- - - - -

New Entry for Team Finland in ROC?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PilotPlant91

PilotPlant91

• 2,286 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 17:14

Q: (Péter Vámosi – Vas Népe) Question to both Finnish drivers. Are you interested in a day competing in the Race of Champions as Team Finland? Mostly the question is for Kimi as you had opportunities with testing Peugeot at World Endurance Racing, NASCAR, whatever, so you have really tried out many cars. And Valtteri, what are you interested in more; to compete in Race of Champions or Stars and Cars?

KR: I’ve been asked to be there many times but I always said that once they go back to how it started with rally cars and then the proper circuit with the two lines, with the gravel and asphalt, I’ll be in – but before that, forget it. It’s not… it’s a show, that’s it.

VB: Yeah, I’d be up for it, I like to drive anything with an engine and at least two wheels, so I’m up for it. I don’t really know much about those competitions, I’ve never really looked into it but I’ve always liked driving so…

SV: …but you need a team-mate and you’ve just lost him…

VB: Better change the competition then…

https://sebvettelnew...nce-transcript/

Advertisement

#2 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 17:17

There are LOADS of other great Finnish drivers out there that could compete alongside Valtteri.

#3 taz

taz

• 554 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 18:02

Well, there's a young rally driver that just won his first WRC rally today in only his fourth participation in a WRC car :p

Bottas & Lappi should make a good Team Finland :)

#4 BRG

BRG

• 25,903 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 19:24

KR: I’ve been asked to be there many times but I always said that once they go back to how it started with rally cars and then the proper circuit with the two lines, with the gravel and asphalt, I’ll be in – but before that, forget it. It’s not… it’s a show, that’s it.

I've never been Kimi's greatest fan, but sometimes he does get it absolutely right.