Ferrari SF70H (seconda parte)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3999 replies to this topic

#1 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,770 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 20:37

Old thread has reached its limit. Please continue grazie.

Advertisement

#2 f1paul

f1paul

• 8,276 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 20:43

Yeah Ferrari are giving Mercedes are fight. More of the same for the rest of the season please. 

#3 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 00:07

I'd say it's a fight once we see the first red pole.

#4 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:24

What is important to me is not to see Lewis runs away with his 4th title. That would be a disappointment.

We need a good inter-team battle Merc vs Ferrari this year.

#5 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:38

C87_lCkW0AExDlR.jpg

Latest picture from Force India from the circuit.

Is this good or bad for Ferrari?

#6 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:42

C88Ai3iUIAAwNif.jpg

Will Buxton @thebuxtonblog

Chances of a wet race are diminishing. Rain has eased off and even the old concrete is drying up. 3 1/2 hours to race start.

#7 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:46

How stupid is this team?

#8 VolvoT5

VolvoT5

• 3,178 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:08

Once again Ferrari strategists need a good slap around the face.   Kimi was moaning about the tyres since about lap 25, it was clear he couldn't get to the end and keep a reasonable pace.  They could have stopped early and under cut Ricciardo who was never going to get to the end on super softs.... instead they wait until Red Bull pit and then react with Vettel.. WTF?

#9 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,799 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:09

For that kind if strategy to work, you may have to be confident your driver can overtake to make the strategy work.

Maybe they dont in Kimi's case

#10 VolvoT5

VolvoT5

• 3,178 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:11

For that kind if strategy to work, you may have to be confident your driver can overtake to make the strategy work.

Maybe they dont in Kimi's case

No, by pitting before Ricciardo he would have guaranteed an undercut and been on really fresh tyres compared to Sainz.   If they had stopped around lap 30 they might have even got out ahead of Bottas.   

#11 Frank

Frank

• 378 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:19

Strategists need to get their head examined.

#12 BRK

BRK

• 5,197 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:29

Very disappointed by today's race. Mercedes are clearly still ahead on pace. Still think Vettel could have won if it wasn't for the SC. If he'd gotten ahead when it was still mixed conditions, he could've kept Hamilton behind and won. We know how hard it is to overtake with these cars. 

I think that was why Raikkonen was asked to stay out. Overtaking is not as easy as it used to be; pitting for fresh tyres is no longer the optimal strategy, IMO.  

All in all, disappointing race. 

#13 skidmarkz

skidmarkz

• 63 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:44

Ferrari's italian clown show with the strategy never fails to amuse

I can practically hear the circus music in the background

#14 Frank

Frank

• 378 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:45

Can't fault Vet much except his luck during SC.....Rai need to up his game and lastly, the strategist or race engineer for Rai needs to get their acts right. Seems Mercs do not have any tyre wear issue in this cool condition. Next race.

Edited by Frank, 09 April 2017 - 07:45.

#15 josepatches

josepatches

• 1,109 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:46

Bad luck at the start. The safety car ****ed what it could be a good strategy. However if we have the better pace then we should stay out. We dont need to take risk so early. Its was a unnecessary bet and we lost the race

#16 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:48

What a hell!

Stupid strategy:

-second Vettel pit,

-3rd place lost because pitting Kimi too late and letting him hanging around dry despite him asking.

Stupid management: if Kimi has PU problems then let Vettel pass.

Not good on tires: Others could do 20 laps in supersofts we could only do it on softs.

No PU power on straights. Barely we could do a DRS.

We are only lucky that Redbull  has structural problems, and Bottas mistakes, or we would be 4-5th at best.

Edited by AlexS, 09 April 2017 - 07:51.

#17 HermannH

HermannH

• 1,200 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:49

Mercedes are clearly still ahead on pace.

Based on what? I don't think the Mercedes was any faster than Ferrari today.

#18 ckolcz

ckolcz

• 2,734 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:49

Genuine question. Do they have a race strategist?

#19 Massa

Massa

• 10,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:51

They throw away the win and the third place. They are STUPID.

Raikkonen was so slow he couldn't follow the Red Bull as he had understeer while Vettel was easily following.

Räikkönen strategy was terrible, they let him on track just because they want to disturb Hamilton. They give up the third place for a win but they had no chance the gap was too big ! They are stupid

Advertisement

#20 josepatches

josepatches

• 1,109 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:51

Sorry but Kimi lost the 3rd place on track. He was already behind the Bulls before the second pit stop and he was unable to overtake Ricciardo.

#21 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:52

What a hell!

Stupid strategy:
-second Vettel pit,
-3rd place lost because pitting Kimi too late and letting him hanging around dry despite him asking.

Not good on tires: Others could do 20 laps in supersofts we could only do it on softs.

We are only lucky that Redbull - and Bottas mistakes- has problems or we would be 4-5th at best.

Lol. Ferrari had the Merc pace and Seb breezed past the RB's.

Vettel was unlucky with SC and Ferrari not telling the turtle to move over. If both or maube either wouldn't have happened Vettel would have fought for the win.

Edited by Diablobb81, 09 April 2017 - 07:53.

#22 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:52

Based on what? I don't think the Mercedes was any faster than Ferrari today.

I think Mercedes - well Hamilton - it was clearly faster.

#23 Massa

Massa

• 10,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:53

What a hell!

Stupid strategy:
-second Vettel pit,

We are only lucky that Redbull has structural problems, and Bottas mistakes, or we would be 4-5th at best.

Lol

We have no problem with the tyres and PU.

Räikkönen have problem with setup Vettel is fine. He was as fast as Hamilton and had no problem to overtake the Red BUll

#24 Massa

Massa

• 10,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:54

I think Mercedes - well Hamilton - it was clearly faster.

It's false both cars had the same speed.

#25 Hellenic tifosi

Hellenic tifosi

• 6,639 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:55

Vettel's second stop was justified. He had run the majority of the race in dirty air, fighting for position.

#26 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Sorry but Kimi lost the 3rd place on track. He was already behind the Bulls before the second pit stop and he was unable to overtake Ricciardo.

So the race stops at half time? Pitting Kimi earlier woould give him chance to pass Redbulls at end - he was just right there. But seems for Ferrari strategists the car can't do more than 15 laps on super softs when others are on them for 25.

They made Kimi stay on very degraded softs where he couldn't even be faster than an Haas.  What is the sense on that? 4 or 5 more laps on super softs could have mean the difference between a podium or 5th place.

#27 Topsu

Topsu

• 3,019 posts

Absolutely incompetent decisions or lack thereof again. When you spend hundreds of millions into a sporting effort and then seemingly ignore everything when the competition is on, it paints a question if they know what they are doing. Are the guys just incredibly afraid to speak their mind and make decisions or even suggestions? Is there some sort of tyranny in the strategy department that overshadows all creativeness? 

#28 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:56

Vettel's second stop was justified. He had run the majority of the race in dirty air, fighting for position.

Didn't Vettel pitted 3 times?

#29 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:57

It's false both cars had the same speed.

Based on what? I saw Hamilton put fastest laps when his tires were very degraded.

#30 Frank

Frank

• 378 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:58

No, all cars have to pass thru pits when SC came out...guess timing was wrong.

#31 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

I think not.

He pitted under VSC, went through pits for two laps under SC and pitted a second time later on.

Edited by Diablobb81, 09 April 2017 - 07:58.

#32 josepatches

josepatches

• 1,109 posts

They throw away the win and the third place. They are STUPID.

Räikkönen strategy was terrible, they let him on track just because they want to disturb Hamilton. They give up the third place for a win but they had no chance the gap was too big ! They are stupid

I'm not sure if they tried to disturb Hamilton but Kimi was already behind both Bulls. He could fight them but its not like "they had" the 3rd place and they lost it.

I think they tried to give him a short stint at the end to find a way to overtake the Bulls but it was too late.

#33 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,858 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:59

Without the real safety car, we'd have probably won today.

Still, Seb was immense. Kimi was, well, Kimi like.

#34 shonguiz

shonguiz

• 3,714 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:03

Kimi's time is up, bring Perez or Sainz please.

#35 cokata

cokata

• 1,390 posts

Nah. I think it was really close between Vettel and Hamilton, and maybe Hamilton had 0.1 to 0.2 advantage per lap

#36 Frank

Frank

• 378 posts

Based on what? I saw Hamilton put fastest laps when his tires were very degraded.

Might be due to cooler temp and no one really pushes him in the beginning stage and he can sort of nurse his tyres better.

#37 Claudiu

Claudiu

• 1,970 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:04

Yes, a bit unlucky with the SC but we've also been a bit lucky in Melbourne so it evens out in the end.

Very curious to see how will Bahrain go, it's gonna be a dry weekend and we'll finally be able to know where we stand vs Mercedes.

Overall impression is that Mercedes is a tad quicker at the moment.

#38 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,799 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:04

Car was good today. Pretty even with the Merc imo.

Strategy team needs a firing. Thought they had got it sorted after Melbourne but they are the same fools.

They will cost us many points this season, I know that.

#39 Massa

Massa

• 10,112 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:05

I'm not sure if they tried to disturb Hamilton but Kimi was already behind both Bulls. He could fight them but its not like "they had" the 3rd place and they lost it.

I think they tried to give him a short stint at the end to find a way to overtake the Bulls but it was too late.

Kimi was in front of both Red Bull

If they stop him 5 laps before, he could have fight the Red Bull.

And the SS were not good the soft was the better tire but it easy to say after the race

Advertisement

#40 josepatches

josepatches

• 1,109 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:05

So the race stops at half time? Pitting Kimi earlier woould give him chance to pass Redbulls at end - he was just right there. But seems for Ferrari strategists the car can't do more than 15 laps on super softs when others are on them for 25.

They made Kimi stay on very degraded softs where he couldn't even be faster than an Haas. What is the sense on that? 4 or 5 more laps on super softs could have mean the difference between a podium or 5th place.

Race dont stop at halftime but Kimi was behind the Bulls and they tried something different. It didnt work. It was a shame but kimi never had the 3rd place on his pocket.

However if we want to blame the strategy we could blame kimi too. Both Bulls overtake him on track. It was 50/50

Seb lost the places because of his strategy. Kimi lost the places on track.

#41 cokata

cokata

• 1,390 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:06

Car was good today. Pretty even with the Merc imo.

Strategy team needs a firing. Thought they had got it sorted after Melbourne but they are the same fools.

They will cost us many points this season, I know that.

The strategy was ok. A lot of people went for new tires during the vsc, not only Vettel. If Giovinazzi didn't crash i think vettel would have had the race.

#42 Music Lover

Music Lover

• 1,120 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:06

Once again Ferrari strategists need a good slap around the face.   Kimi was moaning about the tyres since about lap 25, it was clear he couldn't get to the end and keep a reasonable pace.  They could have stopped early and under cut Ricciardo who was never going to get to the end on super softs.... instead they wait until Red Bull pit and then react with Vettel.. WTF?

EXTREMELY STUPID of the strategists  :down:  :down:

All drivers with new tires was SOOOOO fast, why did they wait? Without pittting Kimi, he would be a sitting duck and overtaken by a bunch of cars.

They lost third today!!!!   :mad:

#43 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,799 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:07

The strategy was ok. A lot of people went for new tires during the vsc, not only Vettel. If Giovinazzi didn't crash i think vettel would have had the race.

That was fine, bad luck. I'm talking about the Kimi fiasco of which I am sure we will hear more of.

#44 GuilhermeMach

GuilhermeMach

• 291 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:08

What a hell!

Stupid strategy:

-second Vettel pit,

We are only lucky that Redbull  has structural problems, and Bottas mistakes, or we would be 4-5th at best.

I'd recommend taking a nap and putting your thoughts back in order before posting. Not a single thing you said was true.

Vettel's strategy wasn't stupid. At a stretch you could call it a gamble, but he lost badly because of the safety car. If it hadn't happened so soon, he'd have inherited the lead in only a few more laps.

There is no evidence for Kimi's PU troubles other than his whining, so I'm not really convinced. Also, about PU power, did you notice how DRS wasn't very strong there unless there was a huge tyre difference? Since tyres were never much of a factor in Ferrari's fights today, it's no wonder they didn't make any DRS passes.

We had no tyre problems whatsoever. Did you even watch the race? We were significantly faster than Red Bull on harder compounds. Vettel pulled away with extreme easy from Verstappen in the second stint, again using harder tyres.

About Kimi's strategy, I'm sorry, but he made his bed and had to lay in it. At no point during the race he overtook anyone and was complaining about tyre wear for ages. For him to make any sort of undercut work he'd have to pass Bottas on track, and you'd be deluding yourself if you think that would be possible given his performance today. The moment the RBs stopped, his only hope of hanging on to that third place would be doing a one-stopper. Kimi lost that podium because he couldn't overtake anyone. Simple as that.

About you last sentence: just lol. Did you see how far Vettel finished from Verstappen? We are faster than Red Bull, plain and simple. No two ways about it.

#45 Music Lover

Music Lover

• 1,120 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:08

Agree!!  :mad:

Vettel lost the change to fight for the win. :down:  :down:  :down:

#46 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:10

I'd recommend taking a nap and putting your thoughts back in order before posting. Not a single thing you said was true.

Vettel's strategy wasn't stupid. At a stretch you could call it a gamble, but he lost badly because of the safety car. If it hadn't happened so soon, he'd have inherited the lead in only a few more laps.

There is no evidence for Kimi's PU troubles other than his whining, so I'm not really convinced. Also, about PU power, did you notice how DRS wasn't very strong there unless there was a huge tyre difference? Since tyres were never much of a factor in Ferrari's fights today, it's no wonder they didn't make any DRS passes.

We had no tyre problems whatsoever. Did you even watch the race? We were significantly faster than Red Bull on harder compounds. Vettel pulled away with extreme easy from Verstappen in the second stint, again using harder tyres.

About Kimi's strategy, I'm sorry, but he made his bed and had to lay in it. At no point during the race he overtook anyone and was complaining about tyre wear for ages. For him to make any sort of undercut work he'd have to pass Bottas on track, and you'd be deluding yourself if you think that would be possible given his performance today. The moment the RBs stopped, his only hope of hanging on to that third place would be doing a one-stopper. Kimi lost that podium because he couldn't overtake anyone. Simple as that.

About you last sentence: just lol. Did you see how far Vettel finished from Verstappen? We are faster than Red Bull, plain and simple. No two ways about it.

Seems you can't even read what i wrote.

#47 Claudiu

Claudiu

• 1,970 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:12

Kimi didn't had PU problems, he's just not yet comfortable with the setup.

Also I think Ferrari should have used team orders and bring Vettel in front earlier.

Vettel lost so much time behind Kimi that it ruined his race completely.

#48 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:12

Agree!!  :mad:

Vettel lost the change to fight for the win. :down:  :down:  :down:

We had no chance to fight for win unless Vettel could be in front of Hamilton and somewhat maintain him behind. Even then i doubt.

#49 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,339 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:13

Kimi didn't had PU problems, he's just not yet comfortable with the setup.

Also I think Ferrari should have used team orders and bring Vettel in front earlier.

Vettel lost so much time behind Kimi that it ruined his race completely.

He said he had power cuts. And like i said before that is reason to put Vettel in front of him.

#50 Claudiu

Claudiu

• 1,970 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:13

Kimi was visibly slower then Vettel and he was unable to overtake so keeping him (Vettel) so many laps behind Kimi was a mistake!