f1_2016_may_002_wm.jpg
http://webcache.goog...16-new-features

Edited by Marklar, 25 May 2016 - 18:52.

Advertisement

#2 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,521 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 17:31

Link does not work for me diverts me to another webpage.

#3 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,283 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 18:51

Seems like they jumped the embargo  :D

Anyway, found it on the webcache

#4 pRy

pRy

• 26,311 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 19:35

Was about to question where the circuits were in those images because they don't look familiar to me and then it hit me.. it's Baku.

#5 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 21:06

Seems like they jumped the embargo  :D

Anyway, found it on the webcache

Still not working for me. That's a top 10 racing games list.

#6 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,283 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 21:38

Then in screenshots
Spoiler

Edit:here more

Edited by Marklar, 26 May 2016 - 21:47.

#7 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,521 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:54

10 years? So could I drive a Williams from 2006?

#8 Laura23

Laura23

• 825 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:51

10 years? So could I drive a Williams from 2006?

Nope. Means ten years from 2016 onwards. So ten years of driving the same cars over and over again.

#9 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,521 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 13:02

http://www.formula1....oming-soon.html

New article.

#10 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,626 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 13:44

I don't mean to be 'that guy', but the graphics of these games previous have always underwhelmed me. Looks so dull, no sense of speed, and onboard camera perspective isn't in the same position as real life, which is just bizarre. Games like DIRT Rally, Driveclub, even Forza - which is not exactly renowned for graphics, look wildly wildly better.

Edit! Just did some googling and apparently this is a widely accepted grievance.

The new acclimatisation and upgrade features look good here.

Edited by TomNokoe, 27 May 2016 - 14:00.

#11 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,283 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 14:01

CjdxJNZXIAAl3Wm.jpg

http://blog.codemast...ducing-f1-2016/

Edited by Marklar, 27 May 2016 - 14:04.

#12 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,521 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 14:40

Release date?

#13 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,332 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 15:21

Nope. Means ten years from 2016 onwards. So ten years of driving the same cars over and over again.

This is the reason why I don't get everybody wants a career mode. It's ten years of the same cars, same performance and same drivers in the same team.

F1 2015 was the best game in the series so far, because it didn't have the career mode.

#14 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:50

My thoughts on that list.

Career mode. I tend not to play career modes so I'm not fussed. But I know many do so that's a good thing. Nobody is forcing me to play a particular mode in a game.

More or custom helmets. Not too fussed. I prefer to play as the real drivers than myself. But if they got that in it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Classic content. It was my favourite part of F1 2013 and I'm sad they haven't been able to continue it. I understand why, but it's still such a shame.

Team management. Don't care as its a career mode thing. I just want to race F1 cars.

Formation laps. Can't think of anything more boring. Safety car, again can be a boring. Makes sense from a realism sense. Hopefully is an option. Given that nobody can get hurt in game, I'd rather just local yellows.

Testing. Another career mode aspect I don't care for. I prefer to jump into races.

Junior Formulae. Same as classic content. It would be nice as it would be more content. But I understand why it wouldn't be there.

#15 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:52

This is the reason why I don't get everybody wants a career mode. It's ten years of the same cars, same performance and same drivers in the same team.

F1 2015 was the best game in the series so far, because it didn't have the career mode.

Or the career mode from EA Sports' F1 Career Challenge. You started off in 1999 and finished in 2002. They had the rights to all four years for that one and it worked well. Shame the game wasn't particularly good.

#16 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 16:33

Let's face it, if you get it it's for Baku. Otherwise the other games are 'fine'. Which is to say none of them are great.

This would be better in the 90s as a PC game and we'd just buy a $25 expansion pack each year of the new cars and tracks...

btw Sergio Perez needs a new face or picture or something :D

#17 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,521 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 13:17

Let's face it, if you get it it's for Baku. Otherwise the other games are 'fine'. Which is to say none of them are great.

This would be better in the 90s as a PC game and we'd just buy a $25 expansion pack each year of the new cars and tracks...

btw Sergio Perez needs a new face or picture or something :D

I still like to drive all of the new cars. Its about as close as I can get.

#18 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 17:41

Couldn't disagree more, I would say 2015 is the worst in terms of game play and I've owned them all. Creating your own driver and moving up in the ranks is a must, single player is not nearly as immersive without that IMO. F1 2013 did it right. Create a driver, start your career at the young driver's test and work your way up through the teams throughout the seasons. I played multiple seasons when I could create my own driver, in F1 2015 I stopped playing once I reached Suzuka in my first season because single player felt boring and dumbed down beyond belief.

Edited by MikeV1987, 02 June 2016 - 17:56.

#19 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,332 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 18:20

Couldn't disagree more, I would say 2015 is the worst in terms of game play and I've owned them all. Creating your own driver and moving up in the ranks is a must, single player is not nearly as immersive without that IMO. F1 2013 did it right. Create a driver, start your career at the young driver's test and work your way up through the teams throughout the seasons. I played multiple seasons when I could create my own driver, in F1 2015 I stopped playing once I reached Suzuka in my first season because single player felt boring and dumbed down beyond belief.

Really? And racing against the same drivers in the same teams for five seasons in a row was fun as well?

At least F1 2015 gave you two genuine seasons to race in.

Edited by DutchQuicksilver, 02 June 2016 - 18:20.

Advertisement

#20 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,521 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:00

Really? And racing against the same drivers in the same teams for five seasons in a row was fun as well?

I hope they bring that back, would be nice to play 2014 through to 2016.

#21 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:13

Yeah, when you can make your own driver and progress your own career that is fun. When I play my own career, I am not really thinking that much about other drivers and teams. Although, It would be cool if the line ups changed a bit every season or so, but that would never happen due to the licensing and legal bs a game like this comes with. The only way to make that happen would be mods on PC.

As for your second point; All they did was give you a free copy of the equally crappy (if not, worse) F1 2014. A year old, last gen game that was ported to the new consoles. Big deal.

Edited by MikeV1987, 03 June 2016 - 13:58.

#22 messy

messy

• 7,491 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:27

Yeah, when you can make your own driver and progress your own career that is fun. When I play my own career, I am not really thinking that much about other drivers and teams. Although, It would be cool if the line ups changed a bit every season or so, but that would never happen due to the licensing and legal bs a game like this comes with. The only way to make that happen would be mods on PC.

As for your second point; All they did was give you a free copy of the equally crappy (if not, worse) F1 2014. A year old, last gen game that was ported to the new consoles. Big deal.

That last bit isn't true - the 2014 content was still F1 2015, it wasn't a port of the previous game at all. 

#23 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 5,630 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:02

I agree.

F1 2015 was easily the worst F1 game I have ever played, and I have played them all since F1 on the original PlayStation, and Grand Prix 2 on the PC.

Nice to see 2016 Is getting a career mode. It might make the game a little less bland, but I doubt I will be picking this up till the price drops a little. Never been that impressed with F1 titles since their return in 2010.

#24 messy

messy

• 7,491 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:45

I never got the negativity towards F1 2015. I've been playing F1 games since F1'97 on the PlayStation and I liked it - nothing flashy about it, nothing complicated - but the handling and the racing seemed quite well tuned to me - a bit too simple maybe, not particularly challenging and probably too easy to just pick up and be competitive from the first lap, but solid fun with good AI and quite a well tuned difficulty level (unlike in the previous games where some tracks were really easy and some - hello Korea, Silverstone) incredibly hard to beat the AI. There's a decent foundation to build on for 2016. I hope they have.

#25 Burtros

Burtros

• 3,305 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:00

Career mode on these games makes no sense, its little more than playing 10 individual seasons. The competitive order does not change, the tracks do not change, the drivers do not even move teams. The only difference between season 1 and 6 was what team I was driving in!! 

About the only thing it does is stop you getting straight into the good cars when you start out, and drip feed their release to you.

#26 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,626 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:31

Personally I always thought the AI was unrealistic in 2015 in the sense they forever hold unrealistic lines around the outside when there would be no grip at all in real life. They were difficult to pass sure but I don't know if that meant they were good.

#27 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,283 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 15:12

Multiplayer support for 22 players. Manual starts. The Formation Lap. This is F1 2016. Coming 19th August:

More infos

Edited by Marklar, 07 July 2016 - 16:15.

#28 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:51

I would like to have F1 game which has full training programs including data in laps and silly demands by team for programs: (drive 30 laps with these tires, ignore fast laptimes), (Team's 3rd driver brings so much money into team he will drive this session).

I also would like to see manual pit lane driving, with proper pitstops, brakes on and random FIA checks. And lastly when you finish the race, you slowly circle the track and collect all that **** from track so your car weight will match inspections. You also need to taxii at parc fermé manually. Then there will be mini-game to shake sparkling wine, have a gulp from it or as an option to whack Eddie Jordan around a bit with that bottle.   

But I am afraid, Codemasters will take off previous options and does even more dull game than predessors, but better looking one.

If I would want same cake over years by more eye candy I would go buy thicker eye glasses. I think I will leave this game at shop too.

Edited by The Kanisteri, 08 July 2016 - 09:09.

#29 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:56

Multiplayer support for 22 players. Manual starts. The Formation Lap. This is F1 2016.

Ooh, missed that. :D

#30 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:03

My thoughts on that list.

Career mode. I tend not to play career modes so I'm not fussed. But I know many do so that's a good thing. Nobody is forcing me to play a particular mode in a game.

More or custom helmets. Not too fussed. I prefer to play as the real drivers than myself. But if they got that in it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Classic content. It was my favourite part of F1 2013 and I'm sad they haven't been able to continue it. I understand why, but it's still such a shame.

Team management. Don't care as its a career mode thing. I just want to race F1 cars.

Formation laps. Can't think of anything more boring. Safety car, again can be a boring. Makes sense from a realism sense. Hopefully is an option. Given that nobody can get hurt in game, I'd rather just local yellows.

Testing. Another career mode aspect I don't care for. I prefer to jump into races.

Junior Formulae. Same as classic content. It would be nice as it would be more content. But I understand why it wouldn't be there.

With all respect, should you just consider Mario Kart?

#31 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:07

I can't understand how there would be any fun in playing the formation lap. Hopefully it's an option you can turn off.

I'd like to have manual pit lane driving though. But I guess it would require a lot of programming on Codies part to have the pit crews jump out of the way if you drive at them wrongly.

#32 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:08

With all respect, should you just consider Mario Kart?

Mario Kart is great fun, but that has nothing to do with my desire to avoid the boring parts of a GP.

#33 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:55

GP racing has lot of boring parts. If that is your excuse, there shall be only start, one lap and pitstop then 2 more last laps till chequered flag with worn tires and almost empty fuel tank. :D

Edited by The Kanisteri, 08 July 2016 - 10:56.

#34 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:22

GP racing has lot of boring parts. If that is your excuse, there shall be only start, one lap and pitstop then 2 more last laps till chequered flag with worn tires and almost empty fuel tank. :D

Sorry for actually wanting to have fun when I pretend to drive a formula 1 car.

#35 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:40

PayasYouRace,

Aww, don't take it personally. Of course I want options to take set them on and off.

My critism is actually on casual playing like you described. More bling bling, less boring stuff. It atracts casual players and sells for game company. But it has price, it takes a lot away from player who are seeking for challenge and simulation.

For example: One of best rallying games - Richard Burns Rally - was so real thing, majority who tried that barely survived 100 metres on straight. Less if there was corners. Game is ranked very high, but it didn't sell a lot. Then there's these eye candy games  developer has tend to leave some major options off (like career mode in F1 couple prequels ago) due it atracts so few people from their main customers. Such decisions will shoo challenge and simulator seekers away.

Codemasters had notorious quote when they were releasing Grid 2:

"It’s a fact that only 5% of Codemasters Racing game players ever used the in-car view."

That tells a lot of their arcade eye candy. It's quite hilarious when several different racing games grants achievement/trophy from dashboard view "You belong to 5%". :D

Edited by The Kanisteri, 08 July 2016 - 11:45.

#36 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:18

There's attention to detail and realism and then there's adding stuff that would be boring.

Maybe it's because I still use Geoff Crammond's sims as a gold standard for F1 games, GP2 in particular. They didn't have "arcade eye candy". They had stuff that mattered like car set up, full customisation of race lengths and sessions to compete in. Car failures and some better AI than you see in modern games. But they didn't bother with things that would be boring like parade laps. There's no challenge there.

I don't appreciate being patronised because I want to have fun in an F1 sim.

Yes Codies did take a wrong turn with Grid 2. Thankfully they fixed it for Grid Autosport and Dirt Rally.

#37 Yoshi

Yoshi

• 3,360 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:27

I'd like to have manual pit lane driving though. But I guess it would require a lot of programming on Codies part to have the pit crews jump out of the way if you drive at them wrongly.

This year there is an option for manual pit entry based on the information I heard yesterday.

Not sure if it's only the entry or more.

#38 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,283 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 18:23

This sounds cool

This is the game changer in F1 2016 career mode: development race that spans your 10 seasons. Shakes the order up

Cn_SbwCWYAAytmo.jpg

#39 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,332 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:11

Sounds cool, but it's still ten seasons with the same drivers in the same teams.

Advertisement

#40 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 21:45

Sounds cool, but it's still ten seasons with the same drivers in the same teams.

Very realistic going by this year's silly season.

#41 Kao18

Kao18

• 5,618 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 19:50

Looks pretty cool:

#42 Lights

Lights

• 17,875 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 10:12

Or the career mode from EA Sports' F1 Career Challenge. You started off in 1999 and finished in 2002. They had the rights to all four years for that one and it worked well. Shame the game wasn't particularly good.

I can't argue on F1 Career Challenge, but its PC counterpart F1 Challenge '99-'02 was better than anything Codemasters have ever produced.

#43 messy

messy

• 7,491 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 16:51

Yup, the PC version of career challenge was a brilliant game, the console version has everything it had, except for a good game underneath it. It was dire. Shame - at that stage I was stuck with console games. Didn't discover 99-02 till it was ancient history.

#44 Button4life

Button4life

• 6,059 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:44

FOM doesn't allow teams to change. FOM actually allows almost nothing. Even the sponsers have their word in the game. The sidepods and engine covers can't break off because it would look bad for the sponsers. Codemasters are actually doing pretty good this year with so many limited things.

#45 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:58

I just saw YouBook video of player trying to screw up career by doing Maldonado all the time. Video got at spot driver got serious warning contract getting terminated. Demo version didn't allow player to drive enough races but seems like getting fired was possible.

Most interesting though was checkpoints in GP weekend tasks and comparison with team mate. I'm still quite sceptic of this game, but if user reviews are very positive, I might buy this.

#46 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,284 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:44

I can't argue on F1 Career Challenge, but its PC counterpart F1 Challenge '99-'02 was better than anything Codemasters have ever produced.

I believe EA Sports had different developers for the console and PC games at the time. Either that or the PS2 version was a poor port. I remember distinctly that it didn't ever support analogue steering, let alone throttle and brake, but it was poorly optimised for digital control. It also had terrible engine tone.

Then again, any of Geoff Crammond's games have yet to be bettered for their time.

#47 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 16:55

Career is looking good, way better than the crap they pumped out for the last two years.

#48 Reinmuster

Reinmuster

• 969 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 16:04

Yup, the PC version of career challenge was a brilliant game, the console version has everything it had, except for a good game underneath it. It was dire. Shame - at that stage I was stuck with console games. Didn't discover 99-02 till it was ancient history.

especially played with emac's mod of 03-05 seasons. I mean the McLaren's MP4-20..

#49 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,521 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 14:53

Some people have received the game early according to twitter.

#50 Yoshi

Yoshi

• 3,360 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 18:32

Jep I received my PS4 version already today from my gameshop here in Switzerland.

I played so far only a fast race with Kimi in Monza.. Qualy in rain of course... :stoned:  even with TC on you are having a hard time with the throttle.. you really need to be patient, otherwise you are losing the control of the car.. happend two or three times out of Parabolica.

More impression will follow soon...

I'm still thinking to buy a wheel.. ;> are you guys playing with a pad or wheel?

Edited by Yoshi, 17 August 2016 - 18:34.