• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 Morris S

Morris S

• 284 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:13

Anyone going ? Car entry list here :

http://www.cpop.co.u...ar-entries-2013

No room for me this year sadly, or any other 60's saloon by the looks of it.

Advertisement

#2 alansart

alansart

• 4,420 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:20

Anyone going ? Car entry list here :

http://www.cpop.co.u...ar-entries-2013

No room for me this year sadly, or any other 60's saloon by the looks of it.

I'll be there Friday and Sunday.

Pity about the lack of 60's saloons.

#3 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 15:09

I'll be on a mission to get some close ups of the three Millenium Bentleys for a forth coming blog, everything else will be a bonus.

Weather permitting I'll be there on the Friday :up:

#4 cdrewett

cdrewett

• 361 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:55

I'll be there from Thursday and together with Steve W and Charlie Williams we'll do our best to keep everyone amused and informed. TNF members are free to shout insults or throw bouquets from the startline.
Chris

#5 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:48

I'll be there from Thursday and together with Steve W and Charlie Williams we'll do our best to keep everyone amused and informed. TNF members are free to shout insults or throw bouquets from the startline.
Chris

My branch of Happy Shopper is fresh out of insults but it does have a lovely bunch of coconuts  ;)

#6 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,574 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:16

Chris

Actually Chris I think we should charge people for shouting insults!

My branch of Happy Shopper is fresh out of insults but it does have a lovely bunch of coconuts ;)

I do love fresh coconuts - can't stand that decimated stuff!

Also listen out for the three of us on Radio Cholmondley!

#7 cdrewett

cdrewett

• 361 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:15

Actually Chris I think we should charge people for shouting insults!

I do love fresh coconuts - can't stand that decimated stuff!

Also listen out for the three of us on Radio Cholmondley!

Actually Steve, there won't be a radio Chumley this year, not enough mini radios were bought last year to make it viable. But there will of course be p.a. and the big TV screens.
Chris

#8 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 15:49

Does anyone know who is driving the 3 x Audi LM cars? I guess most of the current regulars will be at Le Mans. I read somewhere Guy Smith would be in a Speed 8 but I also know Derek Bell is there too.

#9 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 22:49

Have any of the "pro" photographers read the T's and C's on the back of their freebie tickets?

As Wilkins Micawber might have said: "Well, Sir; if that is what The Law says, then he Law is a ass".

Frankly, I'm at a loss to understand what this statement (legal, or not) is trying to achieve; either they want photos of the event to be published, or they do not. From where I'm sitting, it looks like not.

Edited by elansprint72, 10 June 2013 - 22:03.

#10 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,574 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:16

Have any of the "pro" photographers read the T's and C's on the back of their freebie tickets?

As Wilkins Micawber might have said: "Well, Sir; if that is what The Law says, then he Law is s ass".

Frankly, I'm at a loss to understand what this statement (legal, or not) is trying to achieve; either they want photos of the event to be published, or they do not. From where I'm sitting, it looks like not.

It is standard BARC Thruxton gobbledegook. I first encountered this at Thruxton at an F2 meeting; I had paid to go in and wasn't going trackside. However when the obnoxious Sid Offord told me I couldn't video the event without paying BARC as he considered me a 'professional' I told him where to stuff his fee.

I would ignore the small print and carry on as normal as I don't believe they can stop you earning a crust.

#11 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 21:57

As Wilkins Micawber might have said: "Well, Sir; if that is what The Law says, then he Law is s ass".

Sounds like Catch-22 any mention of M&M Enterprises in the T & C ?

#12 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,703 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 23:03

Come on - tell! What's written on the ticket?

#13 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:10

They are the standard conditions of entry which appear in identical form on the tickets bought by the general public. Presumably they don't consider it worthwhile printing a new set for the small number which are issued as press tickets. I don't think it is their intention to admit the media end then not see the event reported.
I note that the same T & Cs appear on the back of the media pass for the Autosport show - i.e. that the holder cannot make commercial use of any photographs.
For instance, here are the terms and conditions for admission to MSV circuits:

The use of photographic equipment is allowed for private non-commercial purposes only. Any other recording or transmission of audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data by any method in any media relating to the Event or any part of it is prohibited. The ticketholder hereby assigns to MSV (by way of present assignment of future rights) the copyright in any audio, visual or audio-visual materials produced by the ticketholder at the Event.

I think you will find that, in the event of a photo of yours appearing in the press, they won't pursue you.

#14 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 19:00

They are the standard conditions of entry which appear in identical form on the tickets bought by the general public. Presumably they don't consider it worthwhile printing a new set for the small number which are issued as press tickets. I don't think it is their intention to admit the media end then not see the event reported.
I note that the same T & Cs appear on the back of the media pass for the Autosport show - i.e. that the holder cannot make commercial use of any photographs.
For instance, here are the terms and conditions for admission to MSV circuits:

I think you will find that, in the event of a photo of yours appearing in the press, they won't pursue you.

Presumably the small print is their way of attempting to sensor you if you show them in a negative light.

#15 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 19:09

Thanks to Arttidesco's kind offer of a lift I shall also be there on Friday. Is there any sort of TNF get-together planned, or do we just hope to run into each other during the day. I've never been before - where are the best places to spectate?

#16 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 21:31

Thanks to Arttidesco's kind offer of a lift I shall also be there on Friday. Is there any sort of TNF get-together planned, or do we just hope to run into each other during the day. I've never been before - where are the best places to spectate?

I look forward to seeing you both on Friday. In previous years I have managed to bump into most TNFers during the course of the day.
This is a copy of last year's map and there will, doubtless, be changes here and there for this year. Unfortunately it does clearly show areas which are restricted for spectators.
The enclosure to the north of the track, by the section marked Chapel is probably quite good to view cars emerging from the wooded section at the top of the hill, also the infield bank between the ares marked Top gear and Classic Scrambers. Not sure if you will be able to get to the hump-backed bridge - most years you have, but I think last year it was restricted. The exit of Vicarage corner (bottom right) probably worth a look, and also the infield between the start and the bridge if you want to study startline technique. Not sure I can give you the best advice, Tim, as I have always been fortunate enough to have a track pass but no doubt someone else will have a better idea.
Posted Image

#17 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 22:38

Presumably the small print is their way of attempting to sensor you if you show them in a negative light.

Pun-tastic comment! :smoking:

I shall not be risking further inundations/soakings in a topless Elan (the one with a roof on is, to my shame, still not roadworthy), so it looks like either the VW camper or the TT quattro for me... decisions, decisions... one vehicle can get out of boggy fields, or, oneself can sit there and cook bacon sandwiches, while the inevitable rain drums on the roof.

#18 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 22:49

Not thought of this before but do spectators as opposed to press get access to the paddock ?

#19 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:12

This is a copy of last year's map and there will, doubtless, be changes here and there for this year. Unfortunately it does clearly show areas which are restricted for spectators.

Thanks for the info, Alan - very useful, especially the map, which gives a much better idea of how the course runs than the one on the CPoP website this year. Looking forward to running into you and other TNFers on Friday.

Advertisement

#20 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:10

Not thought of this before but do spectators as opposed to press get access to the paddock ?

Yes, they do, Ralph

...while the inevitable rain drums on the roof.

One thing you can rely on at Chumley is the need for wet-weather gear, and this year doesn't look like breaking with tradition if the BBC is to be believed. And after the previous weekend saw temperatures in this part of the world hit the 80s during a nine-day dry spell

Edited by Alan Cox, 12 June 2013 - 08:20.

#21 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:18

Yes, they do, Ralph

Thanks Alan, look forward to seeing you on Friday, already set the alarm for 4 am :eek:

#22 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:04

Being namby-pamby southerners Ralph and I have decided to postpone our trip north until Saturday, in the expectation of slightly better weather. I look forward to still running into a few TNFers during the day.

#23 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 14:33

Wussies! I had to be up at 2.30 a.m. last Friday in order to be down at the ferry terminal for a 5 a.m. sailing to Sicily! :lol:

#24 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 15:28

Wussies! I had to be up at 2.30 a.m. last Friday in order to be down at the ferry terminal for a 5 a.m. sailing to Sicily! :lol:

Bet you would have staid in bed if the forecast had been for rain all day  ;)

#25 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 16:03

Explain this word 'rain'.

#26 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 16:27

Precisely :cool:

#27 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 17:49

Seen this afternoon
Posted Image
Jolyon Harrison's newly-restored Frazer Nash High Speed - ex-Serafini, Gerard, Crook etc. Veteran of the 1949 Mille Miglia and Giro di Sicilia
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Sinsheim Museum may be relied upon to bring something slightly off-beat...
Posted Image
Part of Chevron's presence

#28 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 21:00

Ermmmm, I thought that you used to live on Ynys Mon? :rolleyes:

Edited by elansprint72, 13 June 2013 - 21:01.

#29 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:19

Indeed, Pete, but after 18 months away, one forgets.

#30 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:27

To be fair the sun is out and the sky is blue in Altrincham this morning :) ( Only 30 miles from the CPOP )

PAR

#31 David Beard

David Beard

• 4,997 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:46

I've been asleep and not looked at this thread.
It's this weekend!
Perhaps not too late to arrange to be there on Sunday...tickets available on the gate I assume?

#32 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:08

Shame on you, DAB.

But to be fair, you have been a bit busy lately.

#33 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:01

...tickets available on the gate I assume?

The CPoP website says tickets available on the gate all weekend. We'll be buying ours there tomorrow.

#34 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:21

Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#35 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:12

The next week here

#36 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,703 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:29

The next week here

Yes, I can understand why at [y]our age the odd reminder may be necessary.

#37 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:24

The next week here

Don't you miss complaining about the weather Barry?

In Manchester it is how most conversations begin :rotfl:

PAR

#38 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:25

To be fair the sun is out and the sky is blue in Altrincham this morning :) ( Only 30 miles from the CPOP )

PAR

Forget that ..........it poured down most of the day :cry:

PAR

#39 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:33

To be fair, Phil, the Maltese complain constantly about the weather; too windy, too hot, too humid etc etc etc.

Advertisement

#40 Morris S

Morris S

• 284 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 19:06

Forget that ..........it poured down most of the day :cry:

PAR

Otherwise known as 'Chumlying it down' to us regulars. :lol:

#41 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,703 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 21:07

To be fair, Phil, the Maltese complain constantly about the weather; too windy, too hot, too humid etc etc etc.

Legacy of being a British colony?

#42 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 21:17

Probably.

#43 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:43

If it's June it must be Cholmondeley
Posted Image
John Price Evans - 1938 Velocette Sprint Special (and some rain)

Edited by Alan Cox, 15 June 2013 - 18:52.

#44 oldclassiccar

oldclassiccar

• 270 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 17:08

The sun made an appearance today!

Posted Image

A few more:
Photos 1-15 from today

rgds, RJ.

#45 droopsnoot

droopsnoot

• 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 18:20

Yes, terrible weather Friday but much better today, and much of the same tomorrow or rain, depending on who you listen to.

Friday

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saturday

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,703 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 18:32

My standard plea:

Any chance of some captions?
Please!

#47 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 18:57

To pre-empt the original posters:
oldclassiccar's pic is of Andrew Wareing - BRM P261
droopsonoot's offerings are Alan Rennie - Lotus-Martin 35, Peter Lockwood - 1948 GP Triumph, Colin Kingsman - Aston Martin DB6 and Jorg-Oliver Holzwart - 'Brutus'

#48 David Beard

David Beard

• 4,997 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 20:23

My standard plea:

Any chance of some captions?
Please!

Why? Aren't they good enough photos?

#49 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 21:41

Good to see quite a few TNFers today at a generally sunny CPoP, especially Tim Murray and Arttidesco who had set off from Bristol before dawn cracked.
I shall leave it to Messrs Raine, Arron and Rainford to post their pictures of the highest fliers at the bridge
Posted Image
Rob Hall in the W125 replica

#50 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 21:44

The rain did stay away today........which made for an excellent day's entertainment :)

Duncan Round tests the weight limit on the bridge in the 42 ltr Packard Bentley

Posted Image

Now that looks fun

Posted Image

Anymore sideways and a right turn may be in order

Posted Image

Rob Hall in the superb Arrows A6

Posted Image

Rob Hall in an even better car :)

Posted Image

No caption needed this time

Posted Image

PAR

Edited by Phil Rainford, 15 June 2013 - 21:46.