- - - - -

Where's the best view place at Silverstone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mclarennut

mclarennut

• 480 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:19

I never been to Silverstone before but this year as a present from my wonderful wife I have a band 2 club three day pass & hotel booked and for the first two days I have a roving ticket. So as a newbie I have no idea where to go to see the first two days action, any advice from the regs would be great & anything else worth doing over the weekend...

Advertisement

#2 Maustinsj

Maustinsj

• 4,915 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:42

Friday I always get there at the crack of dawn and sit opposite the pits for FP1. Becketts for FP2 as you get a really good sense of speed when the cars fly past.

PS say hello to my son and I if you spot us!

Edited by Maustinsj, 30 June 2014 - 10:44.

#3 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,735 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:54

I usually spend the Friday moving from stand to stand. IMHO best places to view from are Luffield, Pit straight Club, Stowe and Becketts (No particular order), but if it's your first time try as many places as you can as just moving a hundred yards or so can sometimes change the experience quite dramatically.

Saturday I usually go to Becketts. It's a very popular stand for Q and you need to get there early and stake your claim.

#4 mclarennut

mclarennut

• 480 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 17:39

I usually spend the Friday moving from stand to stand. IMHO best places to view from are Luffield, Pit straight Club, Stowe and Becketts (No particular order), but if it's your first time try as many places as you can as just moving a hundred yards or so can sometimes change the experience quite dramatically.

Saturday I usually go to Becketts. It's a very popular stand for Q and you need to get there early and stake your claim.

Thanks for the tips, pit straight for FP1 lucky dip FP2 & Becketts very early on Saturday for both FP3 & Quily it is then, as its my first time and I'm mega excited I will most likely be there at 6am everyday   ;)  next time I go I will try the camping I think as that sounds like fun, but I do love a soft double bed...

#5 Dennis David

Dennis David

• 2,482 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 18:56

You're talking grandstands not the infield?