• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:42

News of a sale of John Coombs-related spares and memorabilia:

JOHN COOMBS SPARES TO BE SOLD BY TIMED AUCTION BY BUSBY BRIDPORT SALEROOMS

Busby Auctions of Bridport, Dorset, are delighted to have been appointed by the executors agents for the late John Coombs to handle the sale of a large number of spares and parts from the stores.

John Coombs was a racing driver and later entrant of such greats as Mike Hawthorn, Roy Salvadori and Graham Hill. While more widely known for his Jaguar connection, Coombs of Guildford being a celebrated and favoured agent for the Coventry marque, John's personal automotive interests stretched far and wide.

Guy Loveridge, consulting with Busby's on this sale, said: "I knew John slightly towards the end of his life, chatting with him extensively at Monaco, when I raced in the historics there in 2008. He never lost his zest for life, nor passion for anything to do with exotic or competition motor cars.

"I'm delighted to be able to assist with this sale and to highlight items, from not just C, D and E Type Jaguars, but also Porsche 356, BMW / Bristol engines and Bugatti items as well.

"We have also drawn in from Monaco items related to John and his competition activities and his long retirement on the Riviera."

Busby's will post an illustrated lot list on their website at www.busby.co.uk on 25 September, which will mark the start of one month of bidding time. On 25 October, there will be full viewing of the items at Bridport; at 3pm that afternoon, bidding will close, with collection available after that time into the 26th, once full payment has been made.

Buyers premium is 10%+VAT; further business details are available from www.busby.co.uk.

Guy Loveridge -  Hugo Busby - George Champ. 

Bridport Salerooms

The Old Hemp Store

North Mills

Bridport 

Dorset

England

DT6 3BE

Telephone: +44 (0)1308 420100

Email: info@busby.co.uk