Photo

Motor Sport magazine - is it as good as it could be?

• Please log in to reply
855 replies to this topic

#851 kayemod

kayemod

• 8,938 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 15:25

Another first world problem I am afraid: I skipped my subscription of MS a couple of months ago

but they keep sending me  2 -3 mails PER DAY to offer gifts, vouchers, subscription offers, tickets etc.

I asked a couple of times to stop it, without success. Annoying, how can I get rid of them? :mad:

Very simple. May depend on which email provider you use, I use Outlook, but others will be more or less the same, first highlight one of the MS messages in the reading pane.

At the top of the page, click on Actions, then Junk mail and Add sender to blocked senders list.

That's it, those nasty people at Motor Sport shouldn't bother you any more. If you change your mind, just follow the same course in reverse.

Actions, Junk email, Junk email options, blocked senders, and remove Motor Sport magazine from the list.

Nothing to it, though it's possible other providers may have slightly different labels.

Advertisement

#852 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,911 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 16:19

I'm a digital subscriber and in addition to having the much needed space without years' worth of back issues lying about (due in no small part to downsizing my digs) I can peruse the archive which gives me great pleasure. Now I wish that Rod & Truck would do the same thing. Archives I mean.

#853 Parkesi

Parkesi

• 66 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:12

Kayemod - thank you!

My complain was a general unhappiness regarding MS but your concrete support is much appreciated.

I´ll try to follow your instructions and hopefully there will be no more useless offers in future. Andreas   

#854 doc knutsen

doc knutsen

• 589 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 21:22

One does tend to find a lot of duff gen on those boards ...

In "Matters of the Moment" in the latest issue, there is a feature that is headed "Monaco still magic at 90", and goes on to remind us that "Grover-Williams was the first of 46 drivers to have won the Monaco GP,  Nuvolari,  Moss, Carraciola, Fangio, Brabham, Schumacher, Haekkinen, McLaren, Lauda, Prost and the original Villeneuve being among those to have followed."  A very significant name was, unfortunately, not on  this list.  A case of Mr Monaco Forgotten (to paraphrase a book title), perhaps? :well:

#855 uffen

uffen

• 1,869 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 00:05

In "Matters of the Moment" in the latest issue, there is a feature that is headed "Monaco still magic at 90", and goes on to remind us that "Grover-Williams was the first of 46 drivers to have won the Monaco GP,  Nuvolari,  Moss, Carraciola, Fangio, Brabham, Schumacher, Haekkinen, McLaren, Lauda, Prost and the original Villeneuve being among those to have followed."  A very significant name was, unfortunately, not on  this list.  A case of Mr Monaco Forgotten (to paraphrase a book title), perhaps? :well:

Both G. Hill and A. Senna absent.

#856 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 9,490 posts

Posted Today, 16:33

For some, that is deeply...disappointing...            :rolleyes: