- - - - -

Monza 2017

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 mangeliiito

mangeliiito

• 1,039 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:43

Favorit i repris as we say. Loved it in Italy, so this year it was between Italy again or Malaysia, and we are doing something else the Malaysia weekend so.

This year we going to extend the stay and go a visit the Ferrari museum as well. Would be awesome to meet some of you there, anyone with plans on going yet?

Advertisement

#2 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,040 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 20:47

I come to Monza.

I will be in Variante Della Roggia.

I will arrive on Milan on thirsday midday.

I will check in my Hotel and then go to the track for the pit walk after a yummy Pizza Spontini

gallery-1467808205-spontini-pizza-02.jpg

Do we know if we can buy in advance train tickets from Milano centrale to Biasono Lesmo for race day?

Thanks

#3 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 23:44

Yes, I'm going to Italy again (my 4th year) I keep thinking I will try other races but seem to always end up at Monza anyway :p just love it :clap:

There are usually special train tickets from Milan to Monza for the grand prix - I think you can buy them from the ticket offices and maybe the machines. I always buy all my tickets the 1st day there before there are any queues.

#4 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,040 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 22:17

I changed my plan for the hotel , i opted for San Sesto Giovanni.

I will take the tube than the bus straight to the track.

It has easy access to the center to Milano center for good restaurant.

Edited by Viryfan, 29 July 2017 - 22:19.

#5 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 13:48

The security policy looks a bit strict this year, specifically the bit about cans and plastic bottles with caps.

https://www.monzanet...aq-gp/security/

I can't recall what it has said for previous years, can anyone else? But certainly they have never stopped people walking in with cans and plastic bottles before.

I attended the Valencia Street Circuit race a few times and they did enforce a no cans or lids on bottles policy. Ridiculous as all you did was either hide the bottle cap before you got to the gate. Or brought two caps with you, let one get confiscated and attach the other one once you were inside.

On the Italian version of ww.monza.net there's a link to a PDF which I've run through google translate. I've copied it in below. I think it will be worth testing the water on the first day to see how strict they are, don't take anything that might fall foul of the rules.

Local government sector and OSS Service S. UA.P. Police and Administrative

MUNICIPALITY n. 297 de 08.04.2017 MONZA

ORDER

Subject: Safeguarding the heritage trees, ban on the sale and supply of liquor and ban on the sale and supply of takeaway drinks in glass and metal in the days August 31, 2017 and September 1-2-3 2017, on the occasion of the Italian Grand Prix Formula 1.

MAYOR

Considering that in the days 1-2-3 in September 2017 in the Monza National Park located in the Royal city will take place the Grand Prix of Italy Formula 1.

Considering:

- the major number of visitors expected during this event; I The need to adopt measures that discourage the generalized ground abandonment phenomenon of containers of alcoholic and non, in particular glass or cans, in contrast to the urban hygiene standards and because of danger to the safety of persons, and the lack of regard for the places where the event takes place.

Detect reasons of public order and security, as well as the public interest, to enact measures aimed to cover any acts of disruption and vandalism and to protect the safety and collective security.

RECOGNIZING therefore the need to take action:

I For the protection of the heritage trees of the park and the gardens of Villa

Reale in Monza; Of The ban on the sale and administration of Spirits in the Park and the gardens

of Villa Reale in Monza; Of The ban on sales / administration takeaway drinks in glasscontainers

and metalin the Park and the gardens of Villa Reale in Monza.

or Art. 54 of Legislative Decree 18 August 2000, n. 267;

or Art. 70 of the Regional Law 2 February 2010, n. 6;

or Consolidated Laws of Public Security and Its

Implementing Regulation;

Or municipal statute;

Office Services and Industry Piazza Trento e Trieste | 20900 Monza | Tel. 039.2374304 / 039.2372395 Fax Email OSS 313 (a) comune.monza.mi.it Municipal Office: Piazza Trento e Trieste | 20900 Monza | Tel. +39.039.2372.1 | Fax Email +39.039.2372.558 protocollo6comune.monza.lit | Certified Mail protocollocert6comunedimonza.legalmail.it Tax Code 02030880153 | Partita IVA 00728830969

COMMON

MONZA

or Article. 7-bis of Legislative Decree 18 August 2000, n. 267, which provides sanctions for violations of municipal regulations and ordinances adopted by the Mayor;

O The current regulation of the Park and Gardens of Villa Reale;

O The municipal regulation of urban Police;

RICHAMA

IN RESPECT administration ban, sales and consumption of spirits (Greater than 21 °) in the Park and the Reggia di Monza as art. 70 of the Regional Law 2 February 2010, n. 6. Violating the aforementioned article will be punished with an administrative sanction under Article. 17a c. 3 of RD 773/1931.

ORDER

For the reasons stated in the introduction, in the days from August 31st to September 3rd, 2017, on the occasion of the Italian Grand Prix Formula 1 to be held in the National Autodromo di Monza Royal Square in the City Park, the following:

1. ABSOLUTE PROHIBITION of sale of drinks in general, contained in  containers

glassor in containers made of metallic material, as well as plastic with the stopper; 2. ABSOLUTE PROHIBITION attending to the people present and the area of the event object (racetrack, Park and Palace of Monza), to introduce, make use and consume on the spot every kind of beverage contained in glass containers or in containers made of metallic material or in plastic bottles except for plastic bottles without cap; 3. ABSOLUTE PROHIBITION introduce any material that could cause damage to the arboreal heritage, to the soil and subsoil in the area of the event; 4. ABSOLUTE PROHIBITION of any employment and / or sale or delivery on all roads of exodus of the public in the Park and Autodrome, with particular reference all'entrate Gate MonzaPorta Vedano and the avenue Mirabello and Viale Vedano including the intersection Vedano / Mirabello, with the exception of the authorizations included in the track and those within the park subject to verification and approval of the Administration's Villa Reale Consortium;

ORDER ALSO

ABSOLUTE PROHIBITION, in the period from August 31 to September 3, 2017, the administration of food and takeaway drinks, contained in glass containers or in metal containers and plastic with the

Services Office and Industry Piazza Trento e Trieste | 20900 Monza | Tel. 039.2374304 / 313 Fax 039.2372395 Email suapQcomune.monza.mi.it Municipal Office: Piazza Trento e Trieste | 20900 Monza | Tel. +39.039.2372.1 | Fax Email +39.039.2372.558 protocollo6comune.monza.lit | Certified mail protocollocert6comunedimonza.legalmail.it Tax Code 02030880153 || Partita IVA 00728830969

COMMON,

MONZA

cap  by activities operating in areas located within a 500 m range. Outside the Park of Monza;

It HAS

The sending of this order, already shared priority, to Mr Prefect of the Province of Monza and Brianza to right knowledge and the purpose of preparing the instruments deemed necessary to your implementation.

Sending the same to all the forces in the municipal area within their respective competence, as well as the police organs that are responsible for implementing this measure.

The publication of this order on the bulletin Praetorian Ente Computer.

RENDENOTO

Violations of the provisions of this Act, unless otherwise sanctioned, shall be punished with fine from € 250.00 to € 500.00, according to art. 7-bis of the Legislative Decree. N. 267/2000.

The Competition Manager is the manager pro tempore ing. Carlo Nicola CaSati.

The investigation Manager is the Head of Suap Service and Administrative Police: Dr. Rosaria Volpe Contact Services: 039.2374301 - rvolpeGcomune. monza.it

against this provision is subject to appeal to the Regional Administrative Court of Lombardy within sixty (60) days of publication (12.06.1971 Law no. 1034) or, in the alternative, hierarchical recourse to Mr Prefect within 30 (thirty ) days from publication.

Monza, the date of the General Protocol.

THE SINPACO / Dari Kvi

W. W /

computer document signed with digi signature pursuant to Art. 24 of Legislative Decree.

N. 82/2005 and subsequent amendments iii ..

Office Services and Industry Piazza Trento e Trieste | 20900 Monza | Tel. 039.2374304 / 313 | Fax 039.237239 Email OSS (a) comune.monza.mi.it Municipal Office: Piazza Trento e Trieste | 20900 Monza | Tel. +39.039.2372.1 | Fax Email +39.039.2372.558 protocollo6comune.monza.lit | Certified Mail protocollocert6Comunedimonza.legalmail.it Tax Code 02030880153 || Partita IVA 00728830969

#6 ericok

ericok

• 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 13:39

Yes, I'm going to Italy again (my 4th year) I keep thinking I will try other races but seem to always end up at Monza anyway :p just love it :clap:

There are usually special train tickets from Milan to Monza for the grand prix - I think you can buy them from the ticket offices and maybe the machines. I always buy all my tickets the 1st day there before there are any queues.

The year I went, the train ticket was free.

Here's a summary of my Spa and Monza experiences:

http://myphotoformul...d-spa-when.html

#7 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 19:17

hello! my fiancée and I are going to monza this year, for saturday-sunday. can we buy general admission tickets on the spot or we have to do this before that? is it maybe cheaper to buy it sooner? also, is there an e-ticket or there are only regular tickets for this event? 

#8 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,040 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 20:47

hello! my fiancée and I are going to monza this year, for saturday-sunday. can we buy general admission tickets on the spot or we have to do this before that? is it maybe cheaper to buy it sooner? also, is there an e-ticket or there are only regular tickets for this event? 

I guess you can buy those on the spot however you will have to get to the track early as Tifosi arrive in mass on saturday and they know already the good spots.

Having said that i am not sure that the ticketing company will be able to ship in time tickets , so you might have to pick them up on the spot anyway.

#9 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 21:27

The official Monza website do e-tickets. https://tickets.monz.../4661-monza/en/ I think the cheaper early-bird tickets are already off sale so I expect the price will be the same if you buy them from the website now, or on the day.

#10 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 21:34

The year I went, the train ticket was free.

Here's a summary of my Spa and Monza experiences:

http://myphotoformul...d-spa-when.html

I think there was a free Sunday train from Milan to the station at the Lesmo turns. I don't stay in Milan so don't have that option :p
There are special rates for the GP weekend though (looks like the Sunday train now costs E5?)
https://twitter.com/...330202387574785
DHsQDR4XsAEWeOk.png

Nice summary by the way - I am attempting Spa via the trains and buses so it doesn't fill me with much confidence, I am going to get stuck somewhere at some point :eek: .

Edited by Exb, 21 August 2017 - 21:43.

#11 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 20:44

thank you both! just purchased my ticket. 

any ideas for some nice GA places to go to? we'll do FP3-Q-R, maybe I will be able to go watch FP1-2 as well. we plan to move along the track while we're there, maybe stop for the race if we find a spot.

#12 KjetilS

KjetilS

• 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:59

I usually start FP1 at Ascari on grandstand 12. I sit there for a while, and walk towards Lesmo 2 The cars are real close to you there. In FP2 I might og to first chicane (6b-c) or second chicane (9).

I have been to Parabolica and start/finish straight, but I don't find these grandstands very interesting. I might change my mind this year, as the weather forecast is rain.

Saturday and Sunday, I have grandstand tickets.

#13 mangeliiito

mangeliiito

• 1,039 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 20:43

Looking forward to the massive rain. Or not...

#14 mangeliiito

mangeliiito

• 1,039 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:07

Note to everyone going by local bus. You must buy a ticket this year. Buy it inside the train station, it's cheaper!
Atleast on the way to the track.

#15 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:11

If we leave the track right after quali, can we make it back to the dome by 6pm? I'd love to climb it but it closes at 7.

#16 mangeliiito

mangeliiito

• 1,039 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:52

If we leave the track right after quali, can we make it back to the dome by 6pm? I'd love to climb it but it closes at 7.

Will be tight I think. Much more traffic this year. The bus here took 10 minutes more than last year, and we jumped off 5 stops earlier. You'll have walk fast to get on a early bus :)

#17 Zava

Zava

• 7,116 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 16:48

Will be tight I think. Much more traffic this year. The bus here took 10 minutes more than last year, and we jumped off 5 stops earlier. You'll have walk fast to get on a early bus :)

Probably not a bad idea to stay close to the bus station during q then. At which part of the track is it?
Also, have you encountered any problems while trying to get plastic bottled water in with you?

#18 mangeliiito

mangeliiito

• 1,039 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 19:24

Probably not a bad idea to stay close to the bus station during q then. At which part of the track is it?
Also, have you encountered any problems while trying to get plastic bottled water in with you?

Check google maps, it is a few around the gates :)
Yep, but just take the bottles out and hide the caps. They hand out bottles with caps inside, it's so silly. It took forever to get inside, 40 minutes of queing for the security check and ticket control..

#19 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,040 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 20:29

it was just so so good experience.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :up:  :up:  :up:  :drunk: