Photo

Half A Century Of Speed - Aust. Motor Sport Photos 1905 to 1950s

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HKTGLee

HKTGLee

• 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:56

I purchased "Half A Century of Speed" by Barry Lake recently from a long time diecast model car collector who purchased it the year it was released (1998). It was sealed in it's plastic wrapper and had never been opened or read. I thought it was a book about Holden racing (don't ask me why - clearly I didn't read it properly)!

Upon opening I was amazed with the content. I have not 'read' the book as such and it is basically still and 'as new' copy. It has only been gently flicked through and is in pristine condition. I am selling because while it is a fabulous book, it would be best be suited to someone who can enjoy it more fully or someone else who wants to hold it for investment.

From the inside of the book it seems that a total of 800 of these books were printed in three limited edition runs of 100, 300 and 400. The one we have is the Top Gear Leather Bound edition of 300 - this one is hand-signed at 136. I've seen them on ebay and online ranging in price from $390 to $890 and $2000 for a copy of the red bound 100 edition.

I've put it on ebay with a starting bid of $199. I wanted to post it here as it seems this forum might have some interested punters.

The link is: https://www.ebay.com...984.m1555.l2649 or just search ebay using the book title.

I am collecting a limited range of Holden memorabilia including trying to build up complete sets of 1:43 through to 1:18 diecast Monaros which is how I stumbled upon this book. My lotto dream is first to win it and then to buy a 1968 Monaro and live happily ever after!!!