• Please log in to reply
1717 replies to this topic

#101 SBR

SBR

• 327 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:26

http://m.gpupdate.ne...1-in-rotterdam/

Rough translation:
No Rotterdam GP for at least the next three years. There haven't been talks between Liberty and the Rotterdam council. The city of Rotterdam is currently renovating the Coolsingel (mainstreet) and the Maastunnel so organizing a GP isn't a possibility for the next three years says a member of the council. Another problem is the environmental en noise pollution hosting a GP would cause. The council isn't saying no though, there is some interest in bringing such a big event to Rotterdam.

Advertisement

#102 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:31

The new Feyenoord football stadium isnunde discussion for at least the last 5 years now and still no green lights from the City counsel. I'm not too positive about a GP here. And it may certainly not be at the cost of the new stadium!

Edited by Ivanhoe, 10 October 2017 - 21:32.

#103 SBR

SBR

• 327 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:31

Yes it is,... it is only a 30min train ride from amsterdam. And for most big cities that will count as a suburb

Rotterdam is only a 40 minute train ride from Amsterdam.. We're a very small country, If a 30 minute train ride is the benchmark for a suburb than amsterdam has a LOT of them.

#104 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:35

Yes it is,... it is only a 30min train ride from amsterdam. And for most big cities that will count as a suburb

A suburb is not defined by distance, a suburb is a big residential area at the edge of the city, Zandvoort is not, if at all it would be a suburb of Haarlem. Would you call The Hague a suburb of Rotterdam and vice versa? Only 20 minutes by train.

Edited by Ivanhoe, 10 October 2017 - 21:38.

#105 fastest

fastest

• 508 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:47

http://m.gpupdate.ne...1-in-rotterdam/

Rough translation:
No Rotterdam GP for at least the next three years. There haven't been talks between Liberty and the Rotterdam council. The city of Rotterdam is currently renovating the Coolsingel (mainstreet) and the Maastunnel so organizing a GP isn't a possibility for the next three years says a member of the council. Another problem is the environmental en noise pollution hosting a GP would cause. The council isn't saying no though, there is some interest in bringing such a big event to Rotterdam.

Every Dutch F1 fan should email Adriaan Visser of Rotterdam or hit him up on his twitter account, he's the one talking about environmental en noise pollution for only 3 days a year, while other cities would commit a crime to host a F1 GP. He doesn't understand that it doesn't happen everyday that Liberty Media comes knocking on your door asking if you'd be interested in hosting a GP. Usually you have to beg and plea, and hope the gods are well willing towards you. 

#106 Jbleroi

Jbleroi

• 832 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:49

All the villages you name are districts/suburbs of de randstad (whats in a name) with “het groene hart” as central park ;) if you get my point......
Everything is within commuting distance of each other

#107 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:56

All the villages you name are districts/suburbs of de randstad (whats in a name) with “het groene hart” as central park ;) if you get my point......
Everything is within commuting distance of each other

Well yeah, sure, but I think you will agree that you can't compare the NY, London or Paris suburbs with a place like Zandvoort ;-)

Anyway, we're drifting off topic. Let the F1 circus come to Rotterdam, we welcome you 🤗

Edited by Ivanhoe, 10 October 2017 - 21:57.

#108 fastest

fastest

• 508 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:02

Well yeah, sure, but I think you will agree that you can't compare the NY, London or Paris suburbs with a place like Zandvoort ;-)

Anyway, we're drifting off topic. Let the F1 circus come to Rotterdam, we welcome you

Yes, the Grand Prix of the Port of Europe. Make it happen!

#109 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,078 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:04

Just bus the spectators in to Zandvoort, they don't need to build train stations, car parks or anything.

This is the main road to Zandvoort. And it doesn't come from a highway, one first needs to cross almost straight through another city to even get on this road.

Bussing an F1 size crowd in is going to be an absolute no-go.

sylNOYV.jpg?1

If F1 wants to capitalize on Verstappen being a prominent driver for the next 10 years then it needn't bother with these schemes: there is already Spa-Francorchamps.

Like Verstappen's place of birth, it's in Belgium. It's much closer to Verstappen-heartland than Assen or even Zandvoort or Rotterdam. It's already the best circuit on the calender, and the Belgians are paying for it.

It's one of the rare cases where the word literally can probably be used to say that it literally couldn't be a better deal.

Edited by Nonesuch, 10 October 2017 - 22:10.

#110 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:08

Logistically Zandvoort is an absolute disaster, even on just a sunny day.

#111 fastest

fastest

• 508 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:33

This is the main road to Zandvoort. And it doesn't come from a highway, one first needs to cross almost straight through another city to even get on this road.

sylNOYV.jpg?1

If F1 wants to capitalize on Verstappen being a prominent driver for the next 10 years then it needn't bother with these schemes: there is already Spa-Francorchamps.

Like Verstappen's place of birth, it's in Belgium. It's much closer to Verstappen-heartland than Assen or even Zandvoort or Rotterdam. It's already the best circuit on the calender, and the Belgians are paying for it.

It's one of the rare cases where the word literally can probably be used to say that it literally couldn't be a better deal.

A Max Verstappen stand at Spa just isn't the same as +100.000 oranje fans at a Dutch GP. Besides, we Dutch kinda help finance the Belgium GP. Why should we help Belgium with their national GP? Don't get me wrong, I like Spa, but why not have both? One thing doesn't have to exclude the other. I'm sure there will still be a lot of dutch fans at Spa when we get our own GP back. But I get the feeling that you don't like a Dutch GP in de Randstad period. You seem to think very much in regions. Maybe we should have a GP in Limburg?

#112 Jbleroi

Jbleroi

• 832 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:41

A Max Verstappen stand at Spa just isn't the same as +100.000 oranje fans at a Dutch GP. Besides, we Dutch kinda help finance the Belgium GP. Why should we help Belgium with their national GP? Don't get me wrong, I like Spa, but why not have both? One thing doesn't have to exclude the other. I'm sure there will still be a lot of dutch fans at Spa when we get our own GP back. But I get the feeling that you don't like a Dutch GP in de Randstad period. You seem to think very much in regions. Maybe we should have a GP in Limburg?

Yes it does, spa has the exclusive rights to host a f1 gp in the BeNeLux. And the director of spa said that that is a non negotiable thing....
So yes choices have to be made.... and if you have to choose between a shitty city gp in rotterdam or Spa on the f1 calendar then it is a very simple one.........

#113 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:44

Well well, the track isn't even there and it's already shitty. A bit prejudiced? It's never gonna happen, you can be happy.

Edited by Ivanhoe, 10 October 2017 - 22:45.

#114 Jbleroi

Jbleroi

• 832 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:55

No more comomon sense. I simply cant see how you can create a proper f1 track in the city of rotterdam that will be as good as (or even comes close to) Spa.
And furthermore Spa is a monument that never should be removed from the calendar

Edited by Jbleroi, 10 October 2017 - 22:58.

#115 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 23:01

Fully agree with you on Spa, don't have a clue about the layout of a street track in Rotterdam. But I don't think anybody suggested Spa should be removed from the calendar?

Edited by Ivanhoe, 10 October 2017 - 23:03.

#116 fastest

fastest

• 508 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 23:06

Yes it does, spa has the exclusive rights to host a f1 gp in the BeNeLux. And the director of spa said that that is a non negotiable thing....
So yes choices have to be made.... and if you have to choose between a shitty city gp in rotterdam or Spa on the f1 calendar then it is a very simple one.........

You comment makes no sense on so many levels. First you say it's "non negotiable", and next you say, "so choices have to be made". So which is it? But if Spa can veto a Dutch GP, then tell me... why is Liberty Media meeting with Dutch representatives? Wouldn't that be a waste of their time? Again, I think we can have both GP's. I don't understand all this animosity and hate towards a Dutch GP. Why??? Why not have both? What's the problem? All I know is that a Dutch GP will be the biggest party on the F1 calender.

#117 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 11,674 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 23:45

Singapore has become a classic race. Baku has the ingredients to become a classic, Montreal is a classic, Monaco is a classic... 

Better a proper street race than a new Tilke disaster without any emotions attached. But the risk to create a new Valencia or Sochi definitely is there as well... 

When was there last a decent race around Singapore or Monaco ? Pretty scenery but awful circuits for modern race cars to produce entertainment. I would like to see both of them dropped in favour of decent race tracks where overtaking is possible and the sporting action is more important than the location. 

#118 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 11,674 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 00:01

So how does Monaco work?

Keeping with the theme of environmental friendly, access to circuit will be only through buses, train or walk from Harlem 

Monaco is essentially a dictatorship that relies on tourism and it's tax status for pretty much all of it's income. The Netherlands is a modern working democracy. 

#119 Vettelari

Vettelari

• 1,564 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 00:27

The last decent race at Monaco or Singapore? How about all of them since the new engine era began in 2014. These 2 tracks have created the extremely rare opportunity for somebody to actually be able to race against Mercedes. Without those 8 races between 14-17, Mercedes dominance reaches an even more unbearable level for fans to enjoy, IMO. Between RBR and Ferrari, Monaco and Singapore have been the most exciting races on the calender during the horrific Mercedes era we are currently stuck in.

Maybe no one else shares my opinion, but I think when the races of this era are looked back at in years from now, most of the "classic" races people think about will be from a majority of the Monaco/Singapore races with a few others sprinkled in. All due to the rare opportunity for a chance to see actual competition opposed to the most dominant (and boring, IMO...) era ever seen from 2014-Current by Mercedes.

Advertisement

#120 ArrowsLivery

ArrowsLivery

• 2,836 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:36

sylNOYV.jpg?1

How did they get to the track in the 1980s?

#121 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

• 2,387 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:06

Logistically Zandvoort is an absolute disaster, even on just a sunny day.

but it has soul and history. Remember James Hunt's first win or the terrible crashes of Piers Courage and Roger Williamson, or that flawless performance by Andretti, or talking about Lotus what about Jim Clark and the DFV .....of course you remember them all, it's F1's history.

Yes I agree Zandvoort would be a nightmare but please don't be too quick to throw away F1's heritage to cash in a quick buck round another inner city street track, if people could travel there OK in the past why can't they now? 

#122 Requiem84

Requiem84

• 5,151 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:39

What almost everyone doesnt seem to see is that Zandvoort is a god awful track. It hasnt produced good races at all in DTM or F3 etc. There are few challenging corners left. The Zandvoort claim seems to follow feom Nostalgia...

The current track is much different from the track F1 raced on in the 80's and even that track would be a bit bland by modern standards.

I raced on Zandvoort a few times (abd crashed 😉) with my motorbike... really, it's not worth F1 at all.

#123 lustigson

lustigson

• 5,445 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:25

There's more to Amsterdam than the canals and old city center. The Valencia Grand Prix wasn't in the old city center, either. And one could argue, that neither is the Baku race. Amsterdam could perfectly host a street race around the Arena, for instance.

#124 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 5,467 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:31

but it has soul and history. Remember James Hunt's first win or the terrible crashes of Piers Courage and Roger Williamson, or that flawless performance by Andretti, or talking about Lotus what about Jim Clark and the DFV .....of course you remember them all, it's F1's history.

Yes I agree Zandvoort would be a nightmare but please don't be too quick to throw away F1's heritage to cash in a quick buck round another inner city street track, if people could travel there OK in the past why can't they now? 

Last part of your post, Henri addressed. I believe the largest crowd ever to visit Zandvoort when it still had a Grand Prix was about 55.000 (could be wrong). At the Familie Race-dagen in 2016 there were bout 100.000 fans coming to Zandvoort. Traffic was allright, trains also. So perhaps that would not be a real problem, if only 100.000 fans come... 

But the first part of your post: the Zandvoort-track already had to give up a large part, because the city-council wanted to build houses. The houses are there. They can't be removed. So, if you want to change or extend the track, you have to go elsewhere. To the south is impossible: the town is there. West is the boulevard and the sea. To the north and east; theoretically possible, but not practically. The dunes around Zandvoort are protected nature and for a large part of European and even Unesco-heritage. 

#125 Erwin123

Erwin123

• 348 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:40

I'm dutch but have only one word: Ridiculous!

We have the beautiful circuit of Spa in our backyard.

Noone wants their city locked down for a week, its hard enough going around as it is in this overcrowded country.

#126 Cliff

Cliff

• 728 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:47

The new Feyenoord football stadium isnunde discussion for at least the last 5 years now and still no green lights from the City counsel. I'm not too positive about a GP here. And it may certainly not be at the cost of the new stadium!

Here in Amsterdam we wouldn't mind if it was at the cost of the new stadium!  :p <3

#127 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:49

Here in Amsterdam we wouldn't mind if it was at the cost of the new stadium! :p <3

I'm sure you wouldn't! 🙃👍

Edited by Ivanhoe, 11 October 2017 - 07:49.

#128 Requiem84

Requiem84

• 5,151 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:00

There's more to Amsterdam than the canals and old city center. The Valencia Grand Prix wasn't in the old city center, either. And one could argue, that neither is the Baku race. Amsterdam could perfectly host a street race around the Arena, for instance.

But would a race on an industrial part around the arena give the vibe and atmosphere Liberty Media is looking for? All you would see on TV would be office buildings and some lost bushes on the side of the road... no vibe / specialness at all imo.

I live in city center Amsterdam, I cycle through the city every day, ride my motorbike here every now and then and I honestly think they could arrange a race in the city itself if the city is up for it. You have bigger sweeping streets such as the 'Prins hendrikkade', Damrak, Dam square, Vijzelstraat etc. Those streets would need a hell of a lot of renovation to make it happen though (tram rails needs to be gone etc).

Prins Henddrik kade (from the other side you would see the Central Station of Amsterdam)

130623-1310-Prins-Hendrikkade-Amsterdam-

Damrak and Dam square

Amsterdam_damrak.jpg

Vijzelstraat

5206502.jpg

Weteringsschans

4908403.jpg

Stadhouderskade

4801003.jpg

Edited by Requiem84, 11 October 2017 - 08:00.

#129 Bomsb

Bomsb

• 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:02

really strikes me as being a cash grab by the new F1 owners who expect Verstappen to draw huge home crowds over the next 10-15 years. They are probably thinking they can get 500k over 3 days.

Like most others dont want to see more street circuits on the tour. Not enough overtaking opportunities for fans who watch 95% of the championship on TV.

#130 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:04

Think Liberty are mainly interested in the brand "Amsterdam" rather than the atmosphere of the inner city.

#131 Requiem84

Requiem84

• 5,151 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:06

really strikes me as being a cash grab by the new F1 owners who expect Verstappen to draw huge home crowds over the next 10-15 years. They are probably thinking they can get 500k over 3 days.

Like most others dont want to see more street circuits on the tour. Not enough overtaking opportunities for fans who watch 95% of the championship on TV.

Baku has excellent overtaking opportunities. 

Besides, how much overtaking do we see on the 'classic' tracks like Suzuka etc?

Edited by Requiem84, 11 October 2017 - 08:06.

#132 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:08

really strikes me as being a cash grab by the new F1 owners who expect Verstappen to draw huge home crowds over the next 10-15 years. They are probably thinking they can get 500k over 3 days

The Rotterdam city racing event in 2011 drew 600.000 spectators on 1 day and that was before Verstappen was even in the picture of mainstream media.

#133 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 9,146 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:08

How did they get to the track in the 1980s?

Bij then we stiil had only 13 to14 million inhabitants, nowadays over 17 million.

Not as any cars yet then as today, many people took the train. But from my memory, Zandvoort never got over 100.000 attendants on race day as well and that also makes a difference compared with what happens in Silverstone every year.

I agree with the sentiments, Zandvoort was fun and doable before Eccstone went for fame and glory and glamourous show-off locations. It's nostalgia but I simply can't see how it can be improved up to standards that are deemed acceptable by the current F1 standards. I don't think that even the current Paddock is large enough to contain an entire current F1 paddock with hospitality units etc....

And when I read about the hassle it involves, my recommandation would be, don't do it and be happy that Spa and German are closeby.

henri

#134 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,078 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:10

Besides, we Dutch kinda help finance the Belgium GP. Why should we help Belgium with their national GP?

How so? And in either case, because Spa-Francorchamps is the best circuit on the calender.

And it's within two or three hours drive from most of the Netherlands! That often seems like a lot in a small-ish country with great infrastructure, but I'll guess quite a lot of people in Japan, Italy, the US, Brazil etc. travel longer to 'their' Grand Prix.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spa, but why not have both?

Because F1 has a habit of requesting enormous fees for the 'privilege' of hosting an F1 race, and then kicks into the old routine of demanding even more money for 'upgrades' all around the track.

It's the same reason hosting Olympic Games is a bad idea. At least with football - such as the recent UEFA Women's Euro held in the Netherlands - you can use existing facilities. With F1, no such facilities exist.

#135 Freeze011

Freeze011

• 1,349 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:30

As a Dutch fan... I am for a hard NO on a GP in the Netherlands.

#136 Cliff

Cliff

• 728 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:35

How so? And in either case, because Spa-Francorchamps is the best circuit on the calender.

And it's within two or three hours drive from most of the Netherlands! That often seems like a lot in a small-ish country with great infrastructure, but I'll guess quite a lot of people in Japan, Italy, the US, Brazil etc. travel longer to 'their' Grand Prix.

Because F1 has a habit of requesting enormous fees for the 'privilege' of hosting an F1 race, and then kicks into the old routine of demanding even more money for 'upgrades' all around the track.

It's the same reason hosting Olympic Games is a bad idea. At least with football - such as the recent UEFA Women's Euro held in the Netherlands - you can use existing facilities. With F1, no such facilities exist.

Spa is already overcrowded as it is. A true Dutch GP would the biggest party on the calendar. We are quite fierce in supporting our sports hero's and now that the football team is a total disaster with no hope of them getting any better in the next couple of years, even more people will flock to F1. Just look at the Jumbo Verstappen racing days with 200k attendees at Zandvoort, just for a demo... Imagine what a real race would do.

Zandvoort is out of question. It would be an unbelievable borefest with no overtaking. In Amsterdam there are too many militant leftist that would make it their life's mission to block anything that could disturb their quiet Sunday... You already see it with them trying to block dance music festivals in the city (of which there are at least 10 every weekend during the summer, and at which they are failing trying to do so   :clap:) The only viable option is Rotterdam to be honest.

#137 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 5,467 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:02

Think Liberty are mainly interested in the brand "Amsterdam" rather than the atmosphere of the inner city.

Exactly. New York, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Singapore... A race with that name sells... Even ONE Grand Prix in Paris would blow the viewing figures over the roof. And perhaps if Liberty develops a totally different earning-model (perhaps one in which THEY organise and pay the race and take the profits minus costs) more of that kind of races could be organized... 

#138 Requiem84

Requiem84

• 5,151 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:12

They are breaking with tradition, which is excellent.

I for one would hate to see another South Korea track on the calendar...

#139 thelondonphoto

thelondonphoto

• 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:44

Zandvoort needs to be extended.  The shape looks rude ;) but the red lines are the extentions, providing flowing corners and a new overtaking area near the end of the lap.  All provide enough runoff area, although a small lake would need to be filled in, (think there is enough sand around for that).  A new pits complex (in blue) would provide better facilities for the teams and a much larger paddock area.  All these changes don't even need the circuit to expand out from it's existing boundry :)   

[img]23783685228_304d4b6945.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 12.17.27 copy by Hamish Jordan, on Flickr[/img]

Edited by thelondonphoto, 11 October 2017 - 15:15.

Advertisement

#140 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:49

I say no thank you as race tracks are better with elevation changes.*

*For the hard of humour, this is intended to be a joke.

#141 redreni

redreni

• 4,479 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:45

sylNOYV.jpg?1

Only the teams and maybe a few VIPs would want to drive. Dutch rail is efficient and cheap, and comprehensive enough to mean local fans would almost certainly want to come by train, especially if parking at the track is charged at a high enough rate so that the train would make financial sense for family groups. For international fans, the train is by far the best option from Schiphol, particularly if your hotel is in Amsterdam or Haarlem. It's an indirect service from the airport normally, which would be fine, but if desired I'm sure it would be possible to lay on direct trains as well. Capacity shouldn't be an issue if extra/bigger trains are laid on.

As I say, the problem with Zandvoort is the track itself, which is in a pretty shabby condition, lacks facilities and would need work on run-offs and barriers in several places, as well as extensive work to accommodate F1's VIPs.

Frankly I'd rather they didn't ruin another classic venue for the sake of a single event which, however enormous the potential turnover, is probably doomed never to make money and is entirely reliant, for its viability, on one driver remaining massively popular and staying in F1.

#142 mphilipp

mphilipp

• 52 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 13:02

No more comomon sense. I simply cant see how you can create a proper f1 track in the city of rotterdam that will be as good as (or even comes close to) Spa.
And furthermore Spa is a monument that never should be removed from the calendar

Well...I live in the mundain city of Gorinchem and we have a very decent Eau Rouge-like corner. It's a bit tight for an F1 car, but if you're courageous... ;)

To be fait, I don't know if I should call it Eau Rouge or Cork Screw (Lagune Seca). It goes down (steep), hard left and then a nice arc to the right, or the other way around if you go the other way.

#143 Paincake

Paincake

• 989 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 14:22

Personally I don't like street races all that much. The most iconic one being Monaco where overtaking is virtually impossible, where you have a single line of a train following eachother like drones. I'm not saying all street circuits are the same and that they cannot be done well if done correctly though. Thing is, F1 isn't just about the most amazing circuits.... its about celebrities and glamour as proven by how popular Monaco is despite its downsides.

Anyone from Netherlands that would like to see a F1 race in The Hague? Does it have to be either Rotterdam or Amsterdam...

I've always wanted to go to Belgium grand prix for a few years now but just havent had the time yet. If F1 would to come to Rotterdam its just 15 mins with the train from where I live.

#144 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 14:22

We already have three layouts for Rotterdam and on one we will be racing over floating pontoons.

29w0lg3.png

Edited by Ivanhoe, 11 October 2017 - 14:23.

#145 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,078 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 14:29

Just look at the Jumbo Verstappen racing days with 200k attendees at Zandvoort, just for a demo... Imagine what a real race would do.

GA tickets were free for Jumbo shoppers and even paddock (!) tickets cost a mere €45 for the whole weekend.

There's no telling how many people would show up if the cost of sitting in sand-dunes would be in line with Spa's GA tickets of about €130 - or grandstand tickets cost upwards of €400+.

#146 Lipp

Lipp

• 1,408 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:21

We already have three layouts for Rotterdam and on one we will be racing over floating pontoons.

29w0lg3.png

Funny that Lammers wants them to race trough de kuip! :rotfl:

#147 skicrack

skicrack

• 157 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:35

GA tickets were free for Jumbo shoppers and even paddock (!) tickets cost a mere €45 for the whole weekend.

There's no telling how many people would show up if the cost of sitting in sand-dunes would be in line with Spa's GA tickets of about €130 - or grandstand tickets cost upwards of €400+.

Have you ever been to GP?? I never had such expensive entry tickets. Weekend hockenheim last year on the stands, €295, Austin weekend tickets € 399 but they were not the cheapest grandstands and the exchance wasnt that good. Monza weekend tickets €325 variante ascari, also not the cheapest tickets and then Malaysia this year grandstand first corner less then €200, and GA most of the times you can get for less then €100 for a weekend or something. I bet if the GP would come to holland, there would be a lot of people going. Dutch might be cheap, but they also spend when they want to go to smth. Ur just being negative. Instead of being a doemdenker (doom thinker) you can also start thinking a little more constructive...problems are there to be solved you know.

If we really want to, we can make zandvoort work. The roads to zandvoort need te be upgraded sometime anyway, so why not make a masterplan and put some new impulses in the whole area as it is becoming really shitty there. Just invest in some proper new infrastructure now and make some money back through tourists and the circuit. But hey, as always in holland, we lack major long term vision. as is displayed by your posts

#148 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:37

Funny that Lammers wants them to race trough de kuip! :rotfl:

Yeah, probably inspired by the Mexican GP and thought we can do something better. :rotfl: First a new stadium though before these cars are allowed on holy ground :p

Edited by Ivanhoe, 11 October 2017 - 19:37.

#149 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 5,467 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 20:15

Okay, now I can't refrain from posting this. Nemo's track in Amsterdam-Zuid, using the Zuid-As as back-drop:

iky2lb3.jpg

And because we don't care about the environment, part of the track goes along the Amstel-river and passes THIS landmark:

2403508756_11bf3d7e59.jpg

That is the Riekermolen, with the statue of Rembrandt in front. A can't miss prospect, right?

#150 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

• 6,018 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 20:22

Okay, now I can't refrain from posting this. Nemo's track in Amsterdam-Zuid, using the Zuid-As as back-drop:

iky2lb3.jpg

Should be driven counter clockwise, looks like there's is a fast righthander followed by a fast lefthander on the topright of the picture.

Btw, Where are the other two layouts? :p

Edited by Ivanhoe, 11 October 2017 - 20:23.