- - - - -

Abu Dhabi 2014

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sycove

sycove

• 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:21

Should be a great end to the season, anyone else going?

Any advice for a first timer?

Advertisement

#2 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:02

I've done some investigation work for our website. Some tips:

- Stay in Dubai if you're on a budget. It's only a two hour drive from the circuit and hotels are cheaper.

- If you have the money, it's worth considering staying on Yas Island. Abu Dhabi centre is still some way away.

- Taxi prices are reasonable enough you do not need to hire a car.

- It's very hot during the day. Access to air-con facilities is recommended e.g. The Lounge at the North or West grandstands.
- North and West grandstand access seems to be better organised than that of the South and Marina ones.

- However, North grandstand seats are facing the sun, so it does get very hot for Free Practice 1 and Free Practice 3.

- The West and South grandstands is where the overtaking happens (thanks to DRS)

- Avoid Row A of the South Grandstand Upper Rows section - there's a metal barrier obstructing the view of both track and TV.

- The view from the main grandstand is pretty boring after the start of the race - just pit stops and podium celebration but not much of a view of the action.
- Get the tickets posted to you instead of queuing up in the sun to collect them

- Long queue in the sun for the autograph session. Only about 150 spectators get to have an autograph, so it might not be worth it.

- Alcohol only sold at a few location - check where these are before committing to purchase your race ticket.

#3 sycove

sycove

• 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 21:32

Thanks very much for the tips, we are staying in Dubai at the Atlantis

My tickets are for Al Jood in the main grandstand, so AC lounge to relax in and I like to watch the pitstops, rest of the action can be seen on the screens

I have my tickets already.

Do you know if there is any way of getting an extra after show concert ticket? Wife is going to yass mall whilst i'm at the Qualifying but wants to go to the concert.

#4 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 23:30

If she's also got a ticket, it's inclusive.

If not, maybe get a 3 day general admin ticket, if they are still available. (The Yas Marina Circuit site is sold out.)

#5 iainw

iainw

• 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 15:27

While they don't sell separate tickets to the Saturday and Sunday concerts, there are tickets (wristbands actually) available locally. Usually partner companies are given them or local radio stations to use as prizes. I would suggest the concierge at the Atlantis might be a good starting point. Failing that, given each day has a separate ticket, I'd ask your fellow Al Jood suite users, if not interested in going to the concert, would mind if you borrowed their ticket after qualifying for your wife. You can give it back to them on Sunday if they still want it .