Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Driver of the day

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Driver of the day (272 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was the best today?

1. Sebastian (100 votes [36.76%])

Percentage of vote: 36.76%

2. Fernando (78 votes [28.68%])

Percentage of vote: 28.68%

3. Lewis (24 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. Mark (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Paul (25 votes [9.19%])

Percentage of vote: 9.19%

6. Felipe (8 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

7. Jean (37 votes [13.60%])

Percentage of vote: 13.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 20:51

I think Fernando, Lewis, Jean and Felipe performed very well today. Seb was fast, used his brilliant car, but didn't have to fight at all, made silly mistakes while leading the race by millions of second and endangering his race with fastest lap, cooling lap, fatest lap, cooling lap.

Alonso overtook Valtteri, Nico, Mark, than Lewis on the track. That's what I call pure talent and pure racing. If this is when Alonso is in decline (as some suspected), then I want ALonso to be in decline all the time. :DD

Advertisement

#2 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 20:53

Has to be Alonso for me, good passing moves.

#3 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 20:54

Sebastian by a mile, made the car look good, he was ahead and shoulders above anyone else.

Alonso made drs passes, that's not pure racing but he did great as excpected and got second.

#4 GiancarloF1

GiancarloF1

• 925 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 20:54

Vergne. That 6th was majestic with that crap car. Massa doesn't belong to this list. Finished 8th, while teammate finished 2nd. Vettel made a couple of mistakes, so my vote goes against him this time.

#5 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:00

Poll is shaping interestingly. :D Vettel is starting leading by a mile despite his mistakes and the fact he enjoyed a dominant car. Can't see why people can't appraise Fernando or the brilliant Lewis.

#6 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:02

Sebastian, as he goes quietly about his craft. Mastery that deserves respect once you slow down, and observe one of the great ones just before your eyes. To see one in your life-time is a lot, but this is my fourth one, and what can one say. My greats, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, and now Vettel. Just fantastic.

#7 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:02

Jev by far.

#8 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 2,206 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:03

It's Jean-Eric, not Jean :p

#9 P123

P123

• 23,879 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:06

di Resta or Vergne.

Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton also had good races.

#10 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Poll is shaping interestingly. :D Vettel is starting leading by a mile despite his mistakes and the fact he enjoyed a dominant car. Can't see why people can't appraise Fernando or the brilliant Lewis.

So suddenly as Vettel wins it has to be because his car is dominant...where was Webber? When Alonso or Hamilton wins, it's because of them not the car, right :drunk: Ferrari and Mercedes are as good as Red Bull, so credit goes where it should...to Vettel.

#11 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

How were the names in the poll chosen?
Which is the "logical" order chosen to place them in the poll?
Why only 7?
Why these 7 are not even the 7 best finishers?
Why not even "other driver, please explain" as one of the options?

Tut, tut, my students would get a plain and very round "0" for that

PS. for the Germans: in my country lower marks are worse not better

#12 prty

prty

• 8,418 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:07

Sebastian, as he goes quietly about his craft. Mastery that deserves respect once you slow down, and observe one of the great ones just before your eyes. To see one in your life-time is a lot, but this is my fourth one, and what can one say. My greats, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, and now Vettel. Just fantastic.

I can't imagine what you would have said if he hadn't touched the wall and gone off the track twice after starting from pole with the best car! :lol:

Edited by prty, 09 June 2013 - 21:08.

#13 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:07

Why only 7?

there is no 0 in the german rating system

#14 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:08

Jean-Eric for me. I still believe that he is better out of 2. Should get Webber's spot after the season

#15 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:09

I can't imagine what you would have said if he hadn't touched the wall and gone off the track twice after starting from pole with the best car! :lol:

He just pushed everything out of the car that wasn't the best so that it would be the best :wave:

#16 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:10

Seb won by a mile but he did go off
Alonso did well but I expected him to make them places
Hamilton I thought would slide down the order like Rosberg would've done normally (+71 secs and still gets 5th!)
di Resta, Vergne did well too

Believe it or not, I voted Hamilton

Van Der Garde for flop of the day though... I mean seriously... 2 collisions he should've been nowhere near

#17 prty

prty

• 8,418 posts

He just pushed everything out of the car that wasn't the best so that it would be the best :wave:

Yes, that's what happened.

#18 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Jean-Eric Vergne Impressive in that mediocre car !

#19 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:12

Similar to Alonso in Spain.. it was all about Vettel.

Advertisement

#20 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:13

Yes there is, only for PhD exams and it's almost never given (don't know anybody who got it) but, theoretically you can get one

#21 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,473 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:14

Well, you can appraise Fernando and Lewis and still give Sebastian the nod. Look at Mark's performance....

#22 muramasa

muramasa

• 8,479 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:14

Seb drove fantastic but not gonna vote him coz he almost completely screwed it once and was taking good afternoon nap once :wave:

#23 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:16

if I would have been able to pick several options I would have

#24 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:16

Why only 7?

The order doesn't change anything. Why just 7 drivers? They were clearly the driver who stood out in the race. You just need to settle in and don't search desperately for a cause for criticizing anyone.

#25 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:20

I went for JEV, I thought he'd go backwards but he put in a very comfortable performance, big results like this are what big moves hinge on! :up:

The top 3 guys all drove well, Vettel was dominant but also made unnecessary errors, Alonso showed the promise of his Friday pace and minimised championship damage, and Hamilton drove a very mature race considering that car's pace and degradation handicaps compared to the Ferrari and Red Bull

#26 Astro

Astro

• 406 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:22

Although I couldn't follow his race, I voted for Di Resta. I think coming from 17th to 7th is almost the best result Force India could have hoped for.

Edited by Astro, 09 June 2013 - 21:23.

#27 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:23

He won decisively, and got out of his equipment what he needed to defeat Hamilton and Alonso, just in case... :D

#28 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,050 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:24

Jean, Paul, Seb and Fernando all amazing today.

#29 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:24

The order doesn't change anything. Why just 7 drivers? They were clearly the driver who stood out in the race. You just need to settle in and don't search desperately for a cause for criticizing anyone.

That's your personal opinion and not necessarily the one everybody else must share. I might think Gutiérrez was the worst driver today, but somebody else can think he was the best and that person will be entitled to his/her opinion.
If you had the possibility of adding 20 options, which could be 19 names plus "other driver", leaving it in the seven you decided were best just biases the poll, even if most people would chose one of those

#30 mangeliiito

mangeliiito

• 1,039 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:32

This poll is just about someone trying to justify all the hatred to a certain German. Ugh! :down:
Therefore I woted on Seb.

#31 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:35

That's your personal opinion and not necessarily the one everybody else must share. I might think Gutiérrez was the worst driver today, but somebody else can think he was the best and that person will be entitled to his/her opinion.
If you had the possibility of adding 20 options, which could be 19 names plus "other driver", leaving it in the seven you decided were best just biases the poll, even if most people would chose one of those

Clearly you think someone was missing. Why not just say who?

#32 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:35

DiResta! He showed Kimi, Perez, Button and every so called tyre whisperer how to do it!

#33 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:39

Clearly you think someone was missing. Why not just say who?

Clearly, I don't like things if they are not perfect. It's a little defect of mine and I don't think you're going to discover it now :p

For example, you tell me which is the logic of having Massa, who was lapped, in the poll and not Rosberg?

#34 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:41

DiResta! He showed Kimi, Perez, Button and every so called tyre whisperer how to do it!

It was great no doubt but He started with mediums...Kimi's medium stint (47 laps) was impressive as well. The track just wasn't hard to the tyres.

#35 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:41

Perfectly written :up:

#36 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:42

Clearly, I don't like things if they are not perfect. It's a little defect of mine and I don't think you're going to discover it now :p

For example, you tell me which is the logic of having Massa, who was lapped, in the poll and not Rosberg?

One wears yellow gloves and shoes. :rotfl:

#37 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:43

I'll go with Vergne. :up: We all know the guys on the podium and their cars are world class, so it's no surprise to see them there.

Edited by Nonesuch, 09 June 2013 - 23:03.

#38 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 375 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:45

Wait, I always thought it was 0-15 :confused:

#39 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:47

One wears yellow gloves and shoes. :rotfl:

Hmm, that actually makes sense :lol:

Advertisement

#40 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:47

The poll so far looks pretty spot on.

#41 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 3,598 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:48

Voted Vettel.

I really want one day to really know,how much is him and how much is his team and car.

He is a very solid driver for sure,arguably the best of the world today.

#42 TheThirdTenor1

TheThirdTenor1

• 882 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:50

Sebastian by a mile, made the car look good, he was ahead and shoulders above anyone else.

Alonso made drs passes, that's not pure racing but he did great as excpected and got second.

Alonso should have handicapped himself and made the passes without DRS.

#43 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:52

So suddenly as Vettel wins it has to be because his car is dominant...where was Webber? When Alonso or Hamilton wins, it's because of them not the car, right :drunk: Ferrari and Mercedes are as good as Red Bull, so credit goes where it should...to Vettel.

Just in case you didn't know, Webber and Vettel were lapping 1 second per lap faster than Alonso on the option tyres, but I'm sure that was all driver. :rolleyes:

Ferrari didn't come to life until the initially green track rubber'd in, but my vote goes to Alonso, brilliant comeback from a very difficult position.

#44 abc

abc

• 2,878 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 21:55

Just in case you didn't know, Webber and Vettel were lapping 1 second per lap faster than Alonso on the option tyres, but I'm sure that was all driver. :rolleyes:

Ferrari didn't come to life until the initially green track rubber'd in, but my vote goes to Alonso, brilliant comeback from a very difficult position.

I dont know then. How you do that? To lap one second slower per lap and be just 0,5 sec. behind Webber before your stop at once?

#45 TheThirdTenor1

TheThirdTenor1

• 882 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 22:02

Webber would have probably got 2nd if his front wing didn't get broken.

#46 ThadGreen

ThadGreen

• 2,445 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 22:02

di Resta because he make up the most positions.

#47 northanmonkee

northanmonkee

• 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 22:03

Seb fernando and Lewis in the order they finished

#48 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 22:04

So what happened to Webber with primes then as he couldnt match times that Vettel easily did? It was as much as a driver as was Fernandos win at barcelona.

#49 prty

prty

• 8,418 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 22:26

So what happened to Webber with primes then as he couldnt match times that Vettel easily did? It was as much as a driver as was Fernandos win at barcelona.

If he hadn't made all those mistakes, maybe.
And sure, Ferrari had the best car in Barcelona. But the thing is when you can only win if that situation takes place, which is what generally happens to Vettel.

#50 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 23:16

Vettel was very lucky after making that huge mistake and slamming against the wall. It would have been very embarrasing to DNF after running in the front with that huge gap advantage.