Photo

Thread assigned to wrong poster?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BRG

BRG

• 25,898 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 17:51

In the Technical forum, there is a thread http://forums.autosp...uspension-work/  which is now showing as started by me back in the heady days of 2000. 

I was surprised by this as

(a) I didn't recall starting this thread and

(b) I know how a torsion bar works. 

In fact, it was started by Nathan, whilst post #2 was by me.

What is going on?  Is this a very delayed result of the Millennium Bug??

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,775 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 18:36

We were surprised by it too! The thread had actually been consigned to the Archive long ago, so it shouldn't even have been possible for anyone other than a moderator to reactivate it. Even more weirdly, if you look at the time stamps on the thread, you'll see that your second post in it apparently precedes Nathan's! I can only guess that the OP was later edited (maybe for a typo?) and the metadata from that has somehow been transferred to the post time, the original having been lost in the ether. We have after all been through several software changes since then and ISTR similar things in other threads ...

#3 BRG

BRG

• 25,898 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 21:15

Oh well, I will just have to live with the shame of people thinking that I don't know how a torsion bar works.  :cool:

#4 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,429 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:53

Aliens do that sort of thing to mortals. Sport. ;-)

#5 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 13,725 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 14:09

I don't know how a torsion bar works, let alone even know what one is. Is it possible that I started the thread ? 

#6 BRG

BRG

• 25,898 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 17:20

With the current erratic performance of the forum software, it is quite possible that you started it without even knowing it.

But the OP does in fact seem to have been Nathan. Nevertheless, the actual thread is now full of interesting torsion bar related info, so get stuck in! :wave:

Edited by BRG, 06 December 2017 - 17:21.

#7 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,170 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 15:46

A similar kind of goofiness:

In the "Joni Mitchell" thread posted an encouragement to jonpollak to relate more stories of the kind he'd just posted, and a few minutes later, my post was suddenly shifted to prior to jon's.

There's a bug lurking.

Edited by Zmeej, 12 December 2017 - 15:47.