Photo

Autosport Newsletter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pRy

pRy

• 26,320 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 16:47

Twice this week I've received an automated email from Autosport containing various news items. In the small print at the bottom of the emails it states: "You are receiving this email because you opted in to our Autosport Newsletter.". However I do not recall opting in to such a newsletter. Previous to these two emails, the last time I received an email from Autosport was 2013 regarding a readers survey.

Are you able to clarify how I've been added to a regular newsletter mailing list? Is it a glitch in the system?

Edited by pRy, 18 April 2018 - 16:47.

Advertisement

#2 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:03

The only way you should be added to the newsletter is if you've said yes to hearing from/about Autosport while signing up to the forums, Autosport Plus, an Autosport competition, etc. and you haven't opted out or unsubscribed since.

If you don't think that this is the case then let me know the E-mail address where you got the E-mail and I can as our Data Controller to look into this.

If you don't want to get the newsletter, there's an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each one. Or if you want to make sure that you don't get anything at all from us and that you can't be added back on any lists if you sign up again, I can add you to global suppression list. This wouldn't prevent service messages - eg. you've forgotten your forum password so you press the button to receive a reset link.

#3 pRy

pRy

• 26,320 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:12

I appreciate your comments. My point was I've gone from not receiving any automated emails from Autosport for five years to getting an email every 48 hours with no introduction or explanation as to what it is or why I'm suddenly receiving it. And what frustrated me was the email states:

"You are receiving this email because you opted in to our Autosport Newsletter."

I'm not aware of opting in to any "Autosport Newsletter". There is no option to opt in or out of a newsletter on the account management page that I can see. Just "promotional e-mails" which I'm guessing must have always been ticked.

I appreciate I probably sound ridiculously picky but it just felt a little unprofessional to me. Had the first news letter contained some information about what it is and why it's suddenly being emailed to me then fair enough. I'd have made a decision and opted out. But the email makes a claim I opted in to it. What's also confusing is it states it's a "Weekly Newsletter" yet I'm getting one every 48 hours. 

Perhaps you can pass the feedback on. Thankyou Greyson.

Edited by pRy, 21 April 2018 - 10:20.

#4 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 20:29

I’ve had 3 emails in the past week and hadn’t had any in years definitely haven’t signed up for the newsletter either

#5 Barty

Barty

• 2,092 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 17:42

I’ve had 3 emails in the past week and hadn’t had any in years definitely haven’t signed up for the newsletter either

Dito.