- - - - -

Forza Motorsport 6

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 16:19

Out Sept 15th, demo is on Xbox Live right now. It's looking good, alot better than FM5 which was a half hearted attempted IMO. more cars (450) & tracks (over 20 locations), wet races (baked in, not dynamic like PCars) & also night racing.

Unofficial car & track list

Game features/FAQ

Loving the race car list, I'm over the whole aspect of upgrading road cars to the top of their class. I will probably be getting into leagues on sites like T.O.R.A. and T.U.R.N. again because the racing classes look really awesome

Race car list here

Edited by MikeV1987, 08 September 2015 - 16:28.

Advertisement

#2 MattFoster

MattFoster

• 4,831 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:01

I got the Ultimate Edition on the weekend which gives you VIP membership for DLC and early access to the game.  It is a big improvement in a lot of ways on FM5 but not perfect.

#3 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,200 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 00:50

Out Sept 15th, demo is on Xbox Live right now. It's looking good, alot better than FM5 which was a half hearted attempted IMO. more cars (450) & tracks (over 20 locations), wet races (baked in, not dynamic like PCars) & also night racing.

Unofficial car & track list

Game features/FAQ

Loving the race car list, I'm over the whole aspect of upgrading road cars to the top of their class. I will probably be getting into leagues on sites like T.O.R.A. and T.U.R.N. again because the racing classes look really awesome

Race car list here

Beg to differ on the race car list--Indycars are cool, but wow, have they turned their back on sportscars. Less than six prototypes from the last five years, and only one that's actually racing currently? That's a really patchy performance from a series that used to have a fleet of present-day prototypes and GTs available. I'd trade in all the V8s and Formula Es for DPs, a PC, some LMP2s, and the Toyota LMP1 (it's my understanding that Porsche is impossibility at the moment).

I lost interest in Forza as a series when #5 came out because of what they did to the sportscar racing roster. The new game gives me no incentive to move up from FM4.

#4 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,946 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 18:09

It looks like a good evolution from FM4 og FM5, and the rain looks neat. Problem is, i don't really see much other use for the XboxOne, so buying the console and FM6 seems like expensive fun. I did spend a lot of hours with FM4 on the xbox 360, and i mostly bought the 360 because of the FM series, but i bought it cheap after FM4 was out, so it cost less than half of what a new xbox and FM6 would set me back if i bought it today.

I watched the "giant bomb" review/quicklook, and a few other reviews. First impressions from those makes me think they have done some good changes, and a few not so good... like "mod cards" for more grip or whatever (thought they marketed this as a "sim").

As for the selection of tracks and cars, i feel it is a good mix, but i do see the "sportscar" complaint above as a point. I, however,  mostly liked to mod and race the more "normal" street cars, like the BMW e36 M3, or other iconic cars, so for me it is not such a loss. I always felt that the Forza games lost some of its "fun handling" when you got too fast cars with too much downforce (like prototype cars and other pure race cars with big wings). This because i felt that the one thing the Forza series have nailed is the way you feel the cars weight changes and transition to sliding the rear, and the way the car feel connected to the road ( unlike i.e the GT series on the ps3 (not tried the PS4 version) where the cars doesn't really feel connected to the road, and you dont feel the weight of the car ). The more downforce, and faster car, the more you lost of that "feel".

Anyhow, i do hope some of my mates get it so i can try it out, since i feel that for pure "pick up and play" the Forza games are great and i hope FM6 is no exception :)

Edited by mahelgel, 16 September 2015 - 18:09.

#5 MattFoster

MattFoster

• 4,831 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:27

mahelgel

In November Microsoft is making the X Box One backwards compatible with over 100 previous generation games.  I am pretty certain the FM series will feature in that. 

#6 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,946 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:44

mahelgel

In November Microsoft is making the X Box One backwards compatible with over 100 previous generation games.  I am pretty certain the FM series will feature in that. 

Yeah, but im done with most of the games i have on the 360 anyway, except for a lap or two of the nurburgring in FM4 now and then... and that still works great on the 360. However, if there where to be some good offers come christmas shopping, i might treat myself :)

#7 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 17:11

One of the cool parts about Forza

#8 Knowlesy

Knowlesy

• 4,056 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 18:07

Good DLC pack this week. Highlight being the McLaren MP4/4.

#9 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 18:28

The NASCAR expansion came out this week

http://forzamotorspo...ascar_expansion

#10 Knowlesy

Knowlesy

• 4,056 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:40

The DLC this time round has been top notch. The 1990 Ferrari, NASCAR etc...

I hope all these cool cars point to the direction of Forza 7. Could be some epic cars and races if they add to the current lot.

#11 messy

messy

• 7,491 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 19:04

I bought an XB1 purely for Forza after months of trying to convince myself Project Cars was as good, which it blatantly isn't.

I love FM6, it's the perfect balance between sim and pick up and play. It's a great achievement. I love the way you can now select your opponents by division and effectively set up licenced V8 Supercars, Indycar or Formula E grids, now NASCAR too. This is where Project Cars ran out of steam. The lack of money shone through in the cartoon liveries and pulling of any licenced content. It basically left an open goal for Forza to come in and be the ultimate racing fan's 'plaything'. It's unrivalled at that.

#12 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 17:35

Forza 6 is still missing a lot of good things that Project Cars has though. If Slightly Mad Studios had Turn 10's budget then Pcars would blow Forza out of the water IMO.

Edited by MikeV1987, 02 June 2016 - 17:35.