Photo

Having trouble quoting posts?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dave12

dave12

• 730 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 14:50

Hi I'm having trouble quoting posts from other users, clicking on the quote button which takes me to the bottom of the page in the typing section but the quoted post is not there..

Anyone else having this or am I being a idiot and doing something wrong?

Regards Dave

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,857 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 15:48

What browser and operating system?

#3 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 16:44

This earlier thread may help:

Using IE and having problems with quoting and posting links/pics? Suggested workarounds

#4 dave12

dave12

• 730 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 16:52

Ah ok it's a Windows 8.1 problem, sounds about right. Annoying

#5 Xentas

Xentas

• 815 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:05

Hi I'm having trouble quoting posts from other users, clicking on the quote button which takes me to the bottom of the page in the typing section but the quoted post is not there..

Anyone else having this or am I being a idiot and doing something wrong?

Regards Dave

yeah, that is annoying. sometimes i try to edit a post to try insert a quote or a multi quote and ends up showing in the quick reply box below that, other times i do pull up a quote it ends up being pasted above a previous quote.

i run windows 7 on firefox latest version.

#6 ThadGreen

ThadGreen

• 2,445 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:31

Windows 10 and Firefox.

It seems that responding to posts regarding quotes and embedded url's have changed over the past few days, is it me or has there been a change?

#7 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,857 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:54

Windows 10 and Firefox.

It seems that responding to posts regarding quotes and embedded url's have changed over the past few days, is it me or has there been a change?

No problem for me with the same set-up. Try clearing Autosport cookies and cache. If no improvement, see if using Firefox Safe Mode makes a difference - if it works okay in Safe Mode it could be a problem with an extension. If not, then your Firefox profile might be borked in some way.

#8 ThadGreen

ThadGreen

• 2,445 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 13:20

No problem for me with the same set-up. Try clearing Autosport cookies and cache. If no improvement, see if using Firefox Safe Mode makes a difference - if it works okay in Safe Mode it could be a problem with an extension. If not, then your Firefox profile might be borked in some way.

Thank you I will try your suggestions.