Photo

Web Site problems?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 underdog13

underdog13

• 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:16

It started a few days ago, pictures are not showing up on main page. If I click on a story the main photo is not visible, but pictures lower down on page are. Videos work fine. I am on a mid 2011 iMac on OS X El Capitan. I have cleared all cash and cookies. I also get an error message when I click on the contact link at the bottom of the home page.

Thanks

Advertisement

#2 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:18

We made an update to the way images load on the site a couple of weeks ago. They're "lazy loading" now meaning that the site only loads the images in your viewport.

What this should do is make the site load much more quickly, especially on the app. It should also mean that we're using less of your data on a long page with lots of images like our homepage - most people don't scroll down to the bottom of the site so we'll never load those images.

What it's actually doing is also making it so that images don't load about 1% of the time. This seems to be especially bad on Safari on Mac, so could you confirm which browser you're using?

#3 underdog13

underdog13

• 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:32

Thanks for the reply. 

I am on Safari on my mac. On my mobile which is an iPhone 7 plus the pictures load fine. The contact us link on both mobile and desktop isn't working, it say contact @autosport admin. I will try a windows PC as well

Thanks Again

#4 hansmann

hansmann

• 662 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:09

I have the same issue , Safari 9.1.3 on OSX Mavericks .

The images don't load at all .

This is an older browser, but still in use by a bunch of people .

Firefox works fine .

#5 underdog13

underdog13

• 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 14:35

I checked on a PC running google chrome and it was working fine, seems its a safari issue

#6 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,746 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:16

Anyone else experiencing wantmobi.bid is «taking over» the site? This has happened every single time I’m here lately. Extremely annoying.

#7 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,857 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:39

Anyone else experiencing wantmobi.bid is «taking over» the site? This has happened every single time I’m here lately. Extremely annoying.

That's possibly malware/adware at your end. Any decent adblocker will prevent wantmobi.bid from loading.

But without more details of the way you're accessing the site ...

http://forums.autosp...us-to-help-you/

#8 hansmann

hansmann

• 662 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:15

The images on the front page are working again ( Safari 9.1.3 ) , thanks for the fix !

#9 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:41

The images on the front page are working again ( Safari 9.1.3 ) , thanks for the fix !

Great - that's good to hear!

We put a fix in place on Friday but I wanted to see how that worked before saying anything...

If anyone's still having this problem, could you let me know?