Photo

Scuderia Filipinetti Land Rover

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jager

Jager

• 443 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 04:35

Back in the early 1960's, Scuderia Filipinetti had a bright red Land Rover that they used as a tow vehicle to carry their cars across Europe on a single axle trailer.

I have a picture of it parked outside the Teloche garage at Le Mans in 1964, but wondered if anyone had any other pictures which could assist me with modeling this vehicle in 1:43. 

Advertisement

#2 EDWARD FITZGERALD

EDWARD FITZGERALD

• 706 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:25

ALM issued a model of the Landrover towing the team caravan, I think they may have closed , I will look I may have a phone number for them

#3 EDWARD FITZGERALD

EDWARD FITZGERALD

• 706 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 14:06

Go to www.carmodel.com search Alm-Model they have a photo of the landrover and caravan , not available at present

#4 group7

group7

• 548 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:02

there is a photo posted 23rd. November 2015, on page five,  in the Filipinetti thread on "Auto Diva" from France. shows the Land Rover from the left side with tires on the roof. maybe this is the one you have ? if not,  can't post here, but PM me and I can send it to you.

Mike, in Canada

#5 Jager

Jager

• 443 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:36

Thanks All

Edward, I've seen that ALM kit but its quite expensive. I was thinking of a cheaper option, repainting an Oxford 1/43 model and applying Scuderia Filipinetti decals.

Mike, it sounds like the same picture I've got. If you google "1964 "le mans" teloche garage" images, it comes up on the first page of results and shows the Land Rover in a wet street outside the Teloche Garage at Le Mans. Is this the one ?

#6 group7

group7

• 548 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 14:28

Jager, that is a great image of the Filipinetti team at the Teloche garage. I have two different black and white images of the Land Rover from the "Auto Diva" site. PM me off the forum, and I will send them to you, if you like.

Mike

#7 Jager

Jager

• 443 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 19:42

Thanks Mike. PM sent.