• 901 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 13:56

German GP FIA map

Posted Image

Hungarian GP FIA map

Posted Image

http://www.fia.com/c...rix-circuit-map

http://www.fia.com/c...rix-circuit-map

Edited by encircled, 14 June 2013 - 14:02.

Advertisement

#2 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 14:01

Hungary is a difficult track to pass on put rather than the one on the main straight, I would have one into the 90 right neat the end of the lap.

For Germany, I would have one of the zones on the short stretch before the hairpin and get rid of the one along the start straight.

It annoys me where they make natural passing places easy passes rather than make difficult passing places into possible passing places.

#3 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 14:08

I never knew so many corners at Hungary required no braking...

#4 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 3,920 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 15:10

I would put the Hungary DRS between turns 5 and 6. Just for a laugh.

#5 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 15:39

I would have thought that having the 2nd DRS at the Hungaroring would be better suited to between turns 11 and 12 - because you do see a lot of people getting close enough to have a look there (albeit - it's rather tight).

Maybe a case, if ever there was one, for three DRS zones?

#6 PorcupineTroy

PorcupineTroy

• 302 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 15:44

Having a zone leading into the final chicane and one along the start/finish straight seems like complete overkill at the ring.

#7 camberley

camberley

• 438 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 17:46

So at Hungary, its only one detection zone for both the activation zones. That would be a big effect on strategy. The passing car in the first zone can pull away easily as he could use DRS in the 2nd zone .
It will also make passing easier because the car behind can use the first zone to pull close and then the 2nd zone to pass.

Should spice up the racing for Hungary which is a harder track to overtake on

#8 Forma1

Forma1

• 351 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 18:40

I have nearly spent half my life at the Hungaroring, ok, with some exaggeration. :)

I really welcome the double detection zone. The main straight alone didn't claim itself enough for passes, cos the last turn is a never-ending one when cars understeer so much. Since the second zone is on a shorter straight, and as a defender you can stay on the outer line, it will be the inner line for the next corner, so your rival can pas you if you can have a much better acceleration and get about 15 km/h advantage. I have so many hard battles there last month. It won't be artificial, so finger crossed, we get a better racing this year.

#9 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:04

Nurburgring looks good for an action packed race, but Hungarooring despite the 2 DRS zones will still boring and a procession.

#10 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,249 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:46

I'm so tired of hating on DRS, but again, two DRS zones for the Nurburgring is total overkill given the thriller we had in 2011 in part due to DRS being ineffective (i.e absent from the primary overtaking opportunity).

#11 wattoroos

wattoroos

• 1,738 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:46

I'm so tired of hating on DRS, but again, two DRS zones for the Nurburgring is total overkill given the thriller we had in 2011 in part due to DRS being ineffective (i.e absent from the primary overtaking opportunity).

Yeah, 2011 was a great race, I actually don't mind DRS but in certain cases they need to shorten the length of the zones, especially in Canada, Hungary is fine for me

#12 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:24

It annoys me where they make natural passing places easy passes rather than make difficult passing places into possible passing places.

This, this, this. T1 this year will be good enough place to overtake, why make it even easier? Short straight before the hairpin would be a much better choice for the second drs zone (assuming there need to be two zones)

#13 kedia990

kedia990

• 433 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:14

Hungary is a difficult track to pass on put rather than the one on the main straight, I would have one into the 90 right neat the end of the lap.

For Germany, I would have one of the zones on the short stretch before the hairpin and get rid of the one along the start straight.

Take :up: , :up: , and :up: .
Can't agree with you more. It seems they use DRS to guarantee atleast one overtake per lap. Or something to that effect. Rubbish.
Your suggestions are absolutely spot on.