- - - - -

Fantasy Hometown Track

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 heineken2008

heineken2008

• 120 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 23:00

Was driving around the other, day dreaming, and thought "I wish F1 would come to my hometown" . .

Anyway, I came up with a concept, given the area that I live in - obviously, it'd be a street track. Being that I live on the beach, there would be lots of room for grandstands etc, and industrial area for Pits - unfortunately, 90% of the track would be within our 24-7 / 365 liquor ban :down:

Between turns 7 and 8 would be considered "the back straight" - however, it isnt exactly straight, but I wouldn't regard the curves as "turns" . . although, on "Tweed St" that would probably be considered a turn by some . .

Other than that, have a look, it is a beautiful place to live - part of my income comes from photographing this lovely location.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The high speed stuff would be best at Mt Dury . . when I was young and stupid, I drag raced a Trans-Am through there at about 100mph - probably the dumbest thing Ive ever done, albeit fun at the time

Posted Image

Edited by heineken2008, 11 June 2013 - 23:11.

Advertisement

#2 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 23:15

yeah you dont live in croydon :)

Edited by pingu666, 11 June 2013 - 23:16.

#3 DampMongoose

DampMongoose

• 2,258 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:58

Here's one I entered in the fantasy track thread a while back in my home town of Bourne...

Here's my work in progress, probably more suited to a 250F than anything current but hey, it works in my head... you can 'drive' the circuit on google street view if the need takes you, just go to BRM's home town and you'll soon pick it up!

Circuit of the Mongoose

4.0 miles long according to my route planner,

Posted Image

Best sections would be:
Graham Hill Way
The quick run from Elsea Park to the Abbey Esses (bit like Masta)
The quick twisty section at West Kink

Look out for the Raymond Mays memorial at the exit of Abbey.

Temporary Grandstands in white, Pitlane in blue, Earth banks for spectating on Graham Hill Way and trackside throughout town. Adequate parking as you can see, although I can also get 3 cars on my drive if required...;)

Also this fast road circuit around Rutland Water which is just up the road from me... , a bit like the old Spa, again google street view to have an idea of it!

Posted Image

#4 lustigson

lustigson

• 5,911 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:38

That looks terrific, heineken2008... although I'm afraid that most of the roads would be too narrow. However, perhaps there could be a Formula 3 race of some sorts, much like Pau.

Oh, and at 8.867 km it's a bit long as well: http://www.gmap-pedo....com/?r=5966095. Perhaps you could cut off the top part by going right into Banks Ave, instead of left into Salisbury Ave?

Perhaps this could be an alternative: http://www.gmap-pedo....com/?r=5966099 — although that's still 6.363 km long.

Your design definitely looks te part! :)

Edited by lustigson, 12 June 2013 - 10:49.

#5 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:06

They could build a kick ass circuit in Brasilia by simply renovating the streets that go around the City Park.
http://www.gmap-pedo....com/?r=5966144