Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Formula E Season 5 [2018/2019]: Official Thread

• Please log in to reply
1153 replies to this topic

Poll: Formula E Season 5 [2018/2019]: Official Thread (92 member(s) have cast votes)

What are you looking forward the most for S5?

1. New cars, proper speed! (62 votes [67.39%])

Percentage of vote: 67.39%

2. Felipe Massa's electric debut (8 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

3. Boost Mode in action (1 votes [1.09%])

Percentage of vote: 1.09%

4. An underdog's win (4 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

5. New drivers, more cars (17 votes [18.48%])

Percentage of vote: 18.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1151 Vielleicht

Vielleicht

• 3,277 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 23:03

Wasn't a fan of the location of the Attack mode activation in Hong Kong, but didn't seem like there was anywhere else really to put it. I preferred the zone in Marrakech and Mexico, so glad to see Sanya will be more like them. 

I've been flying the flag for Formula E for a while now trying to get my dad and others to watch it, even getting my toddler to say "Ready Steady Go" at the start. He's at the point where he gets excited and says "racing cars!!" when I put FE on, and my dad is coming round to it after sitting through Marrakech and Mexico. Successful so far... I think.

Was a bit underwhelmed by Hong Kong, but hoping for a bit better in Sanya and for the Mahindras to come back strong.

Hello from me as well! Always nice to have new names about these pages.

Also fills me with hope and joy to hear of you toddler being exited by the sight of FE cars :)

I'm cautiously optimistic about Sanya, looks very much like a Marrakesh kind of deal on the circuit design so here's hoping.

Edited by Vielleicht, 19 March 2019 - 23:04.

Advertisement

#1152 SKL

SKL

• 993 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:20

I'm sorry-  I've really tried to watch, but the sound is like fingernails on a chalk board.  As a long time Porsche driver (and fan)  I've tried to get interested since they're headed there next year.   After a lap or two, it is off to Netflix for anything.   I'd rather watch a shifterkart race on Velocity  (or whatever they call it now)....

If this is the future of motorsports,   I'm glad I'm in the "senior" group  who started watching F1, etc back in the mid to late 60's.

#1153 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 2,277 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:25

I'm sorry- I've really tried to watch, but the sound is like fingernails on a chalk board. As a long time Porsche driver (and fan) I've tried to get interested since they're headed there next year. After a lap or two, it is off to Netflix for anything. I'd rather watch a shifterkart race on Velocity (or whatever they call it now)....
If this is the future of motorsports, I'm glad I'm in the "senior" group who started watching F1, etc back in the mid to late 60's.

Generally don’t think 2 laps is enough to get into any series. But hey, it’s your call.

Personally, I feel lucky to be able to witness the birth of mainstream EV racing in real time. This kind of thing doesn’t happen often.

#1154 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 2,277 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:40

Nissan might be doing some interesting things with its gearbox (Epicyclic gear arrangement and maybe flywheel mimicking features)
https://e-racing365....san-powertrain/

“Another area which may also have been looked into is aspects of the powertrain that may mimic a flywheel type device which could store and distribute energy.

Energy stored outside the RESS is prohibited in the rules. Additionally, any additional power coming via stored energy cannot, by regulation, go through or back through the power sensor from the supplied RESS.

It can also not be counted in the 52 kWh of usable energy or the power range of 200, 225 or 250 kW limits.”

This has me very curious. I want to know more.