Photo

LEGO cars by Bob Alexander

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:18

I don't know if this is the right subforum for this, but a guy named Bob Alexander made these cars which I kept looking at for some time. Maybe you enjoy them as well.

Posted Image

Attention to detail is amazing and I would love to make such a car (ideally Jordan of 2000), if I had the bricks (cq. money).

More here: http://lookslikegood...-bob-alexander/

Advertisement

#2 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:33

Moderately clever certainly, but not quite what I understand as Lego, I didn't know they made all those special car-shaped bits, this almost seems like cheating to me. I was expecting something rather more 'bricky', now that would be clever.

#3 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:17

Moderately clever certainly, but not quite what I understand as Lego, I didn't know they made all those special car-shaped bits, this almost seems like cheating to me. I was expecting something rather more 'bricky', now that would be clever.

Yeh, maybe you're right, but not much special-car shaped bits here (well, wheels);
Posted Image

#4 Derwent Motorsport

Derwent Motorsport

• 860 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:04

Well I wish I was "moderately clever"! I reckon you should never criticise unless you can do better yourself.

What size or scale are the models, must be quite big?

#5 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 13:16

Well I wish I was "moderately clever"! I reckon you should never criticise unless you can do better yourself.

I'm too modest to respond in detail to that, but I have earned a decent living as a professional modelmaker for most of my life...

Posted Image

One of my recent efforts, and all my own work, an R/C Falmouth workboat or oyster dredger.

#6 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,830 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 18:44

Yeh, maybe you're right, but not much special-car shaped bits here (well, wheels);
Posted Image

When I was a kid I'd sure liked to have a steering wheel, radiators, exhausts, suspension parts, roll bar, and brake ducts like that :lol:

#7 david5

david5

• 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:17

What size or scale are the models, must be quite big?

I feel your pain. It's usually me that picks the wrong person to do that to,bugga :rotfl:

#8 lustigson

lustigson

• 5,911 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:14

Here' stone Alfa Romeo 8C 2600 Monza: http://www.brothers-...-were-beatiful/

#9 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,349 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 16:18

Not racecars, but Lego cars nonetheless. If you ever watched the Blues Brothers movie, you may find this amusing.

#10 Glengavel

Glengavel

• 1,304 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 18:48

Beautifully done, even if their pork pies look more like stetsons!

"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers HAS been approved."