Photo

Demand for 70's 80's Formula One memorabilia is growing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GroupC2

GroupC2

• 25 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 19:03

Ever since I was a school boy, in the 70's I have been a collector of F1 memorabilia from the 70's and 80's, anything issued by the teams or sponsors. It was my way of maintaining a strong passion, without filling my garage with cars and engines at a price I could afford.

Over the last year demand and prices have been rising rapidly, reaching a new peak yesterday, when a collection was put up for sale on Ebay. I know the whole collection of around 100 Senna, Honda and JPS Lotus stickers sold at auction for £200 in November. Yesterday rare JPS winners stickers sold for over £70.00 each, and achievedwith an average price of £50 the market has moved.

Stickers, Autographs and Team Press Packs change hands for reasonable values, demand is growing. So now is a good time to realise the value of anything you have saved for a rainy day.

As people sell their own collections, make sure you get the best price for them, as some auction houses seem to be undervaluing collections. And as the collection yesterday proved, dealers are now aware of the true value.