- - - - -

Gran Turismo Sport

• Please log in to reply
1127 replies to this topic

#1051 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 00:47

Alfisti, why don't you buy a black friday better game controller like a razor or something? They might make you faster? I guess ensure it can be returned within two weeks or whatever. There  are several of them, Razor, Nacom etc and if there was one with the buttons that you use that would allow tuning of the button feel and reaction etc., heck it might help you.

Advertisement

#1052 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:58

I've not raced this week, but I have done some practice laps.

I've stiffened the brakes and it sured worked, but not for long.

I've now realised that my pedals are too steeply angled upwards - they need to be as flat as I can get them I now think. The reason is that I have discovered that my braking foot is not resting on the pedal in the same place. So if its higher on the pedal, the braking action is more powerful, due to more leverage. If its lower, I think I am pushing hard on the brakes, but in fact, I am only pushing on the brakes at 30%. The problem with load cell brakes is that the leverage point on the brake and the foot, has to be identical, or the force feedback is destroyed. I also need to have something on the pedal floor for my heel, so that its always in the same place relative to the brake. Finally I have to configure the brakes so that the first push doesn't engage the brake. This way I can leave my foot against the brake without it engaging the brakes (this is a normal setup item I understand). And I found all this out because I was playing with braking without ABS, and I found the brakes worked better quite often, but sometimes I was locking up, sometimes there was little braking ... 

I hope tonight to spend it fiddling with the brake setup. Interestingly I now think that load cell brakes are worse if your foot is not placed in the exact same place on the brake, every time. Pretty obvious really, because the leverage is different unless your foot is in the same place (or I would call it a "leverage point") on the pedal. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 21 November 2018 - 23:31.

#1053 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 14:40

Respond to my PSN request ya mug. 

#1054 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 20:31

Sorry, I don't know what it was and where? :blush: I have not read all of GT Planet if you requested there? Give me a link and of course I'll respond! 

#1055 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 20:42

it should be on your playstation when you login

#1056 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 23:30

OK I'll have a look ... it normally just goes to sleep so I only log on after an internet failure - it would have been a week ago actually when the network stopped during a race, so its been some time since I logged on. Didn't play with my brakes as planned last night so b4 I do I'll restart the ps4.

Edited by Melbourne Park, 22 November 2018 - 00:40.

#1057 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:48

Ah haah ... found it Alfisti!! I should have accepted. Pretty sure I did ...

There were some others wanting to be friends - female ones!!?? Boy they'd get a fright ... Japanese I suspect. non accepted, from over a week ago, I barely remember those races. Wonder what goes on there with Japanese ... and it appears I have other "friends" already - this was my son's PS4 and maybe he used my name for some games and hence "friends" for games he plays but doesn't want to be associated with his proper gaming name. He doesn't do it so much now, he's too busy in the real world. Doing OK too. 

I did my brakes, and boy, I have stuffed everything up. No force feedback, and the brakes are soft as ****. Can't believe it but I must have left a stiffener out. So I'll have to do it all again. Tried the setup and race two testing and averaged 1:49. 1:48 my best lap. The Porsche felt like a Caddillac Coupe deVille, 1958 variety. 

Sheesh I've blown almost a whole week's racing and I've got to do it all again.  :rolleyes:  :(

Edited by Melbourne Park, 22 November 2018 - 12:59.

#1058 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 14:46

Female friend requests on PSN are bots, likely russian or chinese, looking to send you viruses.Ignore and delete.

Now we're friends we can see each other's times.

Surprised how much fiddling you've got to do with the wheel and brakes.

I had a good night, my SR dropped to A which i am much more comfortable with and gained 2,000 DR points with a few podiums. Surprisingly found a full 1.3 seconds around race B, with a best of 1.41.2 and several sub 1.41.5's. The Mustang is slowish through the chicane but I am turning good times with it, with the brake balance on 2 it get JUSt loose enough to turn in nicely without losing traction when i gas it. 

#1059 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 20:01

Yeh ... load cell brakes suck if there is any flex, which destroys their intent.

The flex problem was related to how i put the pedals on the stand and the stand's pedal plate design. Now the stand is hardly flexing, and I can remove all the flex I think. Taking the stand apart took some time and I haven't had much spare time. And the design of the Fanatec pedals requires you completely remove them from your foot plate in order to get to all the location and grub screws.

But "HARD" buffers I put in the pedal mechanism feel soft to me ... perhaps one fell out when I put them in. It took a long time to take everything apart and put it back together, and Fanatec assemble things badly. I'll have to do it again but at least I have re-assembled them so they'll come apart easily.The last thing I did was move the foot brake plate facing to the left so there was a bigger gap to the accelerator - by undoing the foot plate which uses Philips Head screws to locate the pedal facing to the pedal lever, and shifting the foot plate left and hence away from the accelerator pedal. Then do the same for the clutch. But the screw for the clutch had been crazily overtightened, and this time the thread stripped on the clutch's pedal facing plate screw. Typical of Fanatec - they have good gear, but I think the assembly guys in China hate the factory and over tighten one thing in one area deliberately. I used the highest quality philips head Allen keys as its happened elsewhere, I have had to attach a spanner to the philips head's key earlier on critical Philps head grub screw to have enough leverage to turn a grub screw and on other Fanatec gear - but this time I got caught out. So the clutch pedal is now very closer to the brake. I guess I can either grind the clutch pedal down, or shift accelerator plate to the right. Thanks once again /Fanatec for **** assembly and not supervising your operation in China, and not have quality assurance standards. 

My goal with the brakes is to be able to run without ABS, and if the pedal is stiff and there is no flex, I should be able to do that. And at least brake consistently with low ABS will happen worse case as long as its all stiff. 

The software settings for the wheel I can fix. I downloaded some settings via GTPlanet when I started and I will use those again. There were lots of complaints before I started about light wheels and no feel and its due to the settings. The settings are not intuitive. i'll get it done though.

The settings changed because I went to a manual setup for the brakes ... auto is easier to setup by far, but I presumed that the manual way would allow finer tuning for the brakes. And I then lost the wheel force settings. I may have overstepped the mark there, time will tell I guess. Perhaps the main market for Fanatec seems to be realism and feel, which is quite different from a good race setting I am finding out.

You know if the game asked for a vote on worst and rarest drivers,  ie identify the Kamakaze drivers, then the game might clean up some of those who seem to be involved for non racing reasons. 

Delighted with your time by the way and its so much more fun when one has some pace in the race plus if you start forward sometimes you can get a break in time and relax which is also real fun and a change.

Edited by Melbourne Park, 22 November 2018 - 20:36.

Advertisement

#1060 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 21:31

On Seaside reverse, which is a **** track, but on this track people make mistakes. Start top 5 and you can win if you keep it on the island. i am slow through turn 1 and the esses. 

#1061 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 13:02

I might be able to have a run on Sunday. 

I need to move the brakes forward toward me a bit now.

I did another brake recalibration and turned on an auto feature which balances the brake setting. Much easier now to driver. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 24 November 2018 - 13:02.

#1062 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:36

Wasn't able to have a race at the Seaside II place. I ran some laps setting things up. Then I went to have a race and the event was over. So I went to the Nurburgring one and drove two laps - not very well for sure. But in Asia I am number 50!! The game has just started I guess!!  :clap: My world time is 144!!!

Hah hah ... I'll be 5,000th - 10,0000th  tomorrow I guess. 

Incidentally ... Asia had only 91 on the board though ... and the best of those times was 44 seconds faster than me ...  :blush:

I reckon one could spend some considerable time practicing there but boy a G3 is sticky and bouncy around there compared to non race cars. Got a feeling I'll stick with the Porsche there unless there's a smoother riding car ... 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 26 November 2018 - 07:45.

#1063 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 14:30

I'll stick with group 4 at RBR this week.

#1064 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:31

My ratings are tumbling at the moment at the 'ring but thankfully some of that has been my fault!

I am not slow either but I've been making a couple of mistakes (in three races only, and the last one I had to stop not far from the finish due to an important phone call). The first race I did I started on soft tyres and they ran out which I did not expect. When I refuelled I had a fuel warning for the entire second lap, despite finishing with lots of fuel. Quite annoying having a read warning up there about fuel just after you leave the pits after putting fuel in the tank. I had a fourth race lined up where I was not with two S drivers, several A+s and the rest but for me A drivers ... things looked good as I thought a podium was on the cards ... but the game dropped me out before the start ... need to restart the PS4 before entering a race I guess ...

There is a section of the Nordschleife where I have gone off in two out of three races - Its almost a bug as I am well aware of its danger ... I am quite scared of that one single high speed bit but hopefully it won't bight me any more. I suspect if I slow down there though I'll loose downforce and be just as badly off ... I guess my line is not the right one so when I find it I will learn something I guess ... my net is also very choppy in traffic and there are distinct delays from when I turn my wheel to when the car reacts ... 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 28 November 2018 - 09:34.

#1065 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 14:17

A week ago i was complaining hiow S SR lobbies and in a few days I've been reset to a SR of 1 (E) and DR dropped from 27,000 to 3,000. 

RBR is brutal, conducive to a surprising amount of contact.

#1066 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 21:02

A week ago i was complaining hiow S SR lobbies and in a few days I've been reset to a SR of 1 (E) and DR dropped from 27,000 to 3,000. 

RBR is brutal, conducive to a surprising amount of contact.

How can that be???  :mad: In two bloody races?  :rolleyes: Sheesh you've been 99 most often ... the game is stuffed if it can do that - drop you from 25,000 to 8,000 SR in one race ... and then another one and Go to Gaol, Do Not Pass Go. Did you go berserk or something? Can't blame you if you did. The 'ring ain't so bad from that perspective, I suspect those that like to crash into others will crash all by themselves at the 'Nordschleife. But then I am with S's ... they will hit you but I have had pace and just had some bad luck plus being stupid. I've had a last place I think plus I had to quit the game (I just left my car there) out of just three races - but they take almost half an hour each with the pre race wait ...  but I haven't lost as many points as I thought I would have. Sheesh time for you to drive the VW Bug for a few days maybe. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 28 November 2018 - 21:09.

#1067 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 21:16

It's tricky, once in even with the B's, you get a few bumps and you are C and now it's mayhem. Everyone uses you as a brake and the stupid penalty system blames the guy in front, i will never understand it. 

#1068 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:09

It's tricky, once in even with the B's, you get a few bumps and you are C and now it's mayhem. Everyone uses you as a brake and the stupid penalty system blames the guy in front, i will never understand it. 

Its outrageous. I've edit this - I have two defences : 

1:  is to get into a position where you are moving into the corner, then often they miss you, and also its a deflection on you ... I had a race at Catalunya where I passed someone and he was a hitter and angry ... the second longest straight there, finishes with a severe slow left turn and then a right and then a chicane leading onto the main straight ... the driver was certainly going for me and I was on the right side ... I turned left well before the proper racing line - quite early and then braked late for the corner - and he went sailing by way off into the distance. I enjoyed that ... I reckon they have to hit you in the middle of your rear for them to not crash or hurt themselves. The big problem for me is that when I drive looking in the mirrors I slow down. 

2: What you told me to do at the start: get to the inside of the corner, and because I'm off the racing line, I am going slower than I should. They might hit me but the slow speed typically doesn't shunt me off the track. I'll loose ground and if the driver behind takes the proper line, I'll likely get passed. But a hitter won't take the racing line, he wants to push you off the track. 

They should suspend drivers who regularly hit people up the backside IMO. Two times in a race should have a severe penalty IMO. The problem might be though that with my 2nd tactic, I may be the one getting the severe penalty. Its wrong to punish someone for early braking IMO. The game should fix this whole thing ... if people regularly brake tested, we'd get used to it and avoid it. But its not possible IMO to defend a nut case from behind you. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 29 November 2018 - 01:23.

#1069 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 14:37

Alfisti, I reckon I am about to join you.

Today I did 3 or four races ... and got a number of places. In one I came from 16th to 2nd ( I started 2nd but they nailed me into the first corner, I ws stuck on the bollard, I had to reverse out, and I copped the blame of course and also, I was then in last place. Obviously I planned it that way hence the penalties.

Yep my manners have gone from S to a low "B". So I reckon next, I'll be hit like they did to you ... and I simply cannot avoid someone hitting in the first corner at the F1 'ring race C ... only thing I can think of is go right and then go wide, loose 4 places and likely get a time penalty for going wide and off the track after the first corner ... sheesh this game is unfair ... or maybe I should just sit behind someone and hit them up their backside. And get no penalty I presume ...

B4 I quit I was on pole with a chance of a clean race for sure ... and the game never started, I went back to the entry screen. Thanks Polyphony.

:mad:

Edited by Melbourne Park, 01 December 2018 - 14:43.

#1070 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 23:19

For my race notes, comments on N24, the combination of the Nurburgring's F1 track and the Nordschliefe: I found more pace with throttle lift in the winding bits; also rather than using brakes for many of my curves, just change down instead and you can gain with this trick. I was in the Porsche again although it wasn't the perfect car. Also avoiding the curbs did save the tyres and did not seem slower. Also avoiding the curbs give you a safety factor that you don't have if using them. But there are sections where I think you have to cut the corner to open up the line, one in particular ... I will edit this and put that corner into here: ... 

Finally the 2nd corner after the starting straight - you finish the straight when starting, turn right then negotiate a slow left sharp turn. In this area, 90% of the time I got penalties, and often lost heaps of places. too. However, I learn't that the game does not want you to overtake on the inside of that 2nd slow sharp left corner. So get to the outside there and if someone hits you on your inside, they'll likely get the penalty. Unfortunately I only worked it out on the last day by watching a replay of why I got a 5 second penalty for being belted and passed ... I was on the inside so that's what the game was doing. A later race I had the pole sitter who was an A+ who went wide turning right - he came back inside of me at that slow left corner and hit me. I think he got stuck on the corner and could not move, I must have closed out the gap or the game bumped him into the corner. He probably got a 5 second penalty ... I got around without any punishment. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 03 December 2018 - 23:50.

#1071 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 14:51

Has the handling model changed? I looked back a month and i did a 1.34 flat with the Aston at interlagos, car felt great, especially on the gas. So i wheel it out again, car felt squirmish, a little loose, tricky under power, and i did a 1.33.6. 

I don't get it.

Edited by Alfisti, 04 December 2018 - 14:51.

#1072 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 00:44

Has the handling model changed? I looked back a month and i did a 1.34 flat with the Aston at interlagos, car felt great, especially on the gas. So i wheel it out again, car felt squirmish, a little loose, tricky under power, and i did a 1.33.6. 

Well you went faster so maybe your more on the edge. 

I rolled out the Porsche and on my second lap got a 1:33.8 which was my qualifying time previously, so maybe I have learn't the car or somethings changed ... but I reckon the track felt just the same. Only way to find out about the Aston would be to race it I guess ... but until your back into the 25,000s  the racing may not indicate what is going on? I have yet to race but may get a couple in before we loose two billion of our current Asian population. Going down to Oceana's 29 million ... I am worried about my B rating so I am going to have to play it safe for several races. The first corner worries me as far as going to C or D. 

Today things change in Oceana and maybe there will be a handling change then. Automatic ie compulsory zoned penalties should come in then I expect. A good move IMO. I'd like the hitters to cop their punishments as close as possible to immediately. I just hope those that hit you in the rear also get a punishment or things will get ridiculous. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 05 December 2018 - 00:50.

#1073 Shuffle

Shuffle

• 111 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:29

I don't get it.

I think something has changed, I haven't touched the game since the last time Interlagos was on the dailies a few weeks back, and I instantly matched my previous best time, a 31.7. Couple more laps and I had it down to a 31.6. No way would I be doing that after that long a break if the handling model hadn't changed a bit IMO.

Starting to get a bit frustrated with the game tbh, it's been out a year and the BoP for the classes is still all over the place. Surely we should now be at a point where all of the cars are pretty viable, but it just doesn't seem to be the case. And some of the cars (on the controller at least) feel undrivable, the Ferrari Gr.3 for example.

Edited by Shuffle, 05 December 2018 - 10:29.

#1074 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 14:19

I rolled out the Porsche and on my second lap got a 1:33.8 which was my qualifying time previously, so maybe I have learn't the car or somethings changed ... but I reckon the track felt just the same. Only way to find out about the Aston would be to race it I guess ... but until your back into the 25,000s  the racing may not indicate what is going on? I have yet to race but may get a couple in before we loose two billion of our current Asian population. Going down to Oceana's 29 million ... I am worried about my B rating so I am going to have to play it safe for several races. The first corner worries me as far as going to C or D. 

IMHO the DR is a bit pointless, you're matched on SR and qualy pace so DR is a bit of a measure rather than impacting play, so i am not fussed where i am at, but back near 10k after a few easy wins Vs DR D players. It's the SR that matters, I am Ok with B, prefer A, S is too fast for me and below B is a **** show. 

Ran a 33.6 in qualifying and 33.4 in a race last night, with the Aston, astonished more folks don't use it. I am crushing porsche's in the races, from the last corner then through the Senna curves and then another big straight, the Porsches are just too slow and I am passing them into that second heavy braking zone. 

#1075 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 14:19

I think something has changed, I haven't touched the game since the last time Interlagos was on the dailies a few weeks back, and I instantly matched my previous best time, a 31.7. Couple more laps and I had it down to a 31.6. No way would I be doing that after that long a break if the handling model hadn't changed a bit IMO.

Starting to get a bit frustrated with the game tbh, it's been out a year and the BoP for the classes is still all over the place. Surely we should now be at a point where all of the cars are pretty viable, but it just doesn't seem to be the case. And some of the cars (on the controller at least) feel undrivable, the Ferrari Gr.3 for example.

I agree, i am a solid half a second faster than I was a month ago. 

Agree re BOP, i'd love to drive the McLaren or the Ferrari but it's pointless.

#1076 messy

messy

• 3,404 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 20:15

Not the most exciting update this month but can hardly complain given they're all free.

#1077 baddog

baddog

• 26,931 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 00:56

I can complain about them cutting australasia off into a backwater. Online play of this game is over as far as Im concerned till something changes.

I actually think its a great new city track and a couple of cool cars but thats a bit like getting a cupcake to say sorry for stabbing you in the back.

#1078 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:27

Other regions I get but for oz., horrible.

#1079 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:50

I can complain about them cutting australasia off into a backwater. Online play of this game is over as far as Im concerned till something changes.

I actually think its a great new city track and a couple of cool cars but thats a bit like getting a cupcake to say sorry for stabbing you in the back.

Hmm well now the internet testing chart no longer has a faulty top line - now the chart says your connection is good. The cars are no longer jumping around like crazy either, even in mid traffic its fine. 

The qualifying times seem to be the main difference and also your SR or Sportsmanship rating. The worse thing though is that the fields are down to 12 cars for me late at night. 

I raced around dinner time and clearly it was Uni student or holidaying teens - they were pretty crazy. But It was more easy to avoid them because the car is now driving properly.

Nonetheless it was awesome racing against people in China, Japan and such ...  and some very considerate drivers there were at times too. But the only time it was fun to drive was when the field split up. If it was tight and you were not in front of that pack, the game worked really badly for me. But its now weird having an overall populous which is just the size of a single mega city. Curiously some places in Australia are pretty close to Indonesia (Darwin 2,200km to Indonesia) rather than to Melbourne (3,750km) for instance, let alone New Zealand. 

Perhaps Sony is racially inclined, because Australia's zone should include the Asian nations close to us IMO. Jakarta (capital of indonesia) is a bit closer to Sydney than to Tokyo. Jakarta to Melbourne is 5,200km Jakarta to Tokyo is 5,800km. But add New Zealand and it all makes sense I guess.

Edited by Melbourne Park, 06 December 2018 - 19:07.

Advertisement

#1080 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 19:15

Ran a 33.6 in qualifying and 33.4 in a race last night, with the Aston, astonished more folks don't use it. I am crushing porsche's in the races, from the last corner then through the Senna curves and then another big straight, the Porsches are just too slow and I am passing them into that second heavy braking zone. 

I tried the Aston, and it was pretty easy in qualifying ...

I ran 7 laps - :1:33.676; 33.589; 33.762; 33.341; 33.688; 33.960; 33.410 - so it was great. But in the race, I had a lot of contacts. And it felt like a truck to me ... I had to grab the Porsche because I could avoid contact, being faster in the curves, thy couldn't hit me, and I needed to stop damaging my SR, I was approaching level C. The Porsche is also fun to drive. The Aston passes people by in the straight though - in the Porsche its just not possible to actually pass someone unless they make a big mistake. Over here the Mustang is by far the most popular car. I might try the Aston again, but it feels quite different in the actual race ... maybe I  need to drive it more. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 06 December 2018 - 19:18.

#1081 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 00:40

Drive it with the rear wheels, get the power to steer the car.

#1082 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 23:04

Drive it with the rear wheels, get the power to steer the car.

As said earlier I could qualify very consistently with it ... but in the race I got beaten up. Maybe I should have tried again - it might have just been a bad race. But later on I was getting beaten up again by Mustangs so I tried one. Set the brake balance to +1 (clockwise one click to the right ie more rear brakes) and left it there even for the corner at the end of the main straight - although one has to think about braking a hair earlier with +1 on the brake balance. And whoo - a fast and easy to drive race car. Although you have to change your gear instantly at the start or you'll loose ground.

I had a battle with a guy over a few races - he beat me in two races by less than a 10th of a second. He had outqualified me by 0.016 seconds, and I did not want to rub paint, my SR has been in some considerable trouble. So i just sat behind and hoped for an error. But none came. So I did 8 laps qualifying and then was 0.15 seconds in front of him - a couple in front of him on the grid. He went backwards, got penalties - I came second comfortably. So the Mustang was a hoot for me. Wish I had changed day one rather than the last day ...

Edited by Melbourne Park, 09 December 2018 - 23:07.

#1083 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

• 2,521 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:38

I missed the gold time on the nurburgring by 0.9 sec :mad: I guess it's just a matter of time before I get the last gold but the ring is just frustrating to drive faultless

#1084 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,739 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:20

GTS has had its fair share of bugs and exploits, but I think this one takes the cake.

https://www.gtplanet...dicator.383758/

Having a tiny amount of the brakes applied with abs on will actually make you faster on the straights in some cars. Most of the people in the top 10 LBs were hiding their replay so they don't get found out, even though it's obvious why they are hiding it. :down:

Edited by MikeV1987, 10 December 2018 - 17:23.

#1085 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 14:37

I had a battle with a guy over a few races - he beat me in two races by less than a 10th of a second. He had outqualified me by 0.016 seconds, and I did not want to rub paint, my SR has been in some considerable trouble. So i just sat behind and hoped for an error. But none came. So I did 8 laps qualifying and then was 0.15 seconds in front of him - a couple in front of him on the grid. He went backwards, got penalties - I came second comfortably. So the Mustang was a hoot for me. Wish I had changed day one rather than the last day ...

Replay?

#1086 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:41

Replay?

Not for that one ... I have the race where they put me in an easy group and I cruised around and won by a lot ... but its as boring as heck. I must save more of the close ones. 

I'd have liked to have texted that guy who was close to me but I presume he was a student of some type, he was playing continuously likely through the night too!! 

It seems Asian racers and Australian and NZ ones hav disappeared from the kudos site ... It seems 2:10 at Suzuka is fairly normal for the GR.4 but I am nowhere near that. The Audi TT thing seems what everyone is driving and one car event bore me too ... guess I'll have to practice a bit because I don't want to end up with a C manners rating ... and in the middle of a pack or with no inherent speed, I reckon it would be inevitable. I wanted to drive the Ferrari but if I end up in a the TT auto or the VW sports whatever car, I'll be disappointed. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 11 December 2018 - 08:44.

#1087 babbel

babbel
  • Racing Sims Host

• 2,521 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 13:39

After many many tries, lots of near misses... I finally beat the gold time on the ring!

#1088 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 19:16

They are sucking the fun out of this game. yet another change tot he physics that reduces lift oversteer, basically if you don't trail brake you get **** TONS of understeer, really finding it difficult to turn in, just brutal. 

#1089 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:04

Sheesh Alfisti, you get to be an "A" class driver at GTS, top 1%, with a controller and your wife on the coach next to you ... and you get stuffed up and re-set!!! Deliberate???

Cheers

MP

Edited by Melbourne Park, 05 March 2019 - 08:05.

#1090 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,739 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:09

Can't wait for the Super Formula cars to come to GTS. Autopolis looks like a great track too.

dallara-super-formula-860x484.jpg

#1091 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:09

Will they be faster than the current F1 cars? 

#1092 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 20:07

Sheesh Alfisti, you get to be an "A" class driver at GTS, top 1%, with a controller and your wife on the coach next to you ... and you get stuffed up and re-set!!! Deliberate???

Cheers

MP

NOT HAPPY!!

#1093 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,686 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:31

I've been thinking about trying out Gran Turismo Sport pretty often as of late after finding out how discounted it has become. I have to ask, how competent is the livery editor?

#1094 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,593 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 13:23

I've been thinking about trying out Gran Turismo Sport pretty often as of late after finding out how discounted it has become. I have to ask, how competent is the livery editor?

There's some great things done, but I think people create stuff outside the program and bring them in. I would not say its great rather its somewhat crude as you paste things onto the vehicle in layers and there is not photoshop control of the layers. So its rudimentary but a lot of great stuff is done.

#1095 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 31,815 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 19:22

I have NFi how to use it and IMHo it's not needed because you can search for liveries and use them. THere's like a bazillion for every car, I have some cracking ones. 

look at this Merc FFS....

#1096 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,739 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 20:57

Will they be faster than the current F1 cars? 

Nah, probably closer to F2 cars or something.

The livery editor is great, it's better than Forza's if you are familiar with that. It's also relatively easy to use, you're better off downloading liveries and decals from your phone or PC rather than in game though, it's just easier to find what you like this way. All you have to do is go to www.gran-turismo.com, log in, click on the community tab, then go to discover and search for what you want. Once you find something, just click 'add to collection' and it will appear in game right away.

You can also customize your helmet and suit using the same method.

6206251736756158976_23.jpg

Edited by MikeV1987, 07 March 2019 - 21:26.

#1097 messy

messy

• 3,404 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 21:50

The new Super Formula cars are brilliant, love them. Just did my first race in a field of them at Suzuka and had the time of my life over twenty laps pushing the thing through the esses and chasing the guy in front. Push, push, push, lean on all the grip, the downforce....was right up behind him and looking like an overtake was coming when I blew turn one and ran wide, before settling for P2.

#1098 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 1,800 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:32

And from April fool day onwards you will see the yellow penalty zones in the 'daily' races and i give that call a  :up:

#1099 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 5,739 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:33

Good update overall, but the clutch and shifter is completely screwed up now. Before this it was just the clutch that was garbage, but now you must upshift super slow or you risk missing a gear and going into neutral. It's the most ******** change I've ever seen them make so far, unbelievable.

I understand they needed to balance the shift times but this was the worst way to do it, the shifter is pretty much useless now.

Edited by MikeV1987, 30 March 2019 - 12:37.

Advertisement

#1100 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 9,537 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 20:52

The new Super Formula cars are brilliant, love them. Just did my first race in a field of them at Suzuka and had the time of my life over twenty laps pushing the thing through the esses and chasing the guy in front. Push, push, push, lean on all the grip, the downforce....was right up behind him and looking like an overtake was coming when I blew turn one and ran wide, before settling for P2.

Having the latest SF cars as well as the Super GT cars really brings back that unique Japanese feel to GT Sport that was so strong in the early games... It helps that both categories are probably the best driving in the game.