Photo

Autosport magazine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 doc knutsen

doc knutsen

• 734 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 17:24

Well, whaddya know...some three days ago, I received my copy of Autosport magazine, whose front page told me "How Hamilton can beat Rosberg". And waiting in my mailbox to-day, the latest issue, telling me that Rosberg is champion, and that "Hamilton tries everything but Rosberg stands firm."

As a long-time subscriber (from 1969) I get the magazine via the regular postal services. So, where do I live? In the outbacks of East Nowhere?

Well no, actually. I live in Norway, an hour's drive south of our capital, Oslo, and and hour and a half's drive from Oslo International airport, from which a regular flight to the UK takes one hour twenty minutes. I can have a set of racing tyres from my UK suppliers at my door inside 24 hours, and parcels are usually delivered inside 48 hours at worst. In the Seventies, Autosport would hardly ever fail to be in my mail box Saturday morning, two days after publication in the UK. But now...it takes three weeks!

Any chance, i wonder, of the new owners taking a look at this ridiculous state of affairs, and try to improve on deliveries so that the news I receive from my Autosport subscription are something reasonably recent?

Advertisement

#2 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 18:00

Any chance, i wonder, of the new owners taking a look at this ridiculous state of affairs, and try to improve on deliveries so that the news I receive from my Autosport subscription are something reasonably recent?

Stop whining, when I were a lad out in Mufulira, Zambia in the days before I could afford a subscription I used to have to drive 50 miles to the nearest big town and go to the biggest newsagent where I might be lucky to find a twelve week old copy of Autosport for sale, it was only a 12 hour flight from London :wave:

#3 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 18:03

This probably isn't the right place to raise this.

#4 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 18:05

For what it's worth, when I published a page on the McKee Mk 12 yesterday, it was available in even to most remote areas of Norway just 0.3s later :)

http://www.oldracing...com/mckee/mk12/

#5 doc knutsen

doc knutsen

• 734 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 19:33

Stop whining, when I were a lad out in Mufulira, Zambia in the days before I could afford a subscription I used to have to drive 50 miles to the nearest big town and go to the biggest newsagent where I might be lucky to find a twelve week old copy of Autosport for sale, it was only a 12 hour flight from London :wave:

Did you have hot or only cold gravel for breakfast? :lol:

#6 john aston

john aston

• 2,682 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 14:54

Luxury; we bloody dreamed of gravel.