• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wildbunch

Wildbunch

• 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:29

Hi guys,

Pictures of the album in this link http://imgur.com/a/ksecs

I've had this photo album for awhile now, found it at a garage sale at the time. It contains roughly 60 pictures made in the 60-70s?. I think the pictures are mostly self made, but I am no expert on this topic. The album also contains,

a picture of Jim Clark and Colin Chapman giving instructions before the race in Zandvoort in '62,autographed by Chapman.

One picture of Ritchie Ginther in his car, signed by Ritchie Ginther.

An autograph of John surtees.

A picture of Jack Brabham in his car, signed by Jack Brabham.

A piece of paper with Graham Hill's autograph.

As far as I know from the album it contains pictures of Jim Clark, Colin Chapman, Phil Hill, Dan Gurney, Ricardo Rodriquez, Joakim bonnier, Ritchie Ginther
John surtees, Jack Brabham, Graham Hill, Giancarlo Baghetti.

I like to scroll through the album every once in a while, but it also bothers me that it is laying in the drawer most of the time. Autosport memorabilia is not a thing I collect, and I think this would is a great series of pictures for a serious autosport collector.

Is there any value in this album? I know the autographed pics should be worth something. And what would be my best bet to get a valuation or sell it?

Thanks for looking, I will answer any questions that you might have. If there any errors in language or spelling I apologize, as for English is not my native language.

Advertisement

#2 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 13:17

An interesting collection of photos in that bunch, Many (mainly the larger ones) are, obviously, professional shots mixed in with some, presumably, taken by the album's owner.

The autographs will have some value but hard to be specific about value. Signed photos of drivers from this period can sell well on eBay, if properly listed, but the album will have a value as it is. Probably worth trying on eBay once you have decided on a realistic starting price.