- - - - -

F1 - winning with different teams

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hati

Hati

• 6,962 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 20:56

Kimi and Alonso have won F1 races with three different teams, McLaren, Ferrari and "Team Enstone", Vettel have won with Toro Rosso, Red Bull And Ferrari. How many drivers there have been that have won races with three or more different teams? Senna and Schumacher won with two teams but with three different engine manufacturers, what is number of most different engines that an F1 driver has victories for?

Advertisement

#2 realracer200

realracer200

• 1,762 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 21:01

Fangio?

#3 Hati

Hati

• 6,962 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 21:05

Fangio?

Well, he did win championships with four different teams so it's more than likely that he won races at least with four different teams.

#4 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 21:06

With constructors the record is five (Moss): http://www.statsf1.c...-different.aspx

With engines the record is four (Fangio, Moss, Lauda, Berger and Prost): http://www.statsf1.c...-different.aspx

#5 DeKnyff

DeKnyff

• 5,380 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 21:14

On top of my head, Lauda won races with four different engine manufacturers: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Cosworth and TAG-Porsche. Prost won with four manufacturers and five different engines: Renault V6 turbo, TAG-Porsche, Honda V10, Ferrari V12 and Renault V10. I imagine that there are more cases in the early ages of Formula 1.

@Nonesuch: you beat me to it. However, I think Prost could count as five different engines.

Edited by DeKnyff, 01 October 2017 - 21:16.

#6 Hati

Hati

• 6,962 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 21:22

Yeah, statistics gave such a definitive answer that I predict a short life for the thread.

Although, seeing stats, I noticed that Ricciardo got quite easily to two engines category with Renault and renamed Renault. Are there similar examples from ye olden days?

#7 Collombin

Collombin

• 8,657 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 21:27

Yeah, statistics gave such a definitive answer

Not really, as the question was about teams rather than constructors, so the stats answer is actually wrong - or answering a different question, anyhow.

#8 Kalmake

Kalmake

• 4,492 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 22:34

Yeah, statistics gave such a definitive answer that I predict a short life for the thread.

Although, seeing stats, I noticed that Ricciardo got quite easily to two engines category with Renault and renamed Renault. Are there similar examples from ye olden days?

Ford/Cosworth is the most obvious one.

Piquet has won with both a decade apart, but they came from the same place.