Photo

Three Sisters closes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ERIC63

ERIC63

• 589 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:05

Three Sisters was closed down last week.Apparently the leaseholders who operate the circuit have gone into liquidation.The circuit owners are trying to find someone to take over the operation,but at the moment the track is closed until further notice.

Advertisement

#2 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:00

that's really sad news Eric, I have fond memories of that place, and actually took a nostalgic trip back there a couple of years ago for the first time in 30 years.

Back in the 1980's It always struck me as a real community hub, with the whole town turning out for race meetings and that banking opposite the start/finish buzzing with people, I loved the frantic close racing, and the fact that you could ride on the ragged edge, whilst generally you weren't going fast enough to seriously hurt yourself, racing there was always really enjoyable.

I hope someone is able to turn the current situation around and get the place open again.

#3 ERIC63

ERIC63

• 589 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 19:05

I was there a week last Sunday for the Preston Club meeting and there was no hint that there was any problem.I don't think the club had any idea about the situation.The future of the circuit seems to be dependent on someone taking over the day to day running of the place.It's a pity because spectator wise,there can still be quite a good turnout especially if the weather's O.K.Also,the last meeting probably had the fullest grids for a while.The novice race alone had 20 entries.

#4 Rob Lees

Rob Lees

• 103 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 20:36

I believe it's only the Racing School that has gone into liquidation, not the leaseholders (Motor Circuit Management). Wigan & DMC are running a car rally there on Sunday and it's all set to go ahead as scheduled.

Edited by Rob Lees, 11 May 2017 - 20:36.

#5 ERIC63

ERIC63

• 589 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 21:44

www.three-sisters.co.uk

I've read  that a drift event and the Wigan & DMC car rally scheduled for this month will still go ahead but nobody knows what's happening beyond that.

Edited by ERIC63, 11 May 2017 - 21:56.

#6 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:44

Statement on the web site:

http://www.three-sisters.co.uk/

Updates via FB (which I thought was the magazine Fast Bikes) :down: