It may be a novel concept but:
1. The public has a right to want to know about his condition
2. The family has a right to choose to keep his condition a secret or not
3. The family has a right to choose to use his past success for merchandise and marketing
4. Here's the crazy one: The public has the right to choose NOT to purchase/participate in the merchandising and marketing, if they find it hypocritical that the family is choosing to operate 2 and 3 (above)
With that context, I also see no issue with a thread like this on a forum like this. Whether we have the information or not, there is no harm in wishing him well. There is no harm in coming to this thread in the hopes that some fresh news has filtered out.
What the family is doing is not unusual, because they're doing something a lot of people wish they could do but incredibly difficult to achieve (in my opinion). What IS unreasonable, again, in my opinion, is to demand any updates, because those who aren't family and in the inner circle, aren't entitled to this information.
There was a post earlier about how even Willi Weber doesn't know how he's doing and at least he should have known. Understandably, that's a speculative and unverified post; but in context there could be multiple reasons for this:
- Maybe Weber does know, and is pretending not to, in order to respect the family's wishes
- Maybe the family knows that their goal of utter secrecy will be compromised by Weber, and so don't share anything with him
At the end of the day we're on the outside, and besides the media speculating, and a few people feeling entitled about what info should and should not be divulged, I don't really find anyone being in the wrong here.
I'm the very last person in the world who one can consider even a remote fan of MS (I could not stand the guy, in fact!); but from a humanitarian point of view, I lie in the hope that he is not in pain, that he is not suffering, and that maybe he will recover from what the general consensus seems to be of his debilitating state.
So with that in mind, I will say: Keep fighting Michael