weekend on our site.

http://grandprixadvi...ungary-budapest

It's not updated for 2013 but should be useful nonetheless.

#3 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,312 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 14:57

I've been there last year with General Admission tickets.

Highly recommend GA for Hungary - you have excellent views of the track from basically anywhere. The best spot of course is at the last corner before the start/finish straight. You have a giant hill overlooking the track and a TV spot. You better get there very early though, it's usually very crowded.

I also recommend Budapest as a city, I studied two years there in university, and it's one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. I recommend checking out Heroes Square, the Parliament, Margit Island, the Szecheny Baths, and book a few boat trips on the Danube too. Also, try to make it up the hill overlooking the city, the view is fantastic.

Now, the only concern we had was getting from Budapest to the Hungaroring. You have some free buses going from Nyugati station. The drop-off point is in a small town that's relatively far from the track. It will take you about 30 minutes walking, then another 30 to get to the start/finish point. So it's a long trip, make sure you leave as early as possible.

#4 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 17:10

I've been there last year with General Admission tickets.

Highly recommend GA for Hungary - you have excellent views of the track from basically anywhere. The best spot of course is at the last corner before the start/finish straight. You have a giant hill overlooking the track and a TV spot. You better get there very early though, it's usually very crowded.

I also recommend Budapest as a city, I studied two years there in university, and it's one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. I recommend checking out Heroes Square, the Parliament, Margit Island, the Szecheny Baths, and book a few boat trips on the Danube too. Also, try to make it up the hill overlooking the city, the view is fantastic.

Now, the only concern we had was getting from Budapest to the Hungaroring. You have some free buses going from Nyugati station. The drop-off point is in a small town that's relatively far from the track. It will take you about 30 minutes walking, then another 30 to get to the start/finish point. So it's a long trip, make sure you leave as early as possible.

Thank you very much for the info. With all of the floods that are going on right now I hope the town is restored in a months time to be able to visit the major attractions.

Edited by discover23, 15 June 2013 - 17:14.

#5 f1madmatt

f1madmatt

• 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 19:31

Hello All,
I am planning to attend this GP this year. Can anyone, who has visited this track, provide any tips, advice on this venue..
I am also planning to tour Budapest for two days .
thanks

Take the suburban railway to the circuit. It takes about 30 minutes from the city centre, and it's about 30 minute walk from the railway station (uphill on the way there , downhill on the way back ). Budapest is an awesome city, one of my favorites

#6 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:29

30 min walk? Is there any possible way to avoid this walk??
I am not really a fan of the heat.
I am currently shopping around for tickets ..
Does anyone know if this venue sells tickets at the box office? Not GA but for grandstands.
Thanks for the tip !

Edited by discover23, 11 July 2013 - 01:31.