- - - - -

Gran Turismo Sport

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

#101 LBDN

LBDN

• 799 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:14

plus, if you go into the in game settings you can alter the steering sensitivity for the motion controller to suit your preference too.

Advertisement

#102 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 14:54

Well, I'm glad I didn't cave and buy this instore previously (at £49,99). Bought it today on PSN Black Friday sale for £24,99. (!!)

Bargain!

:)

#103 NixxxoN

NixxxoN

• 2,354 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 23:25

What's a motion controller?

My issue on ps4 is I cannot use the stick, I just can't, it's so unnatural. But that means my inputs are ham fisted, gas is on / off and so is braking and turning.

If you really like GT Sport and other similar games, I recommend you to buy a wheel. There are very good deals of Logitech G29 now in black friday

#104 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,069 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 23:40

Saved $200 on a G29 on amazon, only took 24 hours to get to my door. This thing has brought GTS to the next level.

Edited by MikeV1987, 24 November 2017 - 23:40.

#105 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 21:24

So. After 30 hours of downloading (!!) I could finally get into the game....

well, it's typical Gran Turismo:-

Test target time: 9:000sec. Achieved: 9:007 sec. "Aww..."

Test target time: 14:000 sec. Achieved:14:003 sec, "huh..really?!"

Target speed: 155mph. Achieved: 154.9mph. "JESUS F****NG CHRIST! YOU'RE TAKING THE F****NG P**S NOW!!!"

I always hated those damn tests!  ;)

Otherwise, I have to admit to being greatly disappointed with the amount of content (with regards to cars/tracks(including time-weather variations) in comparison to every previous GT game save the first. It will be interesting to see how much they will (be willing to) expand this.

Edited by Tony Mandara, 26 November 2017 - 21:26.

#106 LBDN

LBDN

• 799 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 21:32

Target speed: 155mph. Achieved: 154.9mph. "JESUS F****NG CHRIST! YOU'RE TAKING THE F****NG P**S NOW!!!"

Otherwise, I have to admit to being greatly disappointed with the amount of content (with regards to cars/tracks(including time-weather variations) in comparison to every previous GT game save the first. It will be interesting to see how much they will (be willing to) expand this.

The online racing element works very well especially with the safety ratings. Once you work yourself into the safer groups the racing is very good

#107 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,069 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 21:41

Sport Mode has been some of the best racing I've experienced, although most of my online racing experience comes from Forza Motorsport, so the bar wasn't set too high there.

Edited by MikeV1987, 26 November 2017 - 21:42.

#108 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 22:16

The later missions and tests are much more varied and interesting. Sport mode is worth a go and is not the nest of vipers most previous attempts at driving online proved to be for me.

Huge update coming in a few weeks with an old-gt style championship mode.

In the end it IS too thin on single player, but hopefully the new stuff will fill that out. 

#109 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 32,208 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 14:25

30 hours??? Jesus H what are you on, 80's dial up? 

#110 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,069 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 21:58

Might as well just go to the store and buy the disk, lol.

#111 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 23:17

Finally gold on the nurburgring circuit experience. I know I'm a noob but it was satisfying to nail it and complete all golds, and not by a fraction either, hooked it all up and was several seconds inside.

#112 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 20:04

6 hours to download what was basically in the demo (and thus playable after 6 hours...so, not much) and then 24 hours to download the rest of the game.
Ever downloaded something from PSN, Fisti? It would send you into a fit of apoplectic rage. We'd all be reading three pages of capital letters!

Actually... Go on! Do it! (I recommend the Dishonoured 2 free demo) I could do with a laugh!!

;)

#113 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 20:14

Might as well just go to the store and buy the disk, lol.

As previously stated, the disc in the store was/is £49.99. The digital version was £24.99. I'd have to be bat-s**t crazy (I'm talking 'MassiveG' levels of 'loony', here!) to pay that sort of price difference, to play one day earlier!*

;)

* I also didn't pay £30.00 more to play Battlefront 2 three days early, either! ;)  ;)

Edited by Tony Mandara, 28 November 2017 - 20:20.

#114 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 32,208 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 20:50

6 hours to download what was basically in the demo (and thus playable after 6 hours...so, not much) and then 24 hours to download the rest of the game.
Ever downloaded something from PSN, Fisti? It would send you into a fit of apoplectic rage. We'd all be reading three pages of capital letters!

Actually... Go on! Do it! (I recommend the Dishonoured 2 free demo) I could do with a laugh!!

;)

Yeah I have, many times, never takes more than 20 minutes. 

#115 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 21:33

A 50gb game download? Really?!

#116 messy

messy

• 3,959 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 21:44

I hate buying games off PSN these days.

*Wow, what a bargain, brilliant!!*
*No space. Have to delete about three games to fit it*
*24 hours later*

:(

Xbox Store seems far, far quicker.

#117 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 22:08

I don't get these bad download times either and I'm in NZ.. but on fibre so maybe that helps. maybe an hour for a big game I guess, few minutes for smaller fare.

#118 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 00:59

I had the same issues in the Netherlands as I'm having now in the UK with slow downloads.

..although I fear we may be drifting off topic..

:)

#119 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 32,208 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 14:48

I am not sure of the file sizes but the really big system downloads i just leave on overnight, no idea how long they take but I've downloaded about 10 games and no more than 20 mins. I am only on a 15mb/s dowload. 

Advertisement

#120 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 18:26

Ah, well, who knows eh?

Getting back to the game..

Why oh WHY have they gone back to the GT3 style of awarding prize cars? Having two race cars and a VGT car dangled in front of you... when you know full well it's going to award you with the Golf GTI.... It just seems cruel!

;)

#121 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:03

eheh if its any help you DO get the fancy pants cars sometimes ;)

#122 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 32,208 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 15:41

I can't stand that ****, just hate it. One thing about Project Cars is you have access to everything, if it works. 

#123 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 21:59

It is a bit silly, but GT gives away cars like candy, and you can buy most anything with the credits they also give away like candy. There is no grind whatsoever. If anything it LACKS progression which has been a lot of people's complaint.

Srsly you get a prize car every day for playing a few races. You get prize cars for finishing a group of tests. You get prize cars for circuit experiences. You get them for experience milestones. Etc.

#124 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 22:47

Got this in an insanely cheap Black Friday PS4 deal

And am finding the game very difficult to play with a controller, the cars are almost impossibly twitchy if they slide,l they just swap ends almost instantly

So you ahve to have tons of aids on to combat it

Cleary the game is trying to force you to buy a wheel as at the moment it is not really set up for controllers and driving with no aids as I normally do, especially in high powered cars.

Pretty poor considering I guess most players will not have wheels

#125 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:48

I'm confused by that.. I use TC and abs or stability as low as is car appropriate. No artificial aids like assists of course that is silly. And I just finished golding everything. If anything the game is too easy post 1.06 on controllers.

Any details on your setup we might help with? What have you changed? You are not going to drive high powered cars with no tc or abs, even the best players would struggle to do that on a controller. triggers and sticks just don't have the subtlety to do that.

Maybe use tc and abs on low settings and as you get used to it reduce? You can also change TC settings during laps using the d pad.

#126 messy

messy

• 3,959 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:41

And am finding the game very difficult to play with a controller, the cars are almost impossibly twitchy if they slide,l they just swap ends almost instantly

Cleary the game is trying to force you to buy a wheel as at the moment it is not really set up for controllers and driving with no aids as I normally do, especially in high powered cars.

Personally, I think GT Sport is (unlike Project CARS 2 and AC) absolutely fine with a controller. Like Forza, it's not specifically designed to be played with a wheel. Either a question of settings, or familiarity I think.

#127 NixxxoN

NixxxoN

• 2,354 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:56

The countersteering is harder to do with wheel, just saying.
Just use aids if you cant control the car without them.
Some cars are almost impossible to control without any aids. Try the LaFerrari with sport tyres...

Edited by NixxxoN, 01 December 2017 - 12:02.

#128 LBDN

LBDN

• 799 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 13:29

Try switching to using motion control. This game is by far the easiest game to use with a controller

#129 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,069 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 13:51

GTS is really good on the DS4, maybe it's just the player looking for something else to complain about.

Edited by MikeV1987, 01 December 2017 - 13:52.

#130 LBDN

LBDN

• 799 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 13:58

To be fair, everything Chunder posts is generally negative unless its about bikes. Considering this is by far and away the easiest console driving game with a controller ( at least using motion control ) to say it's difficult suggests it's more a user issue rather than the game.

#131 NixxxoN

NixxxoN

• 2,354 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 14:02

Personally, I think GT Sport is (unlike Project CARS 2 and AC) absolutely fine with a controller. Like Forza, it's not specifically designed to be played with a wheel. Either a question of settings, or familiarity I think.

I dont think that's true. I think its designed to be played with a wheel and then adapted to the controller in the best possible way. Polyphony digital has vast experience in this unlike the other two you mentioned.

#132 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 32,208 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 17:27

I found the same on PCARS until i found the controller setting page, there's a MILLION settings but googling uncovered the best options. Not sure if GTS has this  feature. 

Also driving style, with a controller your best bet is to brake exceedingly late, no gas or brake through the corner, as soon as she is straight mash the go pedal. To do this you need to have Decel lock at 0% so she rotates when off the brake and gas, but you need a bit of traction control and/or Acell lock to aid the fast exit. 

Don't try and feather the gas or drift brake, usually ends in tears. 

#133 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 20:58

I use light TC, the controller needs it, but I do feather the throttle

#134 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 23:02

Helpful stuff from some cretins above, spend your time writing about you want instead of reading everything I post you sad man.

Thanks for the other replies to the decent folk.

I normally play on PC with a wheel and am finding it pretty weird to play this game on a pad, it doesn't seem to really want to do anything like he other GT games do, just feels really odd.

And i am using the same button setups, just this feels awful compared to 6 or 5 using the same controllers.

No idea why, but am not that impressed so far.

Shame as the rest of the package is typically refined, well put together and nice.

And it also doesn't feel like a patch, in everything other than how it plays sadly.

#135 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 23:43

eheh if its any help you DO get the fancy pants cars sometimes ;)

Ah, well.... I was probably just smarting at the fact that I've now received 2x Lexus RC F, which in fairness might be quite good,... but BY LORD! are they ugly!!
Actually, just to prove me wrong... Today's daily workout gift car was a Zagato VGT. (Although IMHO..that's also butt-ugly!)

It's doing it purposely, just to make me look silly!  ;)  ;)

Edited by Tony Mandara, 01 December 2017 - 23:53.

#136 LBDN

LBDN

• 799 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 16:24

Helpful stuff from some cretins above, spend your time writing about you want instead of reading everything I post you sad man.

Thanks for the other replies to the decent folk.

I normally play on PC with a wheel and am finding it pretty weird to play this game on a pad, it doesn't seem to really want to do anything like he other GT games do, just feels really odd.

And i am using the same button setups, just this feels awful compared to 6 or 5 using the same controllers.

No idea why, but am not that impressed so far.

Shame as the rest of the package is typically refined, well put together and nice.
And it also doesn't feel like a patch, in everything other than how it plays sadly.

Is it not then that your just used to driving using a wheel?

#137 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,069 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:44

FWD cars are way too quick compared to the rest in Group 4 since the latest update. The Megane and Scirroco are pretty much the only cars I see in Gr4 sport mode races since those seem to be the two fastest cars in that group atm, the TT Cup is really quick too. 

Edited by MikeV1987, 04 December 2017 - 01:44.

#138 Currahee

Currahee

• 492 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 15:02

I've noticed a glitch while racing online.

Quite a few times I've had a clean race and don't get the credit. Anyone else have this problem. Quite annoying when you're going for 5 clean races in a row and on the 4th race you're back to square one.

#139 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,069 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 15:13

GT League should arrive tomorrow.

https://www.gran-tur...00_1113898.html

At the following time, we will perform maintenance on the 'Gran Turismo Sport' servers.
A new game update will also be available after the maintenance. 

Please note that during this time the online services, including [Sport Mode], will not be available.

[Day & Time]
22 December, 2017, 04:00 – 06:00 UTC
22 December, 2017, 04:00 – 06:00 GMT

* The above time is subject to change.

Advertisement

#140 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:06

Gotta love Sony

Bought a PS4 a month or so ago, and actually enjoying it, a real step up from the 3.

Got a bundle deal with GT sport, and quickly realised you can't play online at all without PS+ access. A real con in my eyes and every other owner I know doesn't bother. 

Now I had a PS3 when the hack happened in 2011. And if you recall Sony compensated every customer who was registered with PS+ for a month and a few other bits and bobs, free games etc.

Hot foot to 2017, get a free trial for 14 days in the bundle, and yes you guessed it, because Sony compensated me in 2011 coz THEY got hacked and this was a GIFT from them.  I now cant acesss my free trial for a few weeks over Xmas, something I was looking forward to and had saved the trial code for lol!

I know its not much, and I will likely pay to play eventually, but seems a bit poor PR for me.  50 quid a year simply to be able to play, Jeez.  I know you get some free stuff, but most of it's shite!

#141 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 21:17

Yeah it is very annoying, the whole needing psn/xbox live to play online. Sad Sony went there with the PS4.

#142 Currahee

Currahee

• 492 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:36

Server was down earlier. Still is for some. A joke that you can't do anything worthwhile while it's down. Its a joke and not been thought through properly.

#143 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:39

It is a but pathetic to tie a game so hugely with online connectivity

But be thankful for Polyphony, at least they don't rape their customers like Bungie did recently

They just release a half finished game for full price but then don't charge you extra for DLC that should have been there form the start!!

#144 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 9,326 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 19:05

Having to have a PS+ account to play online is one thing.(and a bone of contention for some) But not being able to save (because of their server problems) a game which you have bought, onto a machine which has a hard drive is unfathomable. Completely ridiculous.

#145 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 20:59

Yes it is a very bad idea and has bitten them right in the ass. I presume someone will get a slap and things will get changed :/

#146 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:08

For what its worth they fixed it.. apparently some system at PSN detected the huge volume of users as a DDOS attack and blocked them.

Very silly.

#147 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 20,594 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 21:01

I may buy a PS4 and play the latest game. My home office is not far from being able to move into - will put a pioneer plasma in there (its too dark for anywhere else and is good for games due to Plasma). Not sure how I'll get sound as I chucked the speakers out I think, and the amp for the TV will be in another room ... that is surround too, I guess I'll end up with mono, maybe loose a lot there ...

I feel a bit funny about buying a playstation because i always used my son's ones (which i bought for him of course). He's gone now so I will feel weird buying such a thing for myself.

Did you get a wheel Baddog? I have one, I hope it'll work with the latest GT. I used a stand that folded up, and it worked just fine in front of any comfy seat or even a chair. The stand was a lot less than the wheel ... its all still in storage but should be here within two weeks. 

#148 baddog

baddog

• 27,462 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 21:48

Older wheels mostly do not work with PS4 at all (not game specific, but fundamental to the console which sucks awfully when you bought a wheel for ps3 as I did!), but you can get a relatively simple device ( https://www.gtplanet...t-sport.358306/ ) to convert them. I too have a stand which remains so far unused with this game as I have my ps4 on my office desk so I can switch my monitor between that and the PC. I'm finding this maximises my actual play time far more than it being in the lounge.

Im a bit of a fan as I've logged hundreds of hours in this game.. if you want not total sim stuff, relatively 'fun' gameplay but with a great physics/driving model and accessible online I find it a sweet spot. For sound I'm using my PC razer USB headphones which worked plug and play, the sound is simply amazing, was always a a GT weak point but no more.

#149 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,629 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:40

Lol, I don't have a PS4, and will likely never buy one, and am basing my thoughts on what people on sim racing forums who play the same sorts of sims as me are saying.

If you like it fair enough, but don't have a pop at people who voice concerns about it, their opinion is as valid as yours, whether they have played it or not.  Doesn't make you right or me wrong.

Wat?!!!!

Here's my experience; The Internet is, unsurprisingly negative, lots of condescending people trying to sound like the worlds best sim racer and game developer all in one, criticise GTS from all angles and basically if I believed 10% of that fluff, I wouldn't buy the game. Then, my kids buy me the game for Christmas (I sense a duel motive but I digress   ;) ). Having played the game for approximately 12 hours now and had a bit of a gander at all aspects of it, off and online, I can say that it is without a shadow of a doubt the best driving simulation game I have ever played and there is a huge scope of content and racing options available. It is remarkable how each car feels so different, and with set ups that sensation multiplies several-fold. If people require greater realism than this, they really ought to try racing an actual car. I appreciate this is a subjective opinion but the notion that someone who hasn't played it can have a subjective opinion that is "equally valid", is ridiculous - particularly when those views are being formed by other peoples views which in many cases are other people who haven't played the game either. There is a phrase for that; The blind leading the blind. 

#150 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 13,629 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:45

Content for me always amazes me as to how much ****ing time do people have. I said this in regards to GT in the past with 60000 cars and now PCARS went all stupid with a massive library of cars, tracks and surfaces. All it does is dilute the experience as there's NO ****ing WAY they have the time nor money to get each car right on each surface. 

I agree. I think the amount of cars and tracks is a "phoney war" which GTS have had the good sense to walk away from and concentrate on quality rather than quantity. 

I guess there is no real harm from having lots of cars, but in terms of circuits, I'd rather be **** hot fast on 20 or so because I've pounded them and rather than not really knowing 200 inside out.