Photo

1989-1990 BTCC organisers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigears

bigears

• 973 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 15:14

I have been looking for information of the cancelled BTCC race at the 1988 Birmingham Superprix (due to time constraits and numerous delays from the F3000 race) for many years as I got so many gaps in my research. I have asked David Lucas (organiser of the Birmingham Road Race committee) some drivers such as Andy Rouse, Karl Jones, Chris Hodgetts and a few drivers and no avail. I have been in touch with RAC MSA who organised the BTCC round and they got nothing as well.

So I have decided to look into the BTCC organisers at the time of the 1988-1990 BTCC era. As this is a very long shot but does anyone know whereabouts of the organisers:

1987: Spencer Hall (BTCC Co-ordinator)

From the 1989 ESSO BTCC media guide/information:

- Robin Bradford (Robin Bradford & Associates) Media Co-ordinator,

Gerard Sauer - Championship Co-ordinator,

Kevin Best - Sponsorship Co-ordinator.

From the 1990 ESSO BTCC Series Guide:

- Jim Wright (Active SPort Ltd) BTCC Co-ordinator,

Andrew Beint (Assistant BTCC Co-ordinator)

Robin Bradford (Robin Bradford & Associates) Media Co-ordinator.

I would appreciate anyone who would help me to find information or photos from the 1988 race and those people who was involved with the organisational side at the time. Thank you.

Advertisement

#2 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,323 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 16:50

Robin is on TNF, so I'm sure he will contact you or feel free to email me and I will send on to Robin.

#3 bigears

bigears

• 973 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 18:35

Robin is on TNF, so I'm sure he will contact you or feel free to email me and I will send on to Robin.

I have sent you an email. Thank you.