Photo

Walter, Hans or Hans-Joachim

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Henk Vasmel

Henk Vasmel

• 779 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 19:46

When researching some old Porsche results, I found a race where Heini Walter was listed as a participant. Through his website I found out that he was not present that day, because he was somewhere else. Since the race in question was Le Mans, it is not one you easily forget about. Other sources said H. Walter and Hans Walter. Now I understand where the confusion came from. But which of the two was present that day, Hans or Hans-Joachim. I have seen too many references where these two names are thought to be interchangeable, so I want to know if anyone can help me finding a clear distinction between these two and their careers. From what I found, it appears that Hans was a few years older than Hans-Joachim so his career seems to be more in the fifties, while Hans-Joachim would be in the sixties. But I do think there is an overlap.

Advertisement

#2 nexfast

nexfast

• 976 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 21:46

When researching some old Porsche results, I found a race where Heini Walter was listed as a participant. Through his website I found out that he was not present that day, because he was somewhere else. Since the race in question was Le Mans, it is not one you easily forget about. Other sources said H. Walter and Hans Walter. Now I understand where the confusion came from. But which of the two was present that day, Hans or Hans-Joachim. I have seen too many references where these two names are thought to be interchangeable, so I want to know if anyone can help me finding a clear distinction between these two and their careers. From what I found, it appears that Hans was a few years older than Hans-Joachim so his career seems to be more in the fifties, while Hans-Joachim would be in the sixties. But I do think there is an overlap.

There is a site  (in German and English) dedicated to Heini Walter that supposedly lists all his races at this address:

http://www.heiniwalt...x.php?id=37&L=1

It might be helpful to make the distinction with Hans-Joachim Walter.