Photo
- - - - -

Sky to broadcast F1 exclusively in UK from 2019 [UPDATE: C4 highlights for 2019]

• Please log in to reply
2225 replies to this topic

#1801 Garndell

Garndell

• 863 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 23:16

He heard what he heard and repeated it - but he also thought it was odd and did question whether he had heard it right. What more do you want him to do? Hear something like that and not say anything until he's verified the information?

(I can't believe I'm defending the guy now)

Although he did say Leclerc had lost his turbo, got "corrected" by others then went right back to "it's the turbo".  Sometimes he's denser than a neutron star.  He's probably a great guy but I can't stand his "Shouty McShoutface" style.

Advertisement

#1802 ChiliFan

ChiliFan

• 176 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 23:22

I'm 100% sure that it's down to some producer directive to increase drama by highlighting conflict, that's eventually reached lowest common denominator.

This is very noticeable in the driver interviews too, always asking loaded questions and trying to stir up some drama between teammates.

#1803 CL16

CL16

• 1,139 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:35

A little bird told me the first 6 races will be on sky one

#1804 SonGoku

SonGoku

• 3,644 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 18:26

Although he did say Leclerc had lost his turbo, got "corrected" by others then went right back to "it's the turbo".  Sometimes he's denser than a neutron star.  He's probably a great guy but I can't stand his "Shouty McShoutface" style.

Croft is as clueless as the guy next to you watching his first race. He has access where others only can dream of, but no extra information or understanding from Croft. Even radio messages ''Bottas is cocky'' is too hard for him. Embarrassing.

#1805 jimjimjeroo

jimjimjeroo

• 2,103 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 18:29

Sky is actually taking the piss now. I have paid for sky F1 since day 1 and still do so. Now they are giving it away on Sky One.

#1806 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 702 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 18:32

Sky is actually taking the piss now. I have paid for sky F1 since day 1 and still do so. Now they are giving it away on Sky One.

Not every session is it?

Plus sky have always taken the piss, and will continue to do so forever more.

#1807 Clatter

Clatter

• 35,822 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 19:33

You don't get it free as part of the legacy package?

#1808 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 8,341 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 22:32

The audio was crap on the Indycar feed yet seems to have been ok on NBC

#1809 pdac

pdac

• 8,262 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 00:04

:)

#1810 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,274 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 00:50

The audio was crap on the Indycar feed yet seems to have been ok on NBC

Yes it was fine here in that backwater called Amerika.
One wonders how they could screw it up as all the other world feed takers had no issue at all.

Sky: believe in bullschitt
Jp

#1811 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 5,964 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 19:23

I hate Sky with a passion  since day zero when  they emasculated the sattelite industry in the UK back in the 80s. ..Back then Eurosport was free to air on Astra....I loved those Squarials BSBs too!

#1812 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 878 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 19:33

Sky must be quite desperate to attract new subscribers. I wonder how long before they ask to renegotiate their contract?

I hate Sky with a passion  since day zero when  they emasculated the sattelite industry in the UK back in the 80s. ..Back then Eurosport was free to air on Astra....I loved those Squarials BSBs too!

You and I clearly both remember.

Though Sky is now a different organisation. Murdoch is gone and I hear from within that Comcast are a better organisation. Please note, however, that my contact within Sky has nothing to do with F1, sport or selection of TV programming in general. 

#1813 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 5,964 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 19:48

Sure Sky is miles different  30 odd years down the line. But I will never ever forget the beginnings when Satellite was then sold as a cheap alternative free to air broadcast media. the likes of BBC and ITV.I also remember a Chanel on Astra you could watch movies 24. 7..

Gradually it all got scrambled  and you had to pay for it hey!

#1814 Collombin

Collombin

• 4,555 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 20:03

Wish you meant Indycar instead of F1 😟

I can't hate Sky too much as long as they still give us NFL Redzone for free though.

#1815 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 878 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 20:24

Sure Sky is miles different  30 odd years down the line. But I will never ever forget the beginnings when Satellite was then sold as a cheap alternative free to air broadcast media. the likes of BBC and ITV.I also remember a Chanel on Astra you could watch movies 24. 7..

Gradually it all got scrambled  and you had to pay for it hey!

What galls me....still galls me all these years later....is that Sky lied. They said Sky 1 and other channels were and would remain free. They said there would only be a small handful of PPV shows....truly special events such as world title boxing matches and major rock concerts. One of the first PPV events in the UK was a Genesis concert broadcast in 1992. I phoned Sky some weeks in advance in an attempt to buy a pass for the concert (being a Genesis fan) only to be told that not only did I need to pay a fee for the concert (£10 if memory serves) but I'd also need buy a 12 month subscription to the channel it was on. Needless to say I was unimpressed. In those days the picture was scrambled and the audio was not...so I just recorded the audio to cassette....along with the BBC FM broadcast of another Genesis concert a few days later. 

Can you imagine it...whole 3 hour rock concert broadcast free on the radio? Not a "Special 70 minute live from BBC theatre" but a regular tour date from Earls Court. We don't get stuff like that now. And we don't get sports either. Or recent movies.

Progress....because of the attitude that says "Oh I'll pay because that's the way it's going". 

It's interesting if Sky really are offering the first six grands prix on Sky 1. On one hand it is their MO....get people hooked so that sufficient numbers of viewers feel they must subscribe in order to complete viewing a series they've started. But I'd be pretty upset if I'd bought a subscription before the season only to find that almost a third of the races didn't require it. In fact I'd be requesting a refund.

Edited by absinthedude, 07 April 2019 - 20:27.

#1816 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,448 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:45

I have been reading a dissertation done by someone twenty years ago about government broadcasting policy between 1978 and 1992. I was surprised that there was a plan to connect the whole country up to cable TV.

I think satellite has improved with initially the BBC going unencrypted followed by the other main broadcasters.

#1817 pdac

pdac

• 8,262 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 14:02

I have been reading a dissertation done by someone twenty years ago about government broadcasting policy between 1978 and 1992. I was surprised that there was a plan to connect the whole country up to cable TV.

I think satellite has improved with initially the BBC going unencrypted followed by the other main broadcasters.

From what I remember of the time, the government dug up every road to lay fibre-optic cable as they saw this as the future for broadcasting and information technology (who would have thought that a government would have such foresight) But all that happened was (initially) a telephone service to rival BT, followed a while later by cable TV (provided by Cable & Wireless, who turned into NTL, who turned into Virgin Media).

My brother worked for them (Cable & Wireless and then NTL) and I remember asking him at the time whether they were going to provide internet via cable modems (the US were already well into rolling that technology out and I had a dial-up internet service at the time). He said that the company were only interested in telephone and cable TV.

What did surprise me, many years later, is that they are laying new fibre to provide modern broadband services.

Of course, Sky have grown and either bought their rivals out (BSB) or put them out of business (On Digital), or just kept them in check (Virgin).

Anyway, I've now programmed the box for Sky One for quali and race. Happy that it's there, but would have preferred the C4 team providing the live coverage.

#1818 BRG

BRG

• 16,958 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 17:11

.....followed a while later by cable TV (provided by Cable & Wireless, who turned into NTL, who turned into Virgin Media).

Pah!  Newbies.  My cable was put in by NyNex, who turned into something else, then C&W etc.

I also hate Sky so I am very happy to be getting the races FOC through Sky One and I hope their subscribers give them merry hell.

#1819 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 878 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 17:21

Yes indeed, the government had pretty much the entire nation cabled up in the early/mid 90s...and you can still see the scars in pavements and roads today. It even took some persuasion that the cable should be fibre and not copper. In the end the government took good advice from people telling them that digital data and not analogue TV signals was going to be the future. I was studying physics at university at the time and one of my lecturers had some insight/knowledge into what was going on. 

Prior to that, only small pockets of the UK had any sort of access to cable TV....basically where the broadcast signal was too poor. My relatives near Dover had a Rediffusion setup, and my recollection is that they paid rental for the TV but didn't pay for TV channels. Nothing other than BBC1, BBC2 and ITV was available. I do recall being in Hastings in the mid 80s, attending a professional snooker match which was broadcast on a local cable station available only in Hastings I think......the commentator was Screaming Lord Sutch :)

Advertisement

#1820 Clatter

Clatter

• 35,822 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 18:10

Yes indeed, the government had pretty much the entire nation cabled up in the early/mid 90s...and you can still see the scars in pavements and roads today. It even took some persuasion that the cable should be fibre and not copper. In the end the government took good advice from people telling them that digital data and not analogue TV signals was going to be the future. I was studying physics at university at the time and one of my lecturers had some insight/knowledge into what was going on.

Prior to that, only small pockets of the UK had any sort of access to cable TV....basically where the broadcast signal was too poor. My relatives near Dover had a Rediffusion setup, and my recollection is that they paid rental for the TV but didn't pay for TV channels. Nothing other than BBC1, BBC2 and ITV was available. I do recall being in Hastings in the mid 80s, attending a professional snooker match which was broadcast on a local cable station available only in Hastings I think......the commentator was Screaming Lord Sutch :)

Entire nation cabled? Sorry, but I really don't think that is correct. Major towns and cities might have been done, but us rural dwellers are still waiting. The towns 2 miles down the road were done, but wasnt considered economic to put a bit more cable to our village. Im sure that's the same over much of the UK.

#1821 BRG

BRG

• 16,958 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 18:12

Yes indeed, the government had pretty much the entire nation cabled up in the early/mid 90s...and you can still see the scars in pavements and roads today.

Was it the government?  Seems unlikely given that British governments are still under the impression that Queen Victoria is still on the throne.  Wasn't it rather that one of the outcomes of all the privatisation removed the dead hand of BT and allowed private companies to start to compete? 

I was familiar with NYNEX from the visits to New York at the time and so I was pleased to hear that they were going to do my road. But I never heard a dickie bird from them, until one day someone knocked on the door and said it was my last chance to change my mind about getting hooked up.  I pointed out that no-one had ever contacted me and it transpired that I had been in New York at the time and my neighbour had helpfully told them that I was always away and anyway wouldn't be interested.  Thanks, neighbour! 

#1822 pdac

pdac

• 8,262 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 18:54

Was it the government?  Seems unlikely given that British governments are still under the impression that Queen Victoria is still on the throne.  Wasn't it rather that one of the outcomes of all the privatisation removed the dead hand of BT and allowed private companies to start to compete? 

I was familiar with NYNEX from the visits to New York at the time and so I was pleased to hear that they were going to do my road. But I never heard a dickie bird from them, until one day someone knocked on the door and said it was my last chance to change my mind about getting hooked up.  I pointed out that no-one had ever contacted me and it transpired that I had been in New York at the time and my neighbour had helpfully told them that I was always away and anyway wouldn't be interested.  Thanks, neighbour! 

Yes, I remember now. Originally, it was Mercury (providing just telephone), but they merged with Nylex (and some others) to form Cable and Wireless (then sold a while later to NTL, who were the ones seriously interested in cable TV only).

#1823 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 1,387 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 20:34

Yes, I remember now. Originally, it was Mercury (providing just telephone), but they merged with Nylex (and some others) to form Cable and Wireless (then sold a while later to NTL, who were the ones seriously interested in cable TV only).

I think the company history is more like a piece of knotted cable. Cable and Wireless existed way back, before WW2. I worked for them in the late sixties and early seventies (chased and captured Mrs Sterzo there). They were laying transatlantic cables and setting up telephone systems in countries that didn't have them. Mercury was a brand name used by Cable and Wireless for some services.

I believe that in the nineties, Nynex and rival firm Telewest installed the UK cable services, subsequently bought by Cable and Wireless.  They later sold the network on to NTL, who passed it on to Virgin. Meanwhile, a troubled Cable and Wireless split, the two parts ultimately being absorbed by Vodafone and, wait for it, Liberty Global.

As an aside, Huntingdon was another town with cable analogue TV, free channels only, from about 1962. Passing mopeds no longer interfered with the TV signal.

Are we still on topic? Nurse...?

#1824 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 878 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:55

The government awarded Cable and Wireless a contract to cable something like 75% of UK streets. It was a government scheme to see that the country was ready for both cable TV and the "information superhighway". I think started in the last Thatcher years but actually completed under Major. 

But...getting back on topic....It's curious that Sky are offering more races on Sky 1...which isn't free but is included in many cable/sat packages. One must assume that they are nowhere near the number of subscriptions to the F1 channel in order to break even on their investment. Good.

#1825 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 702 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:05

https://www.skysport...00th-grand-prix

Notebook confirmed for 13 races. Only the post race one it seems though, nothing for Quali

Looks like it’s a case of ‘****, we better do a bit of the notebook to avoid a shitstorm + folk asking about it on every twitter post by us or any of the team’

#1826 pdac

pdac

• 8,262 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:10

The government awarded Cable and Wireless a contract to cable something like 75% of UK streets. It was a government scheme to see that the country was ready for both cable TV and the "information superhighway". I think started in the last Thatcher years but actually completed under Major. 

But...getting back on topic....It's curious that Sky are offering more races on Sky 1...which isn't free but is included in many cable/sat packages. One must assume that they are nowhere near the number of subscriptions to the F1 channel in order to break even on their investment. Good.

Or, perhaps, they gave non-binding commitments in regard to audience figures and they are just trying to fudge the numbers by getting a few more 'Sky' viewers on board. Also, I suspect there may be one or two that will watch the first 3 (or is it 6 now) races and get hooked enough to take out a contract or buy Now TV passes for the rest of the season.

Edit: I wouldn't be too surprised to see some more deals becoming available soon (perhaps for existing Sky customers only)

Edited by pdac, 09 April 2019 - 10:11.

#1827 jimjimjeroo

jimjimjeroo

• 2,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:20

You don't get it free as part of the legacy package?

Yeah I do lol Forgot about that and I get 40% off

#1828 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,448 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:01

For those interested in the broadcasting policy in the UK, the following long link will download the pdf file.

https://www.google.c...d=1554811181413

#1829 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,448 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:03

BTW, is SkySports F1 on Virgin? If so what's the cost?

#1830 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 1,387 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 13:23

BTW, is SkySports F1 on Virgin? If so what's the cost?

Yes you can add it. The cost isn't shown on the Virgin website, so I got a quote a few minutes ago. I'm a Virgin subscriber and have an extra large bundle. (Most people are impressed).

To add Sky Sports F1 would cost £31.75 per month, on a rolling monthly contract, for Standard Definition. High Definition (which is what C4 gives me) would be £38.75 per month.

Because I'm a very special customer like no other, they'd give me a reduced price of £15.87 (SD) or £22.87 (HD) for the first six months only.

I would guess the big advantage of the rolling monthly contract is that Sky can put up the price at a month's notice.

#1831 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 878 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 14:01

£38.75 a month....that's £465 a year. And people say the license fee which pays for everything the BBC can throw at us in terms of TV, radio and internet is a bad deal....

#1832 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 1,387 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 14:22

£38.75 a month....that's £465 a year. And people say the license fee which pays for everything the BBC can throw at us in terms of TV, radio and internet is a bad deal....

Yes, and I've just read an article about the 20 Greatest British Sitcoms (not involving Ted Kravitz), of which 2 are from Channel 4, and 18 from the BBC, and none from the other 210 channels on my telly.

#1833 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,448 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 17:23

To add Sky Sports F1 would cost £31.75 per month, on a rolling monthly contract, for Standard Definition. High Definition (which is what C4 gives me) would be £38.75 per month.

Jesus Christ!

#1834 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 20,839 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 19:45

Jesus Christ!

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

#1835 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 1,064 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 20:02

Yes you can add it. The cost isn't shown on the Virgin website, so I got a quote a few minutes ago. I'm a Virgin subscriber and have an extra large bundle. (Most people are impressed).

Because I'm a very special customer like no other, they'd give me a reduced price of £15.87 (SD) or £22.87 (HD) for the first six months only.

I would guess the big advantage of the rolling monthly contract is that Sky can put up the price at a month's notice.

You need to speak to customer services, £22 per month for all Sky Sports channels.

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/

I currently pay £15 per month for Sky Sports, all channels with F1 in UHD via Sky Q. I'd seriously advise you to give them a call to renegotiate your current deal.

#1836 Garndell

Garndell

• 863 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 21:04

You need to speak to customer services, £22 per month for all Sky Sports channels.

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/

I currently pay £15 per month for Sky Sports, all channels with F1 in UHD via Sky Q. I'd seriously advise you to give them a call to renegotiate your current deal.

Sky charges a rather large fee for Virgin Media to carry Sky Sports, that's the main reason why it's priced so high.  There's a lot of animosity between the companies, Liberty might be able to cool that when the next contract comes up for renewal.

#1837 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 1,064 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 21:27

Sky charges a rather large fee for Virgin Media to carry Sky Sports, that's the main reason why it's priced so high. There's a lot of animosity between the companies, Liberty might be able to cool that when the next contract comes up for renewal.

I had Virgin Media for a short while about a decade ago and binned it very quickly.

I don't think Sky's prices are unreasonable when all said and done. I quite simply look at it as if I enjoy it, it's worth it. So I get my value for money, but can easily understand other people's opinions.

#1838 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 5,299 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:55

I had Virgin Media for a short while about a decade ago and binned it very quickly.

I don't think Sky's prices are unreasonable when all said and done. I quite simply look at it as if I enjoy it, it's worth it. So I get my value for money, but can easily understand other people's opinions.

Considering how much it costs to actually visit a sporting event, then it's not a bad deal, especially if with the discounted packages.

60 pound to see a football match?

500 quid plus for a weekend GP ticket?

#1839 pdac

pdac

• 8,262 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:37

Considering how much it costs to actually visit a sporting event, then it's not a bad deal, especially if with the discounted packages.

Why are you trying to compare apples with oranges? Watching on TV is not the same as visiting, so you cannot compare the price of the two.

Advertisement

#1840 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 1,387 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 15:46

Considering how much it costs to actually visit a sporting event, then it's not a bad deal...

Considering how much it costs to actually watch a large part of the race on TV with a better commentary team, then it's a very bad deal.

#1841 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 878 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 16:19

I've just bought a year's membership to my local jazz/blues club. £89 for the year. That gets me £5 entry maximum to all gigs, two a month (at least) are free to members and there's a members only summer blues programme included in the price. A year of "free" or cheap live music from recognised bands/artists. 

F1 is poor value for money and I cannot see sufficient people forking out even £22 a month. Christ that's over £260 a year when the TV license is only £150. And I bet the very same people complain about the cost of the TV licence which gives us everything the BBC can offer. Murdoch really did trumpet that message when he was trying to get 100% control of Sky.

#1842 Counterbalance

Counterbalance

• 1,064 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 16:56

I've just bought a year's membership to my local jazz/blues club. £89 for the year. That gets me £5 entry maximum to all gigs, two a month (at least) are free to members and there's a members only summer blues programme included in the price. A year of "free" or cheap live music from recognised bands/artists.

F1 is poor value for money and I cannot see sufficient people forking out even £22 a month. Christ that's over £260 a year when the TV license is only £150. And I bet the very same people complain about the cost of the TV licence which gives us everything the BBC can offer. Murdoch really did trumpet that message when he was trying to get 100% control of Sky.

I don't complain about paying my TV licence or £15 a month for Sky Sports. Like most things in life, if you want a service, you pay for it. I don't get all the Croft hate, either. Sure, he can get annoying at times, but I can't remember the last time a commentator on the flagship F1 broadcasting channel didn't get complained about.

You have to take into consideration that we're hardcore F1 fans, and our expectations may be somewhat higher than the casual F1 viewer who likes to watch the race on a Sunday afternoon and no more.

Edited by Counterbalance, 10 April 2019 - 17:01.

#1843 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 1,387 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 21:51

Like most things in life, if you want a service, you pay for it.

And for many years that meant paying a licence fee and getting all kinds of TV including good F1 coverage. Was the sport dying for lack of TV revenues? Were the teams crying out for more revenue by having pay TV? Here's what Ferrari boss de Montezemolo was saying about the subject in 2001. "I'm totally against the possibility of subscription TV. I can never accept this...  I will never accept that you are obliged to pay a television rate to watch a Formula 1 race - that's against the future of F1."

No, what's changed is that certain people have found a way to screw vast sums out of it, essentially through exploiting a monopoly. It's probably not reversible in the short or medium term, but as some of the public in "public opinion," it makes sense that we should make our views known.

#1844 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 5,964 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 14:23

I am cheap. I have zero intention ever visiting a grand Prix. A hot rod event in a stadium?..Yeah!..Back in the day when the RAC rally was a whole  week long  :eek:  ..YES!

#1845 absinthedude

absinthedude

• 878 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 14:19

I've been to see on F1 grand prix. Not only cost, but the spousal unit isn't especially enthusiastic about attending. And I don't drive....funnily enough motor racing circuits are not served well by public transport....

I've been to a few sportscar races back when my dad was alive (see my avatar for an example). But that's not comparable to watching on TV. Though I'd argue that the cost of a grand prix ticket is also too high....one cannot compare the price of a ticket to an an actual event with the cost of watching from one's sofa. And as for £500....a general admission ticket for all 3 days at Silverstone this year is £190 for level 3 (whatever level 3 is). When I have been to Silverstone (1xGP, 2x sportscars) I've always found general admission is best anyway. Take your own folding chair and have a potter around the circuit a few hours before the action begins. 

#1846 Clatter

Clatter

• 35,822 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 16:36

I've been to see on F1 grand prix. Not only cost, but the spousal unit isn't especially enthusiastic about attending. And I don't drive....funnily enough motor racing circuits are not served well by public transport....

I've been to a few sportscar races back when my dad was alive (see my avatar for an example). But that's not comparable to watching on TV. Though I'd argue that the cost of a grand prix ticket is also too high....one cannot compare the price of a ticket to an an actual event with the cost of watching from one's sofa. And as for £500....a general admission ticket for all 3 days at Silverstone this year is £190 for level 3 (whatever level 3 is). When I have been to Silverstone (1xGP, 2x sportscars) I've always found general admission is best anyway. Take your own folding chair and have a potter around the circuit a few hours before the action begins. 

The gold level stands are currently £340, would have been a bit cheaper with early bird booking, so the £500 is closer to the Club Silverstone booking. When I used to attend I always went for a grandstand seat. This allowed you to roam the other grandstands Fri and Sat, and a guaranteed seat for the race. With GA you needed to get in very early to pick one of the prime positions.

#1847 Clatter

Clatter

• 35,822 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 16:37

Whilst its not cheap you don't need to spend £500 even for a grandstand seat.

#1848 tomjol

tomjol

• 857 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 16:52

I am cheap. I have zero intention ever visiting a grand Prix. A hot rod event in a stadium?..Yeah!..Back in the day when the RAC rally was a whole  week long  :eek:  ..YES!

Santa Pod is a great weekend for the big events, well worth a go, nice and cheap, hard to miss any action  :)

#1849 Jordan44

Jordan44

• 8,199 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:32

Ted has had a huge impact to the coverage this weekend. Tons of information while the others just burble journalistic nonsense.

Him and Martin are head and shoulders above the others.

Scott Young should be ashamed of himself for the decision he made.

#1850 F1 Mike

F1 Mike

• 664 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:48

I still think the overall product on sky is getting worse & worse. I can't believe how awful the F1 Show has become. It's just terrible television. If it was a show on any other channel it would be axed if there was anyone sane in charge.