Photo

Memory Lane? Classic Racing Anyone

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BMWTeamBigazzi

BMWTeamBigazzi

• 226 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:48

Well this little snipet on autosport.com caught my eye this evening...........http://www.autosport...m-classic-visit

1. I never knew a classic DTM even existed until now!!

2. I think it's fabulous that Autosport are finally starting to see a little into the classic scene mainstream!!

3. Hats off to the people that make the classic DTM Work!!!! Yes the UK has the Historic Super Touring Cars, Poorly recogonised!! I might add!! And Hats off to not only to our own John Cleland and Touring Car Legend Gabriele Tarquini  for making it .....but....... to every single person, tyre, wheel, nut and bolt that makes these series work!! whether is sportscars, touring cars etc.....

Classic racing has been making a comeback like never before, we live in a day of remembering the good old days, The M3, 635csi, CSL, Silk Cut Jags of old, Spice C2s, Lotus Cortinas, Alfa 155V6-TI, Vauxahall Cavaliers, Mercedes C-Klasse  DTM, The 190E  or C9 , Porches of all ages 935,962,956, Steve McQueen!! even 911 GT2 etc etc!! Who cares??? I could go on and on!!! I am one at least am loving the the..... Renaissance!!! A few Classic Drivers too!! racing their racing period Machines?? whats not like?? But the Big Top Hats off.... goes to every single person, company etc, keeping and racing these wonderful machine's on track for our very own pleasure...... and to say "back in the day"....."that was racing!! you'll never see the like of that again!!.

So Well done Autosport, but lets see some more Classics covered, why not a Classic Autosport Section??? Just a Thought???