Australian Super Touring Championship 1997

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AVWH22

AVWH22

• 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 23:32

Hi Folks,  :wave:

Just signed up today. I'm Alex and hail from Wiltshire.

I recently converted a UT Models BMW 320i model to replicate the 1997 Bathurst 1000 Brabham car, (the car which was awarded the race victory after Morris and Baird were disqualified for running double stints).

Anyhow, i'm wondering if anyone anywhere might have a photograph or some reference of the rear wing of this car so that i can see the layout of the advertising... I drew all the decals up myself for the conversion but sadly as i couldn't see the wing this has been left blank a bit annoying as i'm pleased with the outcome overall! 

If anyone can help i'd be very appreciative! 

Many thanks,

Alex

Advertisement

#2 Jager

Jager

• 443 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 18:24

Here's a picture showing the underside of the rear wing which you may have already seen :

3672.jpg

Alternatively, you might find what you want by scanning through You-Tube videos of the race :

#3 AVWH22

AVWH22

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 22:48

Thanks, I've amassed all the common photos of the car and trawled the footage but I just can't get a decent look at the wing.

#4 michaelslorne

michaelslorne

• 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 16:19

In the 1997 AMP Bathurst 1000 (for Super Touring cars), Morris and Craig Baird won the event, beating home factory BMW team-mates Geoff and David Brabham.

Post-race, Morris and Baird were excluded from the results after Baird was adjudged to have been in the car over the maximum allowed time. The Brabham pair was awarded the win.