Photo

Françoise Hardy - Primotipo article

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TerryS

TerryS

• 966 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:36

With all the racing on at the moment maybe we should lift our thoughts to a higher plain and recall some of the beautiful scenery in the movie "Grand Prix":

https://primotipo.co...rand-prix-1966/

https://www.google.c...iw=1920&bih=988

Advertisement

#2 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,588 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:58

I can recommend the, "Grand Prix, The Outtakes" thread 

#3 Macca

Macca

• 3,725 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:13

Don't go scaring us like that.........when a new thread appears with someone's name in the title it's usually bad news. It's not her birthday either.

Maybe move the post to the Out-Takes thread?

Paul M

#4 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 1,007 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:14

She sounds good too...

#5 LotusElise

LotusElise

• 888 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 21:20

She has always been a very stylish woman. Even in her seventies, she is still very striking and dresses beautifully.

#6 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,546 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 09:54

A post on Facebook announced, this morning, that Francoise is very near the end of her time on this planet.

#7 Dipster

Dipster

• 572 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 10:02

She has always been a very stylish woman. Even in her seventies, she is still very striking and dresses beautifully.

As is my wife..........

Edit: She is French too. Pure coincidence obviously.

Edited by Dipster, 17 June 2021 - 10:03.

#8 Gene

Gene

• 112 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 11:44

Fortunately according to this, she's still with us!

https://en.mediamass.../deathhoax.html

#9 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,591 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 12:07

It appears that she is gravely ill, though. This interview with her was apparently published yesterday:

https://www.lci.fr/c...in-2188911.html

Translation:

Françoise Hardy is not doing well. The 77-year-old singer told Femme Actuelle in an interview that she felt "near the end". After battling cancer of the lymphatic system, then of the pharynx, she has been treated since 2018 for a cavum tumor, but suffers from the side effects of her treatment. "The radio- and immunotherapies that followed had nightmarish side effects that have rotted my life for two years and weakened me more and more," said the famous performer, who "went deaf" in one ear.

"I can't swallow much anymore, and preparing a diet, always the same, that I can swallow, takes me more than five hours a day. I have nothing that is working normally since these therapies and my treatments. My nights are worse than my days. There is always worse than what one suffers oneself, but it is not a consolation”, continued the artist who answered the questions by email, her state not allowing her to do it in person.

The singer, who had accompanied the end of her mother's life, Madeleine Hardy, in 1994, fervently defends the right to euthanasia. "Suffering from Charcot's disease, my mother was very lucky that her doctor found a hospital doctor for her who euthanized her with my collaboration", continues Françoise Hardy. "As far as I'm concerned, I would like to have this chance, but given my small notoriety, no one will want to run the risk of being removed from the order of physicians even more," she laments, while admitting being afraid of such a gesture.

“My physical suffering has already been so terrible that I am afraid that death will force me to go through even more physical suffering. Moreover, morphine being drying, it can only be administered in massive doses so that I die, and not in lighter doses so that I suffer less. I am also afraid of the immense grief of the form of separation from the people we love most in the world that is death".

#10 Dave Ware

Dave Ware

• 998 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 14:32

Very sad.  What a terrible ending to one's life. 

#11 John Ginger

John Ginger

• 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 15:04

Yes, a very sad end to what was presumably a well lived life

#12 JacnGille

JacnGille

• 2,806 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 19:03

Sad news

#13 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,052 posts

Posted 18 June 2021 - 23:36

Having seen the high points, now enduring the low points...

The high points don't matter any more.

This is life as it transitions into death. Sad to hear.