• 27,551 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:40

Carry on ...

Advertisement

#2 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:41

Hamilton is getting to arrogant to Rosberg now in the media he says ''he lacks his hunger'' i hope Rosberg beats him every race till the end of the year just to shut this bitch his mouth.

Great post, very even keeled, really adds value to the discussion.

Thank you for participating.

#3 charly0418

charly0418

• 3,289 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:45

LOL! Yeah a bit too much swearing on that post. I also think its an arrogant statement by Lewis but what can you do, at the end all that matters is who's on front.

#4 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:45

Oh,those Fer Alo fans. How not to like them:D

And I thought i left them behind in 2008 .

#5 Requin

Requin

• 359 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:48

While I agree that FerrariAlo's post wasn't the most articulate, he does have a point. Hamilton is doing himself no favors with comments like that. He needs to just get on with it and win.

#6 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:55

While I agree that FerrariAlo's post wasn't the most articulate, he does have a point. Hamilton is doing himself no favors with comments like that. He needs to just get on with it and win.

And what would we be discussing if it wasn¨t for TDG¨s occasional brainbombs. Topic of 3 pages, with orgy of highfives every other weekend. It¨s LH, he is messy, he is bloody, he is an arrogant sumofabiyatch, and I love him for that.

And remember, I am the fairest of the fair fans he has. Others are much worse. Bloody maniacs, like their hero..Hooligans of Ste. Devote

#7 NateF

NateF

• 4,052 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:57

Forum fan "I hate all these modern PR robotic F1 drivers, oh I miss the day of Hunt etc, real men who said exactly what was what..but I also want them to be humble, modest, respectful a bit like Clark"

What this really means is "I want the driver I like to say what he wants, and for which I will defend him for every word he utters and that one who I really dislike to keep quiet (yes sir, no sir) but occasionally give me the opportunity to jump on him  and analyse every single word, showing what a nasty individual he is". 

#8 P123

P123

• 23,938 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:58

If Nico gets as wound up as some on here...... nah, I think he's more sensible than that!

I see Autosport now reporting the latest, a day late, without attributing to any of their own staff- naturally as it's not theirs. A prime piece of click bait! If Lewis keeps talking the outraged folks will soon have to pay Autosport to be even more outraged!  ;)

#9 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 17:59

Nate, it¨s just unfair that I get to like your post just once. Thank you so much for saving me the trouble of explaining

#10 ham2014

ham2014

• 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:00

It's mental warfare, getting under an opponents skin is a tactic used by pretty much every top athlete.

#11 Retrofly

Retrofly

• 4,608 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:01

Look at all  the greats in motor racing

Rossi

Senna

Schumacher

You really think they gave a s**t what people thought?

Ham can say what he like as long as he delivers on track.

He's won 4 races in a row, I wouldnt change anythign he's doing right now.

Haters going o hate

Hamilton fans going to enjoy.

People do know that all the Hamilton fans gather in big groups late at night in the woods and feed off the ******** Hamilton detractors.

Omn nom nom nom nom.

#12 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:02

It's nothing.  Just something for people who already have something against him to latch onto and reward the greedy and dishonest spin from Autosport.

In actuality he said the hunger is different.  Not more. 

#13 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:05

Look at all  the greats in motor racing

Rossi

Senna

Schumacher

You really think they gave a s**t what people thought?

Ham can say what he like as long as he delivers on track.

He's won 4 races in a row, I wouldnt change anythign he's doing right now.

Haters going o hate

Hamilton fans going to enjoy.

People do know that all the Hamilton fans gather in big groups late at night in the woods and feed off the ******** Hamilton detractors.

Omn nom nom nom nom.

In Denzels immortal, Oscar winning words: "My Ni..a :D

Edited by meddo, 22 May 2014 - 18:06.

#14 MJB5990

MJB5990

• 2,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:06

undersquare is right. If you actually read the article, Lewis never says that he is hungier than Rosberg or that Nico lacks hunger. He just says it's different. Don't just read the headline, read the whole article and most importantly, the direct quotes.

#15 ham2014

ham2014

• 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:07

It's nothing.  Just something for people who already have something against him to latch onto and reward the greedy and dishonest spin from Autosport.

In actuality he said the hunger is different.  Not more. 

he did say it was different in the f1.com interview.

Let me tell you this: I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dad’s apartment - and Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things - so the hunger is different. I want to be the hungriest guy in the cockpit from all 22 of us - even if every driver has to believe that he’s the hungriest - because if I were to come here believing that Nico is hungrier than me then I might as well go home. So I’ve got to be the hungriest - to win the world championship you need to be the hungriest. 

#16 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:10

And he didn't say he was more hungry but

I WANT to be

#17 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:12

They are all starving under the current weight regulations.

#18 ZionLH

ZionLH

• 768 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:13

Lol some of these posts are straight up pathetic. People to thin skined these days , thats why the whole world is in a friggin state. Anyway Lewis's comments are abit controversial but **** happens. He doesn't like to shy away from from certain questions if its personal . He told it how it was (in his mind ) with out the the PC. If some people can't accept his opinion then your the type of person who can't see two sides of the coin. His comments shook a nerve in the upper class people in this forum , simple as that.

#19 FerrariAlo

FerrariAlo

• 70 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:17

Well sorry if i was a bit rude, but my point is that he described nico as a really good friend of him. but all i see him do the last few weeks is throwing arrogancy towards Nico for no reason, i think Sutil knows this friendship thingy with Hamilton all too well :D

Advertisement

#20 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:21

Lol some of these posts are straight up pathetic. People to thin skined these days , thats why the whole world is in a friggin state. Anyway Lewis's comments are abit controversial but **** happens. He doesn't like to shy away from from certain questions if its personal . He told it how it was (in his mind ) with out the the PC. If some people can't accept his opinion then your the type of person who can't see two sides of the coin. His comments shook a nerve in the upper class people in this forum , simple as that.

Bear in mind that those who don't think he should have said it, also think so because they feel it'd be better for him to have not said it from a 'not wanting a war of words that may backfire', point of view, not just the pc rubbish. I'm not sure turning this 'situation' with Nico into a feud any quicker than it has to is the right thing for him going forward hoping to win the championship.

Edited by Markn93, 22 May 2014 - 18:26.

#21 NateF

NateF

• 4,052 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:22

The only hunger we should be concerned about is that of the Kraken. Line up, we need another sacrifice I am sure I saw Alonso topping the times. 

#22 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:24

This thread is hiring on all cylinders now!

Lewis is by far the most entertaining driver on the grid. I am savoring every drop of attention, criticism, and praise he is getting. He is a lightening rod he is shaking what is the established, stuffy, good old boys club that is f1. Folks hate his tattoos, his hair, his hats, his friends, his lady, his story, his passion, and they way he makes detractors look a fool.

It provides me with great discussion and interesting insight into European sensibilities.

#23 NateF

NateF

• 4,052 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:25

Nate, it¨s just unfair that I get to like your post just once. Thank you so much for saving me the trouble of explaining

tumblr_lnyp0upi6t1qlt7lao1_500.gif

stare into the face of this arrogant sod

#24 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:27

Lewis is by far the most entertaining driver on the grid. I am savoring every drop of attention, criticism, and praise he is getting. He is a lightening rod he is shaking what is the established, stuffy, good old boys club that is f1. Folks hate his tattoos, his hair, his hats, his friends, his lady, his story, his passion, and they way he makes detractors look a fool.

It provides me with great discussion and interesting insight into European sensibilities.

Hiring? Where? Sign me up! 

#25 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:36

tumblr_lnyp0upi6t1qlt7lao1_500.gif

stare into the face of this arrogant sod

125.gif

#26 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:36

So when Nico says he is faster than Lewis he is not arrogant but when Lewis says he is hungry differently he is arrogant. I hope Nico really gets wound up even worse than his fans.

#27 ballow

ballow

• 270 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:38

Really? I walk into this thread and no drinks, no women and no music   :well:

#28 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:38

So when Nico says he is faster than Lewis he is not arrogant but when Lewis says he is hungry differently he is arrogant. I hope Nico really gets wound up even worse than his fans.

That's just Nico being Nico! Bless!

Part of the good old boys club.

#29 ZionLH

ZionLH

• 768 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:39

Bear in mind that those who don't think he should have said it, also think so because they feel it'd be better for him to have not said it from a 'not wanting a war of words that may backfire', point of view, not just the pc rubbish. I'm not sure turning this 'situation' with Nico into a feud any quicker than it has to is the right thing for him going forward hoping to win the championship.

Yea good point mark i should of mentioned that. The media really are trying to light the fuse between these two. I guarantee those newspapers will be plasting that quote in the sport pages as we speak. Ahh nothing will ever change with those clowns. However as you said Lewis just about took the bait but only a little bit bu then again thats all it takes to open pandora box.

#30 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:41

That's just Nico being Nico! Bless!

Part of the good old boys club.

Well when Nico says it, it's an informed, intellectual statement based on empirical evidence yet to be discovered by human beings, *spoiler* (The Nico Rosberg Effect - coming second in a two horse race yet being accepted almost universally, except by the stopwatch, as being the quicker). Whereas when Lewis says it .....

Edited by Markn93, 22 May 2014 - 21:57.

#31 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:42

Really? I walk into this thread and no drinks, no women and no music   :well:

And you don¨t find it funny?? Just when you walked in....

#32 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:49

Thanks to Lewis nobody can now claim the Mercedes domination by its drivers is making the season as boring as when Vettel was winning everything. F1 is back!

#33 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,637 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:51

#stevenage #trulyblessed #muchlove

This was probably filmed a little while ago, but coming to Monaco (specifically for the Grand Prix) must have put his life into real perspective.

#34 Bartonz20let

Bartonz20let

• 1,860 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:51

I really hate that Lewis character..... Much too awesome for my liking, but I'm the kind of guy who rubbs the salt of my ready salted crisps, don't like to get too excited ;)

#35 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,681 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:52

This is what you get when you read an Autosport headline but not an Autosport article.

#36 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 8,362 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:52

Anyway

Watching P2 today underlined that Lewis really does have an aura about him at the moment, quite similar to what Seb had last year. The commentators tone changes a bit when Lewis is on a hot lap, like it is almost a formality that he will net the fastest time. Even a cynic like myself has a lot more confidence in Lewis's ability than I did 6 months ago (this is relative to Nico). 

Despite Alonso going quicker in P2, Lewis looked okay from the little track time he had. He seems to be very strong in sector 2, where I believe he was quickest this morning (I only saw the highlights of P1 as I was in bed)

For now, I am leaning towards Lewis getting pole on Saturday, and the win on Sunday.

#37 NateF

NateF

• 4,052 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:53

125.gif

giphy.gif

#38 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:55

Anyway

Watching P2 today underlined that Lewis really does have an aura about him at the moment, quite similar to what Seb had last year. The commentators tone changes a bit when Lewis is on a hot lap, like it is almost a formality that he will net the fastest time. Even a cynic like myself has a lot more confidence in Lewis's ability than I did 6 months ago (this is relative to Nico)

Despite Alonso going quicker in P2, Lewis looked okay from the little track time he had. He seems to be very strong in sector 2, where I believe he was quickest this morning (I only saw the highlights of P1 as I was in bed)

For now, I am leaning towards Lewis getting pole on Saturday, and the win on Sunday.

How dare you. 

(Sorry that was an excellent post and the part bolded is certainly not what should be focused on, but I couldn't help myself). (apparently you didn't see my memo about picking Nico. Pick Nico, Lewis will get pole. Rinse. Repeat.)

#39 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 18:59

Anyway

Watching P2 today underlined that Lewis really does have an aura about him at the moment, quite similar to what Seb had last year. The commentators tone changes a bit when Lewis is on a hot lap, like it is almost a formality that he will net the fastest time. Even a cynic like myself has a lot more confidence in Lewis's ability than I did 6 months ago (this is relative to Nico). 

What! With your powers to foretell the future, Lewis is diomed!

Advertisement

#40 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:01

What! With your powers to foretell the future, Lewis is diomed!

As long as he's not doomed...  :p

#41 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 4,794 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:04

I wouldn't necessarily equate childhood wealth with hunger, Senna and Lauda both had fairly well-off parents but were extraordinarily hungry.

#42 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:06

That does it!!! I¨m trademarking doomed, damn it.

#43 ham2014

ham2014

• 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:09

Alonso looked pretty ragged as well, he looked like he was going for a qualifying lap.

#44 OO7

OO7

• 23,405 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:09

Anyway

And you call yourself a true fan!!! :mad:  :rolleyes:

#45 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:10

giphy.gif

WpsnwMs.gif

#46 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:18

That does it!!! I¨m trademarking doomed, damn it.

Too late, Private Frazer owns it :p

#47 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:18

I really hate that Lewis character..... Much too awesome for my liking, but I'm the kind of guy who rubbs the salt of my ready salted crisps, don't like to get too excited ;)

:lol:

#48 Nustang70

Nustang70

• 2,439 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:20

They are all starving under the current weight regulations.

Beat me to it.  :)  I wanted to say something about Sutil being the hungriest, based on his recent comments.  

#49 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:22

I wouldn't necessarily equate childhood wealth with hunger, Senna and Lauda both had fairly well-off parents but were extraordinarily hungry.

Apparently it works for Lewis

#50 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:28

Someone told me that he feeds Roscoe kittens........ Gotta be worth a headline eh Autosport?