- - - - -

The Official F1® App [merged threads]

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#251 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,749 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:19

Yeah, well, the thing is just as the picture, it is behind on time so it is way out of synch with the broadcast on tv.... makes it kinda impossible to follow stints, sectors etc of mutiple drivers as I really like to dig in. 

That’s indeed really annoying, you also can’t pause it like the live timing on the F1 app to synchronise. Moreover, F1TVpro only worked for 5 minutes, than I only got the F1 logo.

Advertisement

#252 Francesc

Francesc

• 3,346 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:21

Mobile/Tablet

Open App
"Racing" tab
Click "Australia 2019" header
Scroll down to session
"See Highlights and Analysis"
"Replay Live Timing"

I see. Thanks for the help mate!

#253 Showty

Showty

• 1,634 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:24

You can click on the top of the lap column to change from fastest lap to actual laptime and vice versa.

I did, several times.

It didn't work on my android device.

#254 TheGoldenStoffel

TheGoldenStoffel

• 487 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:27

The previous app was great why did they think they had to screw it up, again?! I can get so angry about this  :mad:

EDIT: Just sent them quite an angry email with a few not so appropriate words in it, not my proudest moment but I'm so fed up with them...

Edited by TheGoldenStoffel, 15 March 2019 - 10:50.

#255 Francesc

Francesc

• 3,346 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 19:24

Indeed, the new live timing is awful. Horrible. You can't see on what tyres they're running and the sector times at the same tab.

It was so much better 10 years ago with the flash timing. Simpler and more informative. :cry: 

#256 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,749 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 19:27

Indeed, the new live timing is awful. Horrible. You can't see on what tyres they're running and the sector times at the same tab.

I don’t like it either, but on an iPad you can see laptimes, sector times and tyres on one screen.

#257 monolulu

monolulu

• 1,058 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 19:50

I don’t like it either, but on an iPad you can see laptimes, sector times and tyres on one screen.

Just needs the old driver tracker on that screen too.

#258 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 20,130 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 20:49

But that particular screen is so so cluttered and messy. It's impossible to understand at-a-glance because there's so much going on. The old version was perfect.

There's nothing redeeming about this new version.

Seriously, look at this and tell me it's informative. It's like throwing sh** at a wall.

21-D135-BD-5-CA6-4-FDF-8432-CFF062576-C7

One thing the new app definitely doesn't do is include the amount of time a driver has spent on any one tyre set. It only notes "current stint".

So if Hamilton spent 10 laps on a set of tyres, and then used them again at the start of a long run, the app would say 1 rather than 11. Again, the old app did not do this.

Edited by TomNokoe, 15 March 2019 - 20:51.

#259 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,749 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 20:55

I said I didn’t like it, it does show tyre info though.

Advertisement

#260 TheGoldenStoffel

TheGoldenStoffel

• 487 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:56

But that particular screen is so so cluttered and messy. It's impossible to understand at-a-glance because there's so much going on. The old version was perfect.

Seriously, look at this and tell me it's informative. It's like throwing sh** at a wall.

21-D135-BD-5-CA6-4-FDF-8432-CFF062576-C7

One thing the new app definitely doesn't do is include the amount of time a driver has spent on any one tyre set. It only notes "current stint".

So if Hamilton spent 10 laps on a set of tyres, and then used them again at the start of a long run, the app would say 1 rather than 11. Again, the old app did not do this.

It's clearly made by people who have never watched or aren't interested in Formula 1 or racing in general at all.  :down:

#261 nookie

nookie

• 1,046 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:21

is it paid or free and can you post a screenshot?

Edited by nookie, 16 March 2019 - 03:22.

#262 nookie

nookie

• 1,046 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:29

It's clearly made by people who have never watched or aren't interested in Formula 1 or racing in general at all.  :down:

but... this isn't just not informative, it doesn't even show the lap times!? is this the free version or paid version? can you get lap times at all?!?

#263 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 20,130 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:42

but... this isn't just not informative, it doesn't even show the lap times!? is this the free version or paid version? can you get lap times at all?!?

Paid!

If you tap the column for "best lap" it changes to "current lap", but you shouldn't need to!

#264 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 1,436 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:21

So much flashing and blinking...

#265 RobG

RobG

• 866 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:24

It's a *#*#ing christmas tree, terrible.

#266 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 5,866 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:25

I just bought access monthly but for the life of me can't see live timing anywhere. Is it in the f1tv app or the f1 app? When I try through the f1 app it asks me to subscribe even though I have already paid. Weird. Dissapointing.

Edited by goldenboy, 17 March 2019 - 05:25.

#267 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,403 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:27

I hats this app with a vengeance!

As others said, it's a bloody Christmas tree, WHY?! I guess because some idiot programmer thought it was a cool gimmick? It boggles the mind, do they even consider people want to actually follow this for the duration of a race and rather not get epileptic attacks?

....... Bloody incompetent idiots......

#268 loki0420

loki0420

• 933 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 05:32

It really is horrible.

#269 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 20,130 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:12

I've turned it off :up:

#270 MJB5990

MJB5990

• 841 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 07:17

It's better than Singapore 2018 but yeah, too much blinking and I kept having to switch to the track map.

#271 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 20,130 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:09

https://streamable.com/cwfg7 - for those wondering

#272 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 1,436 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 16:14

I still think that the new timing app does nothing better than the old one did. Now we complain, give feedback, hopefully they will listen... and then we pretty much end up with the same app we already had. Why are they trying to reinvent the wheel? What are they trying to achieve? For me live timing is a big part of watching races, but right now I’m seriously considering about canceling my subscription. As a paying customer it infuriates me that they trashed a perfectly good product that I was willing to pay for, and replaced it with something inferior. Idiots.

#273 monolulu

monolulu

• 1,058 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 16:40

Have just sent a tweet to @f1help to complain & request return of old version. It worked last year when enough people complained!

#274 F1 Mike

F1 Mike

• 653 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 18:53

They'll probably stick to their guns now they seem to think they know best

#275 Flasheart

Flasheart

• 171 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:25

With a combination of my tweets, and emails, I think they will get the picture that I think they should roll back the timing app, haha. I’m not exactly sure how much they appreciate their developers being called hipsters, but I’m guessing they’ve been called worse over the past week...🙄

#276 TheGoldenStoffel

TheGoldenStoffel

• 487 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:46

So they haven't bothered to even try and improve that turd of a timing app one single bit between Australia and now, it's still an utter piece of crap!  :mad:

#277 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 1,436 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 16:48

I can’t find the speed trap figures. Are they even available?

Edited by Wingcommander, 29 March 2019 - 16:48.

#278 monolulu

monolulu

• 1,058 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 17:08

I can’t find the speed trap figures. Are they even available?

On the iPad app they’re on the second screen

#279 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 1,436 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 13:07

On the iPad app they’re on the second screen

Those are speeds at the sector line. I'm talking about the speed trap itself.

Advertisement

#280 TheFlyingFinn

TheFlyingFinn

• 164 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 21:24

I can't even get the Replay Live Timing to work at all. When I click it, it starts to load, goes to a black screen for a second and then just takes me back to previous screen again. Using Nox emulator on Windows. Has worked fine last couple of years... Thanks Liberty for taking my money.

#281 F1 Mike

F1 Mike

• 653 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 22:42

Everything to do with their digital offerings is an absolute shambles

#282 SamH123

SamH123

• 2,364 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 22:44

Is the app commentary about 20 seconds behind the action for anyone apart from me?

I tweeted f1 help channel on Twitter a couple of times but got no reply

#283 Flasheart

Flasheart

• 171 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 00:38

They are treating fans like idiots. I emailed support 1 month before Australia, and heard back 2 days before the race. Then they emailed again that same day to say that my ticket was being closed due to it being addressed. They were shutting me down. Apart from that, they lied to me anyway. I asked what format the live timing would be as my subscription depended on it. I was told it was last years that everyone liked. Idiots.

#284 TheFlyingFinn

TheFlyingFinn

• 164 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 13:58

I can't even get the Replay Live Timing to work at all. When I click it, it starts to load, goes to a black screen for a second and then just takes me back to previous screen again. Using Nox emulator on Windows. Has worked fine last couple of years... Thanks Liberty for taking my money.

If anyone else has this.. I tried another emulator and it works. BlueStacks 4. Nice to be able to use the app on a laptop. Doesn't fix the issues with bad layout, but hey. At least they seem to be taking the feedback on Twitter, even got a reply from them.. Let's hope they make it better for next race.

#285 chrcol

chrcol

• 1,895 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 16:10

Can anyone figure this out?

In google play store I have active F1 subscription.

In app, it tells me I need to subscribe to get live timing.

What gives?

Is the app now that broken it isnt able to detect when people have paid?

#286 F1 Mike

F1 Mike

• 653 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 16:19

Try uninstalling and clearing all traces of the app from your phone (reboot if necessary?) clear cache etc. Then a reinstall & login?
That's all you can really do I think?

#287 hamilton10000

hamilton10000

• 233 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 18:41

I don't think the new app is bad as some people, but it's definitely worse than before.
Very annoying that the driver tracker doesn't actually show driver names, and you have to switch windows from the timing screen to see it.

Little glitch I've noticed is that at the beginning of Q1 cars sector times aren't picked up till they complete there first flying lap.

Other main annoyance is it doesn't load until the session actually starts, I always used to like having it ready a few minutes before each session

#288 femi

femi

• 7,370 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 19:09

I just bought access monthly but for the life of me can't see live timing anywhere. Is it in the f1tv app or the f1 app? When I try through the f1 app it asks me to subscribe even though I have already paid. Weird. Dissapointing.

You need to point your internet browser to F1.com to access live timing. But live timing replay sucks. The audio and the display are laps apart sometimes!

#289 Borat

Borat

• 215 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:06

Tried watching a reply of the race last night and after avoiding news all day I open the app and right up RACE RESULTS ..  come on!! 

it's such a bad app, really slow and laggy and the UX is shocking, it might be ok for a tablet but not a phone screen, I joke not in landscape 1/3 of the screen is title headers.

so the new app is Slow, shocking UI shows Less information than the old app and spoils the race results as soon as you open the app.

PLZ PLZ PLZ just give us the old app back, there was nothing wrong with it, it worked perfectly!@!

edit: WORST and most expensive app I have ever bought!

Edited by Borat, 02 April 2019 - 02:07.

#290 SpeedRacer`

SpeedRacer`

• 1,222 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:22

Tried watching a reply of the race last night and after avoiding news all day I open the app and right up RACE RESULTS ..  come on!! 

it's such a bad app, really slow and laggy and the UX is shocking, it might be ok for a tablet but not a phone screen, I joke not in landscape 1/3 of the screen is title headers.

so the new app is Slow, shocking UI shows Less information than the old app and spoils the race results as soon as you open the app.

PLZ PLZ PLZ just give us the old app back, there was nothing wrong with it, it worked perfectly!@!

edit: WORST and most expensive app I have ever bought!

I've gone back to the low tech way of avoiding spoilers I used to use a few years ago with the old app.

When opening the app cover everything with a bit of cardboard/paper except the bottom bar and select "Racing".

Then cover just the right hand side of the screen only and select the race (e.g. Bahrain) and you're safe! Phew!

I greatly miss the old app. I wonder how many years it will take them to reinvent the wheel and give us back what we had before.

#291 F1 Mike

F1 Mike

• 653 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:44

I watched the race delayed and I'm glad I decided to avoid the app for timing replay. I had a feeling there would be spoilers.
Absolute incompetence once more with their digital media

#292 Borat

Borat

• 215 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:06

I've gone back to the low tech way of avoiding spoilers I used to use a few years ago with the old app.

When opening the app cover everything with a bit of cardboard/paper except the bottom bar and select "Racing".

Then cover just the right hand side of the screen only and select the race (e.g. Bahrain) and you're safe! Phew!

I greatly miss the old app. I wonder how many years it will take them to reinvent the wheel and give us back what we had before.

Cheers for this, Will use it for sure! 

#293 loki0420

loki0420

• 933 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:12

Guys, can anyone make something clear before i approach the officials.

I thought there is just one subscription for both live timing and TV access? Or they separate? I bought the version to get timing and was charged twice. I initially thought it's just a mistake? but now realize its for F1 App and TV access separately though i didn't pursued to buy TV.

Do anyone had something similar?

#294 loki0420

loki0420

• 933 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:51

Ok, i figured it out so i can conclude - its getting worse. I’m not sure who were they listened to to get me to the point where i admire the one we used to get for free.

#295 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 5,866 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:49

Man this live timing is a piece of junk!!! It's not even worth looking at. It's making me think I'm doing something wrong.. is everyone accessing live timing through the f1 app and not the f1tv app? But to access it on the f1 app I had to buy a sub to f1tv app? Jesus Christ how annoying.

Number 1 rule of design - don't make me think!

#296 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 10,550 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:44

Guys, can anyone make something clear before i approach the officials.

I thought there is just one subscription for both live timing and TV access? Or they separate? I bought the version to get timing and was charged twice. I initially thought it's just a mistake? but now realize its for F1 App and TV access separately though i didn't pursued to buy TV.

Do anyone had something similar?

I was charged twice as well. This is the response I got from F1 Support when I asked them why I was charged twice:

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting F1.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, we checked your account and indeed there are two subscriptions, a Pro and an Access one. Since F1 Tv Pro include all the features that Access have, you don't need to have both. Unfortunately for the Access subscription you have been charged by Google Play and you have to ask them for a refund. 

If you'll need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us again.

From the pit,

Mihai from F1 Team.

I'm not really happy with the response. I feel that they should've figured out that I already had an F1 Access subscription when I ordered F1 TV Pro.

Edited by Timstr11, 13 April 2019 - 08:45.

#297 F1 Mike

F1 Mike

• 653 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:16

Anyone else unable to access the full live timing in the app??

#298 loki0420

loki0420

• 933 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:28

I was charged twice as well. This is the response I got from F1 Support when I asked them why I was charged twice:

I'm not really happy with the response. I feel that they should've figured out that I already had an F1 Access subscription when I ordered F1 TV Pro.

Yeah, i got some answers as well. So my card expired and i add another one to my payment method and clicked to buy. There i was charged first and some time later they charged me one more time as i didn't cancel automatic renewal. So they too told me to contact apple to resolve my inconvenience which i did but anyway its very amateurish from F1 side. How can it be possible to purchase the same sub twice. 

#299 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 668 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 19:18

Update to the timing app.... looks decent.

Advertisement

#300 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,403 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 00:29

Update to the timing app.... looks decent.

I don't even..... know how to preview the app anymore, not sure even if I care, disappointed too much, too often