* * * * - 6 votes

Keep Fighting, Michael

• Please log in to reply
984 replies to this topic

#51 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 1,919 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:09

Who said I posted about them enjoying themselves?

Well, you did draw conclusions from the pictures you saw of Corrina and Mick performance on track. Which doesn't make sense.

Nobody can live in a permanent state of sorrow. No matter how tough what you're going through can be, at some point (some weeks or months after) you will have to have fun and laugh one way or another. You have to resume living your life to and doing what you love. It doesn't mean that all problems are gone or that everyone is feeling great, it's just human. 

Advertisement

#52 anneomoly

anneomoly

• 863 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:24

Well, it's all pure speculation about Michael's health. Few months ago, Corrina emerged smiling and looked happy, at a horse thingy. Then Mick showed and had some decent races. Judging from pictures, none seems to paint the 'so called horrible situation' Michael is in. 

Truth us, we all don't know. I do have hope that he will someday recover. Initially they docs treating him said 3 years. I hope this is the case. I still pray for him everyday. 

If I'd bred the quality of horses that Corinna Schumacher had bred, and got them placed in the world championships last year like she'd got them placed, and had a daughter that had just been crowned 2015 under 18 European Champion (as well as being guinea pig test rider at the senior Europeans), I'd be smiling as well. Stuff Mick, my money's on Gina Marie being the next Schumacher world champion.

#53 Wally123

Wally123

• 272 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 14:30

You have no info about his state - this post is utterly pathetic...

Be real man jeez, I think it's pretty obvious that Schumcaher is in a very bad state and will never be the same again.

#54 Jejking

Jejking

• 3,111 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:09

Last night I had a dream, sitting next to Schumacher and having a chat with him. That would be awesome if it were to come through. Agreed that everybody has to move on, within the family. Nobody stays said forever, there are always little things which cheer you up, even if it's temporary. Still thinking the family could have dealt with this better, like the Bianchis did. They completely went off the radar, even when billions of people are dying to know what is going on. What's so hard with 'yes, he breathes on his own, flutters his eyes a bit and yesterday he nodded in agreement to what we were discussing, so we have a looooooooooong road ahead but hey it is how it is?'

#55 Wally123

Wally123

• 272 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:28

I do think it's selfish of his family to keep it all a secret, he his loved by millions of fans worldwide. Telling the world about his condition isn't going to change it in anyway, why not be honest about it?

#56 Cloxxki

Cloxxki

• 472 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:46

Knowing the childishness of people, especially race fans, Michael being filmed alone would undoubtedly result in internet overload of really unkind comments which he cannot defend himself from. He can't say much back to it probably.
It's better like this, but yeah, I'm curious also. 

#57 Redzone

Redzone

• 312 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:56

I do think it's selfish of his family to keep it all a secret, he his loved by millions of fans worldwide. Telling the world about his condition isn't going to change it in anyway, why not be honest about it?

I share your feelings, in part, but not completely.  After all just because someone is a public figure, does not give us the right to know all about something like this. But  there is the other side of the coin. 

I said it before, thanks to social media and the internet,  people following a particular sport may come to know the personal lives of certain participants very well. While, it may all be an illusion developed from marketing efforts and slant in the reporting, (and we might really be shocked to meet the person in the flesh and spend a few days with them),  I know more about MS, Lewis Hamilton and others  than I know about 95% of my relatives and even good friends. 

So when something happens to someone such as Michael Schumacher, I want to know all about it, because I care. It is no different than wanting to know about a serious medical condition of a close relative.  How are they doing? What is the future for them? Will I ever see them awake and conscious? 

OTOH, the family is entitled to their privacy, and I certain that if they had their (and Micheal's) desires on these matters honored, they want him to be remembered as a seven time world champion, loved and hated as he was, and not how he is now.  

I have always had a problem with funerals. I want to remember them as I knew them before in better days, and not as a body laying in a casket.  

So I pray he will recover, not merely for his sake, but for his family,  friends and family...............

#58 Marklar

Marklar

• 28,275 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 13:10

I personally dont want to know it: I have Schumacher in my memory as the guy who dominated F1 in his Red Goddnes, the guy who was jumping like crazy on the podium and the guy who showed his honest emotions when things went wrong. If they would show us the current Michael Schumacher - in his for me assumed bad current state - I would struggle to cope with it althought I was never a fan of him. These pictures are the ones who should dominate in our memorys and I dont think that these pictures will dominate if we would have a look on the current Schumi.

michaelschumacher_ferrari_hungaroring_20

50_Michael_Schumacher_Wallpaper-31.jpg_0

article-2400134-0010E28700000258-167_634

But of course on the other side - at least from my side - I'm watching F1 since I was 4 years old and Schumacher was one of the first driver I admired. F1 drivers are almost like a part of your family from the emotional side because as a fan of the sport you deal almost every day these drivers. So yes: I would like to know how he is he, but not more.

#59 Cloxxki

Cloxxki

• 472 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 13:40

For me he must remain the guy who, despite all the things I had against him, did most of a GP with his gearbox stuck in 5th. 95% of F1 drivers would have retired thatcar. He made it work. Gears Shmears.
His not giving up in lucid life may have been why his family decided to keep him alive in any state. Michael took slim chances and cheated odds. Or just cheated. It would seem fitting he'd cheat or fight his way out of an irreversible situation. Back out of a narrow alley without reverse gear. I can see many reasons for the family to do as they did, regardless of Michael's actual situation. I just hope my family will be brave enough to allow this quitter to quit and get on incarnating into the next challenge. I'll do better next time.

Advertisement

#60 Silverstone96

Silverstone96

• 517 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 18:46

I don't think people necessarily want to see him how he is now but agree that all the fans that contributed to his vast fortune which is helping to now fund his medical care do at least deserve an update on how he is doing

#61 RainyAfterlifeDaylight

RainyAfterlifeDaylight

• 3,967 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 18:56

I believe his family has controlled the situation very good because a small statement about his condition can easily bring lots of rumors. By the way he has a young son and at that age children could easily get confused and affected.

#62 Imperial

Imperial

• 3,622 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 19:17

I don't think people necessarily want to see him how he is now but agree that all the fans that contributed to his vast fortune which is helping to now fund his medical care do at least deserve an update on how he is doing

Does that mean as an Alex Zanardi fan, next time I meet him I can demand he remove his prosthetics so that I can see his potato-stumped limbs?

I have bought Zanardi merchandise in the past, so I guess I contributed to his medical expenses.

#63 CSquared

CSquared

• 674 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 19:25

Since I don't know the situation, I see that as more reason to refrain from any kind of judgment and respect the family's choices in this matter which is probably more difficult than I can even imagine.

#64 pdac

pdac

• 6,611 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 19:51

Michael was a public figure. But now he has retired and so his duty to his fans is done. Please leave the guy and his family alone. If they want to share something with you, they will, but it's their choice now.

#65 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 3,620 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:31

I believe his family has controlled the situation very good because a small statement about his condition can easily bring lots of rumors. By the way he has a young son and at that age children could easily get confused and affected.

Mick's chosen a career, and he's at it, so yes, i agree with your statement.

Edited by garagetinkerer, 28 August 2015 - 06:31.

#66 molpid

molpid

• 361 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:39

Be real man jeez, I think it's pretty obvious that Schumcaher is in a very bad state and will never be the same again.

No it's not - please keep your shity comments to yourself.

#67 DarthWillie

DarthWillie

• 2,296 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:48

Although I want to agree with you on that, because I would like to know how he is doing. His fortune was made racing what he did in public not for his private life

#68 jimjimjeroo

jimjimjeroo

• 2,053 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 18:26

Quick Google today some articles around in the last few days mainly click bait it seems

#69 Jejking

Jejking

• 3,111 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 18:37

This is seriously getting me wound up after the popping up support message on the official website.

Obviously a lot of friends and business partners are saying Michael »Would be so proud« »Michael would love it..« Even Sabine Kehm couldn’t deny that: »Michael would have had lots of fun, to accompany his son in racing and give him tips. I’m sure he would be very proud of him.«

Source: http://ms-fans.com/c...giving-up-hope/

Why does this give me the feeling that Schumacher isn't present right now?

#70 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,047 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 18:49

It isn't a question of what we 'deserve'

Michael's family deserve to be left in peace and concentrate on his recovery.

I'm a massive fan of his and always will be but certainly don't feel I am not getting what I 'deserve' by a lack of updates. 

#71 ATM

ATM

• 335 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 18:50

For me he must remain the guy who, despite all the things I had against him, did most of a GP with his gearbox stuck in 5th. 95% of F1 drivers would have retired thatcar. He made it work. Gears Shmears.

Yeah, I remember that one in live broadcasting. Truly a masterpiece of driving, hats off. 

#72 Glengavel

Glengavel

• 933 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:23

It isn't a question of what we 'deserve'

Michael's family deserve to be left in peace and concentrate on his recovery.

I'm a massive fan of his and always will be but certainly don't feel I am not getting what I 'deserve' by a lack of updates. 

This is true.

As Neil Gaiman might say, "Michael Schumacher is not your bitch".

#73 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 6,287 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 14:47

Maybe because it's not our business?

#74 pRy

pRy

• 14,621 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 15:26

He's suffered a very severe head injury and so the scope of possible states he is currently in as a result of that injury is very wide.. and only his family and friends will know the detailed answer to that. But unfortunately one of the possible scenarios is as you suggest. That sadly is the nature of severe head injuries. We all hope it isn't that of course. We hope he can recover and return to as close to normality as possible. But it may be that he simply can't. We can only have faith that whatever state he is in.. he is being cared for in the best possible way and has his family and loved ones around him. That we can be sure of. The rest is private to the family. 

#75 Tourgott

Tourgott

• 1,149 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 16:59

I guess she is talking about Michael would have had lots of fun supporting his son at the track.

#76 Exumer

Exumer

• 247 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 04:51

Update from Ross Brawn:

“I do keep in touch [with Schumacher’s family], but we try and keep a balance of going to see him against calling, and not being a pain. I’ve been to see him a few times; Corinna, his wife, calls me occasionally and keeps me updated."

“We just keep praying every day that he’ll recover to a stage where…” Brawn’s voice trails off momentarily, before he gathers his thoughts. “It’s slow,” he goes on, “but there’s always hope.”

Full interview

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/interview/ross-brawn-obe/

#77 Tourgott

Tourgott

• 1,149 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:25

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(

#78 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 2,696 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:27

Update from Ross Brawn:

“I do keep in touch [with Schumacher’s family], but we try and keep a balance of going to see him against calling, and not being a pain. I’ve been to see him a few times; Corinna, his wife, calls me occasionally and keeps me updated."

“We just keep praying every day that he’ll recover to a stage where…” Brawn’s voice trails off momentarily, before he gathers his thoughts. “It’s slow,” he goes on, “but there’s always hope.”

Full interview

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/interview/ross-brawn-obe/

What he doesn't say there is as telling as what he does.

Awful situation.

#79 septerra

septerra

• 383 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 16:39

keep fighting mate. we're always thinking of you.

Advertisement

#80 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,616 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 16:58

Jesus, almost 2 years ago...

:cry:

#81 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,259 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 21:15

What he doesn't say there is as telling as what he does.

Awful situation.

That hurts - I really do hope he turns a corner in the next few years - such a freak accident - I was watching some old clips and for a moment I had forgotten about the present. Keep fighting Michael.

#82 Tourgott

Tourgott

• 1,149 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:01

11230213_914841221925668_154417120959210

#83 BillyWhizz

BillyWhizz

• 706 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 22:30

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/121595

Still fighting.

I'm not seeing a positive.

Mika was my man and Schumi the nemesis. A nemesis I grew to admire wholly, as a man (with flaws like the rest of us) and as the legend. I hope his record remains unbeaten.

But it's a terrible situation.

#84 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 2,696 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 22:42

Indeed, once again what isn't being said tells us a lot more than what is.

Heartbreaking.

#85 yuffyuff

yuffyuff

• 65 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 21:34

Really, I think 2 interviews from very, very close friends, probably with Corinna's blessing indicates that things are going in the right direction. If the situation was hopeless why would these 2 choose to speak out now in close proximity!
These are 2 highly respected close colleagues of MS who know how the press misinterpret anything they can. The prognosis was always 1-3years at the very outset, ms is just over half way, plenty of room for more improvement.........

#86 matrix666777

matrix666777

• 34 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:06

I read the news today in some other portal and the source seems to be bunte.de...any credibility on that?

Here's the link http://www.bunte.de/...hen-215921.html

Edited by matrix666777, 22 December 2015 - 12:06.

#87 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 6,270 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:13

Schumacher's manager strongly denied that.

#88 Marklar

Marklar

• 28,275 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:17

Kehm already denied that.

And no bunte is not reliable

Edited by Marklar, 22 December 2015 - 12:18.

#89 matrix666777

matrix666777

• 34 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:19

Schumacher's manager strongly denied that.

Did she say it's not true...or that only official information should be trusted?

#90 Marklar

Marklar

• 28,275 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:22

She said it is not true

#91 matrix666777

matrix666777

• 34 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:23

She said it is not true

That's sad...was hoping there was some truth in it...

#92 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 4,853 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:51

I read the news today in some other portal and the source seems to be bunte.de...any credibility on that?

Here's the link http://www.bunte.de/...hen-215921.html

"Bunte".

That alone should have been enough to realize that the story is BS. 

Edited by GoldenColt, 22 December 2015 - 12:51.

#93 Silverstone96

Silverstone96

• 517 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 13:06

Although the story is rubbish they are trying to be clever by goading kehm into giving info on his real condition which she has inadvertently done

So she confirms he is not walking which pretty much says there's no change from before

A grim picture and safe to say now after 2 years that MS won't ever been seen in public again as recovery is minimal. V.sad

#94 HuddersfieldTerrier1986

HuddersfieldTerrier1986

• 2,419 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 14:34

Said it before and I'll say it again. Don't believe anything you read in the papers or on websites about his condition unless it's quoted from an official statement/press release. They made it very clear a long time ago that the only information that can be trusted is through official statements/press releases by his management or family. I don't get why anyone pays attention to anything other than what's officially released in the ways mentioned.

Edited by HuddersfieldTerrier1986, 22 December 2015 - 14:35.

#95 Marklar

Marklar

• 28,275 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 14:38

Maybe because people want to believe that news that his condition has improved are true?

#96 kraduk

kraduk

• 667 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 15:28

They shouldn't have to, but surely it would be better for the family to just release a statement, that would stop all this idle speculation, and make the media parasites move on. It's not about right or wrong, its just the way the world is now.

#97 kamikaze1

kamikaze1

• 1,000 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 15:43

Thoughts are still with him and the family.  Shocking to see this BS at this time of year.  Anything to sell some rags.

#98 HuddersfieldTerrier1986

HuddersfieldTerrier1986

• 2,419 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 15:47

Maybe because people want to believe that news that his condition has improved are true?

Given how easy it is to release media statements and it be clear that they're official, it should be pretty clear whether it's genuine or not. Nobody with any sort of credibility is going to report on something seen on the internet. BBC, Sky, any decent news broadcaster won't so much as mention Schumacher's name unless they're literally talking direct from a statement which has been released by the family, his management etc (that I've no doubt would generally go on his own website first and then be distributed to all relevant media outlets).

#99 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 13,464 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 15:50

Kehm: “Such speculation is irresponsible, because given the seriousness of his injuries, his privacy is very important for Michael. Unfortunately they also give false hopes to many involved people."

The people who are involved already know how Michael is doing.

Magazines are able to sell their dreamt up stories because Kehm refuses to talk to the rest of the world about what is happening.

That she keeps playing the same dumbfounding 'no comments until someone makes something up' game is very disappointing.

Edited by Nonesuch, 22 December 2015 - 15:51.

Advertisement

#100 pRy

pRy

• 14,621 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 16:06

Magazines are able to sell their dreamt up stories because Kehm refuses to talk to the rest of the world about what is happening.

That she keeps playing the same dumbfounding 'no comments until someone makes something up' game is very disappointing.

They shouldn't have to, but surely it would be better for the family to just release a statement, that would stop all this idle speculation, and make the media parasites move on. It's not about right or wrong, its just the way the world is now.

Releasing a detailed statement on his condition would not stop the stories. Not in the long term. It may stop them that week or that month.. but fast forward a couple of months and another story of the same nature would appear in another tabloid. The family would have to release statements practically every month to have any real impact on the potential stories appearing.

But that's not the point anyway. The family are entitled to and should expect full privacy in this matter. They should not be forced into releasing personal medical statements about Michael simply because tabloid newspapers and magazines are effectively blackmailing them into doing so. That's not how it works... no matter how famous or successful the person is.

If they were allowing these stories to be printed without any reply at all.. then I would be critical. But they are always very quick to reply and state the report is untrue. This is always a blow because it sadly paints a sad picture for us after initial hope. But that's the reality. And that is why the family are so angry is happens. 

I think the they're doing the best they can in what will still be a very difficult and upsetting situation for them.