Photo

Tom Pryce Exhibition

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 john aston

john aston

• 2,682 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:41

Couldn't find a thread on this so...I saw on TenTenths that a Tom Pryce exhibition will be on display at Denbigh museum this Autumn. It's only open for short afternoon sessions  as , like so many similar sites, it is now run by volunteers. We are en route to Llleyn Peninsula in ten days and my contact at Denbigh CC has very kindly arranged an early opening for us .

I will report back . 

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,592 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 16:34

It’s open between 2pm and 4pm Monday to Thursday, or by appointment, until 1st October:

http://www.denbighsh...r-of-tom-pryce/

#3 DN5

DN5

• 463 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 19:47

Thanks for this.

Looks like a trip to Denbigh this month is needed.

#4 john aston

john aston

• 2,682 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 17:31

Thoroughly enjoyed the visit . Low key a la Jim Clark Rooms , but trophies and various Pryce related items , now including a programme from my collection. I think it is now open until November -but do check . PM me for details of contact.    

#5 DN5

DN5

• 463 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 19:21

I am going next week and have made contact about the visit.

Seeing as John has lent something maybe I suppose I should mention something they might like if it is ever rerun it.

#6 Jagjon

Jagjon

• 146 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:36

Denbigh Museum. Grove Road. Denbigh.  Tom Pryce Exhibition.

The  Tom Pryce exhibition  about his life and events, with photographs, articles, trophies etc  will continue for another month at least, it would be good to make it a more permanent exhibition  considering he was one of the few Welshmen to make it into  F1  and I am not ignoring the  ones from earlier  GP days.

It will continue to open  until the end of October  & maybe longer if there is enough response,  on Monday & Thursday  2.00 to 4.00 pm* or other times by request  by contacting  email: gwyneth.kensler@denbighshire.gov.uk    or 07792 315723. (* ie 14.00 to 16.00)

#7 DN5

DN5

• 463 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:39

I went yesterday and it was well worth the trip. There was a welsh language video that featured Tom and the Token which was new to me (Gwyneth kindly provided translations as I do not speak the lingo).

#8 Jagjon

Jagjon

• 146 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 00:38

I went yesterday and it was well worth the trip. There was a welsh language video that featured Tom and the Token which was new to me (Gwyneth kindly provided translations as I do not speak the lingo).

Tom Pryce Exhibition.

I went again today taking  another friend who did not know it was on, & to see the videos which I had missed on the first visit.

Just to up date that this exhibition continues  if people visit   that is until it ends!

If people continue to visit then  the volunteers at the Denbigh museum will  try to keep it available as  in previous visiting  by appointment or Monday & Thursdays 2pm to 4 pm.Denbigh Museum. Grove Road. Denbigh.  

The  Tom Pryce exhibition  about his life and events, with photographs, articles, trophies etc  will continue for another month at least, it would be good to make it a more permanent exhibition.

Monday & Thursday  2.00 to 4.00 pm* or other times by request  by contacting  email: gwyneth.kensler@denbighshire.gov.uk    or 07792 315723. (* ie 14.00 to 16.00)

#9 DN5

DN5

• 463 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 21:44

https://www.autospor...tue-in-hometown

From main Autosport site and follows the success of the exhibition

Slightly surprised that the Ruthin memorial was not referenced

#10 Jagjon

Jagjon

• 146 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 21:14

https://www.autospor...tue-in-hometown

From main Autosport site and follows the success of the exhibition

Slightly surprised that the Ruthin memorial was not referenced

It is in the museum,  I thought they might make the museum exhibition more permanent.