Photo

Bob Light

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian Beese

Adrian Beese

• 55 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:39

Bob Light, archivist and commentator at Prescott hill climb has passed away aged 74

Advertisement

#2 fuzzi

fuzzi

• 583 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 15:56

Bob was also a superb photographer and man with a great an generous heart. His devotion to his wife was an example to us all.

Another  great man gone.

My sincere best wishes to his family.

#3 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 21:02

I'm very sad to hear this. Bob was, as Julian has said, a great chronicler of the hillclimb movement and a fount of knowledge on all things to do with Prescott and the BOC, in particular. I hadn't seem him around for some years now as I know he, himself, had not been well (with Parkinson's disease, I believe) but I always enjoyed his company. God speed, Bob

#4 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,577 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:20

2016 has not been a good year and now Bob Light has passed away. Bob was a wonderful man and very encouraging to 'novice' photographers at Prescott. He will be sadly missed.

#5 Lee Shells

Lee Shells

• 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:09

So very sad to belatedly hear this news. Bob encouraged me a great deal many years ago. I first met him at a grass track bike meeting in the late 70's. He took photos from top of a step ladder which gave his images an angle not normally seen. Years later I asked him if he had any images of the rider I had been mechanic for and within days a monochrome print arrived in the post!