Help trace/identify a driver K. R. Moore 1958 Lotus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 56Lotus

56Lotus

• 55 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 22:01

I'm hoping the great minds of TNF can help with this

Due to some eagle eyes (thanks Charles) I've been given a lead to fill in a gap in the early history of my 1956 Lotus Eleven.  I've been sent a photo from the 1958 Brands Hatch boxing day meeting, in particular the Yuletide trophy.  It shows a rear shot of my car with the registration SAD 843.  On Racing Sports Cars the driver is listed as K. R. Moore but there is only the one record for him.

Looking at my collection of BARC yearbooks he wasn't a member.  The Brands meeting was run by the BRSCC.  Is there an archive of old members/drivers?

I've had a look through the Brands Hatch meetings listed on REVS but can't see anymore photo's.  It seems Mr Moore was definitely an also ran.

I've bought the corresponding Motorsport which has a few brief details in it and I'll get the race programme off Ebay but I'm not expecting much more detail from them.  I can't work out which edition of Autosport covered the boxing day meet.

https://www.motorspo...ebruary-1959/39

It's the picture in the top right corner and my Eleven is in the middle of the back row.  Anyone know who took the photo?

Does anyone know this old driver or have any other suggestions as to how to find out more?

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jon Adams