Photo

What about the LM 05C-Nissan ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,441 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:22

The 1000 Km of Fuji held on 06 October 1985 was marred by torrential rain. It was pouring with rain since the day before the race and the track was awash.

All the World Sportscar Championship competitors, including Martini-Lancia, TWR-Jaguar and Rothmans-Porsche factory teams, decided to withdraw before the start or during the early laps of the race, held under caution and behind the safety car. Actually only eighteen of the almost 40 entries remained in the event, all of them were Japanese teams.

The race was then red-flagged after two hours, completing only almost 275 of the scheduled 1000-kilometer distance. Half points were awarded in the Championship, but only to those drivers who drove during the race.

Veteran Kazuyoshi Hoshino, in a March 85G-Nissan was declared winner of the race. He shared the car with Kaiji Matsumoto and Akira Hagiwara, who both did not drive in the race.

Second finished Osamu Nakako, at the wheel of a LM 05C - Nissan, enterd by Panasport Japan team.

His co-drivers were the Italian Emanuele Pirro and Akio Morimoto.

I've never heard about this car. What abou the LM 05C-Nissan?

Advertisement

#2 PZR

PZR

• 137 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 16:09

Second finished Osamu Nakako, at the wheel of a LM 05C - Nissan, enterd by Panasport Japan team.

His co-drivers were the Italian Emanuele Pirro and Akio Morimoto.

I've never heard about this car. What abou the LM 05C-Nissan?

The 'LM05C' was actually an obscure but (for me, anyway) interesting project with a slightly peculiar engine. 

Built by 'Le Mans Garage' in Japan with Nissan's backing, the 05C was an updated 04C, which itself was an updated 03C. Engine was a Nissan FJ23 Turbo, a very short-lived development based on the 4-cyl DOHC FJ20 turbo engine that Nissan had used in some of its road cars.

1985 was the year when Nissan started to find its way with its Group C aspirations. It was running two chassis from March (the winning Nissan VG30 Turbo engined 'Silvia Turbo C' and its sister 85G 'Skyline Turbo C' driven by Masahiro Hasemi and Takao Wada) and Lola (the Nissan VG30 Turbo engined T810 'Fairlady Z Turbo C' of Nissan-backed 'Central 20' team and its owner Haruhito Yanagida, with Aguri Suzuki). Nissan subsequently put all their Group C eggs in the March basket for a few years.

If you would like to see some photos and a bit more detail, please PM me with your e-mail address. 

#3 jeffbee

jeffbee

• 114 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:00

Does these help?

http://www.racingspo...ive/LM/05C.html

http://www.teamdan.c...985/85fuji.html

JB

#4 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 18:44

A sleek white car at about 8:50 in the above video, with PERSON'S NISSAN lettering at the front, should be the LM 05C. Looks to me like a Ford C100.

Jesper

#5 enduro81

enduro81

• 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 18:50

Le Mans Company were quite involved in the Japanese series in the early years of GpC, mainly with Nissan powered cars but I think the last chassis  (that I know of) was Toyota engined.

True Scale Models do some nice 43rd models.

I would love any details on how many were built etc

#6 PZR

PZR

• 137 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:58

Nissan LM05C is pictured bottom right on the official souvenir program from the event:

hUUEXs.jpg

Edited by PZR, 23 April 2015 - 09:12.

#7 PZR

PZR

• 137 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:06

Direct links to some images of the car from the race:

https://imageshack.com/i/ex4MgXsJj

https://imageshack.com/i/ip8BoaTkj

#8 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,441 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 16:24

One has to be patient - TNFs will solve (CIT.)

:clap: