Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Which 2019 change are you most excited for?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: Most exciting prospect for 2019? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Which change for 2019 are you most excited for?

1. Vettel vs Leclerc at Ferrari (38 votes [27.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.14%

2. Norris debut at McLaren (4 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

3. Verstappen vs Gasly (2 votes [1.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.43%

4. Redbull Honda - Can Honda finally deliver (23 votes [16.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.43%

5. Raikkonen back at Sauber (17 votes [12.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.14%

6. Can Stroll prove his doubters wrong in a ‘no excuses’ car (1 votes [0.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.71%

7. Daniel Ricciardo at Renault (7 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

8. Simpler front wings/aero tweaks (36 votes [25.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

9. New driver weight rule changes (3 votes [2.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

10. Cashless Williams mounting a fight back (2 votes [1.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.43%

11. Kvyat (potentially) in the 3rd chance saloon at Toro Rosso (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

12. Something else (post in comments) (7 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,873 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 21:35

Plenty changing up and down the grid next year, a proper shuffle of the pack for once in a while. Which element most excites you? Should be a fascinating year next year!

Advertisement

#2 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,194 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 21:37

What Alonso does.
Jp

#3 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 6,121 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 22:26

I was going to say "Stroll proving his doubters wrong" but then I realized that nothing short of winning the WDC in a 3 wheeled ox-cart (with Honda power) would have any influence on that gang. Instead I picked Kimi at Sauber, because I genuinely think it will be a fun experience both for Kimi and F1 fans.

#4 Kev00

Kev00

• 4,656 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 22:32

I’m hoping the new aero regs make things a bit better but I doubt it. And seen as Alonso and Vandoorne are out of McLaren I think I’m going to root for Renault next year. Hoping Hulk and Ricciardo can get amongst the top teams.

#5 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,218 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 23:32

I think it's a draw between the Leclerc, Norris and Gasly stories. Hugely entertaining to see 3 different promising kids tested to see what they're made of, all at once! The Ricciardo story too - think having him vs Hulkenberg in a hopefully rejuvenated Renault will be very, very interesting.

Edited by noikeee, 23 September 2018 - 23:32.

#6 Rors

Rors

• 414 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 23:36

Stunned at how Kimi fans can be excited to see him never have the chance to win again. 

#7 Nathan

Nathan

• 7,068 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:47

Stunned at how Kimi fans can be excited to see him never have the chance to win again. 

We accepted that years ago now.  Half a decade in fact.

#8 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:24

I take back my Alonso comment and I'll go with... "To see how Chuck does"

#9 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 6,121 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:40

I think there is a lot more to the Sauber deal than just driving for Kimi. That's what I am most excited about, but wewillsee.

#10 PeterScandlyn

PeterScandlyn

• 347 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:04

Alonso gone from F1.

In fact I'd like to go for the double and say Brown gone from McLaren.

Heck, if I try a little harder can probably come up with a trifecta....... :smoking:  :smoking:

#11 Damsel

Damsel

• 149 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:24

I voted Red Bull Honda, it would be fantastic if they managed to progress and close up more to Merc en Ferrari. But Leclerc vs Vettel, Gasly vs Verstappen, and Hulk vs Ricciardo will be awesome to! And the new aero regs will hopefully deliver. Lots to look forward to!

#12 RECKLESS

RECKLESS

• 2,821 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:29

The new guys in top cars (especially Lec).
Can Bottas finally mount a true wdc challenge?
Kimi/Sauber, how high can they climb?
Will the change of regs elevate the racing?

All of those things.

Eta: honorable mention to Ric vs Hulk.

Edited by RECKLESS, 24 September 2018 - 04:32.

#13 LH44Fan

LH44Fan

• 580 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:44

I think it's a draw between the Leclerc, Norris and Gasly stories. Hugely entertaining to see 3 different promising kids tested to see what they're made of, all at once! The Ricciardo story too - think having him vs Hulkenberg in a hopefully rejuvenated Renault will be very, very interesting.

What he said  :up:

#14 djparky

djparky

• 1,997 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:04

The vaguest hope that anyone other than Hamilton or Vettel will win next year

#15 RECKLESS

RECKLESS

• 2,821 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:07

The vaguest hope that anyone other than Hamilton or Vettel will win next year

Well Bot, Lec, hopefully Ver.. and Ric always gets an opportunistic win somewhere. :D

#16 kumo7

kumo7

• 7,228 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:51

Obviously the eyes are on Red Bull Honda, with the promise of Max, could they survive another pressure cooker?

:up:

#17 Lights

Lights

• 17,875 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:13

Just for originality sake, I'll go for the new driver weight rule changes. I believe this is something that should have been changed a long long time ago, and it's great to finally see it happen. It will help taller drivers maintain a healthier living style. A shame this rule was never in place for guys like Webber and Button when they most needed it, but at least it will be fairer from now on.

#18 Peat

Peat

• 8,849 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:39

I'm looking forward to not having to check if this weeks race is being shown live or not. 

#19 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:10

Kimis days of winning in F1 I reckon went out the window the period he took his rallying sabbatical. I admire him for doing just that mind you. I also admire him his move to Sauber.Kimi is his own man. He doesn't give a sh!*"t  what anyone thinks! :D

Advertisement

#20 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:14

Alonso gone from F1.

In fact I'd like to go for the double and say Brown gone from McLaren.

Heck, if I try a little harder can probably come up with a trifecta....... :smoking:  :smoking:

Ross Brown?

#21 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:18

I take back my Alonso comment and I'll go with... "To see how Chuck does"

I too am always interested in what Chuck Norris is purportedly capable of doing! :eek:

#22 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:25

Chou dare you.

#23 jstrains

jstrains

• 3,220 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:28

We still do not know what Alonso will be doing right? He might return with his own team to F1...

#24 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,873 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:13

We still do not know what Alonso will be doing right? He might return with his own team to F1...

With a good photocopier, a couple of well-planned crashes... you never know they might win a couple championships. Or maybe not 👀

#25 Lennat

Lennat

• 2,057 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:19

I hope Leclerc does a RIcciardo, and that Honda finally makes a properly good engine. 

#26 Murl

Murl

• 743 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:36

I was going to say "Stroll proving his doubters wrong" but then I realized that nothing short of winning the WDC in a 3 wheeled ox-cart (with Honda power) would have any influence on that gang. Instead I picked Kimi at Sauber, because I genuinely think it will be a fun experience both for Kimi and F1 fans.

I picked it anyway. He can't help it that his Dad is a billionaire. I hope for his sake that he grows into his career and gains our respect.

There are all sorts of interesting new combinations next year, really looking forward to all of them. The driver weight limit, that's going to be a relief for some Renault drivers. Looking forward to that match up in particular. Also expecting Renault's resurgence to gain momentum. They still have quite a way to go. I do think they are laying the foundations and we will start to see more and more evidence / fruit from that.

#27 TheFish

TheFish

• 6,375 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:43

I'm looking forward to seeing Norris in McLaren most, hoping he lives up to his hype.

Not looking forward to Red Bull Honda, I hope I'm wrong but I expect them to be further away from Merc and Ferrari than they are now.

#28 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,873 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:56

I'm looking forward to seeing Norris in McLaren most, hoping he lives up to his hype.

Not looking forward to Red Bull Honda, I hope I'm wrong but I expect them to be further away from Merc and Ferrari than they are now.

Surely Honda must be ploughing so much money into that engine right now to redeem themselves and prevent at all costs another McLaren disaster. We know Adrian will provide the right car, they have the right drivers, there will be an almighty shitstorm if that engine is blowing up every session or crawling along the straight constantly waiting for new specifications.

Can’t see it. They need to get their fingers out.

#29 JonnyJ

JonnyJ

• 1,319 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:18

Interested to see how the aero change affects the competitive order. I expect to see Ferrari and Mercedes still up top but will the gap stay very close or will it grow, and in which direction?

Other than that Leclerc v Vettel interests me a lot. I really feel, from what I've seen of Leclerc in the feeder series and F1, that he has what it takes to beat Vettel. Expecting fireworks there.

#30 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:46

For F1's sake, I hope Honda builds a winner and Leclerc is as good as Ferrari thinks.

Whatever works to end this decade old Hamilton-Vettel show.

#31 P123

P123

• 23,936 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:51

I thought Nico already ended that. But some fresh challengers would be great, so Leclerc delivering on his promise and Honda making strides would be great to see.

#32 Ze Bum

Ze Bum

• 495 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:36

The best year in Formula 1 has always been next year...

#33 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 13:17

I thought Nico already ended that.

I suppose there's an argument to be made for that, but I see 2014-2016 more as one long story of Rosberg trying to keep up with Hamilton. To his credit, he did that quite well and kept at it despite two losses, and actually made it work on the third go. But I don't see him as a defining character, in the same way Button winning in 2009 was already an outlier at the time, and that season has since increasingly become a part of the larger Vettel story.

I'm just ready for something new.

#34 TheFish

TheFish

• 6,375 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 13:25

Surely Honda must be ploughing so much money into that engine right now to redeem themselves and prevent at all costs another McLaren disaster. We know Adrian will provide the right car, they have the right drivers, there will be an almighty shitstorm if that engine is blowing up every session or crawling along the straight constantly waiting for new specifications.

They have 1 right driver, and throwing money at the problem will help but it's not a guarantee, they may get it right but you'd be foolish to expect them to given what they've achieved so far in their comeback.

#35 beute

beute

• 1,357 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 14:04

Kimi to Sauber for me.

I don't get the whole "hurr durr, how can you be excited for a downgrade".

It's not like I'm only a fan of kimi based on his chances to win.
I genuinely like the guy, he is the most interesting and real driver for me, I can relate to him.

What kind of fan would you be if you're only ever excited if your "hero" sits in a top car, i want him to do good regardless...

#36 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,165 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 14:38

One cool cat wearing yellow next year and one other younger cat in something red.

Other than that, I am still really enjoying The Lewis making Seb choke and then saying something spiritual after the race Show.

Edited by OvDrone, 24 September 2018 - 14:38.

#37 Ramon69

Ramon69

• 1,381 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 17:07

For sure the most exciting ones are the aero changes because they might improve racing! As for Kimi & Sauber, I don't judge anyone who is excited, but I'm not. Yes, I am happy that he sticks around for at least two more years, but I'm still not excited at the idea that he will race with a middle field car, especially after driving in top teams for so long. I want Kimi to win this season, at least one last time...

Edited by Ramon69, 24 September 2018 - 17:12.

#38 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 5,052 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 21:59

M. Leclerc being given a speedy automobile.

#39 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 22:14

Honda

Advertisement

#40 FNG

FNG

• 5,761 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 23:29

I want Honda to succeed cause I like Honda and I want there to be someone else at the front, but a part of me wants them to keep doing what they have been doing so I can watch Horner implode going from a **** engine to an even shittier one.

#41 ArrowsLivery

ArrowsLivery

• 3,717 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 00:00

I want Honda to succeed cause I like Honda and I want there to be someone else at the front, but a part of me wants them to keep doing what they have been doing so I can watch Horner implode going from a **** engine to an even shittier one.

The Honda PU hasn’t been **** for a while now. They’ve been ahead of Renault for over a year now. Red Bull are getting an upgrade.

#42 FNG

FNG

• 5,761 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 00:02

The Honda PU hasn’t been **** for a while now. They’ve been ahead of Renault for over a year now. Red Bull are getting an upgrade.

Time will tell

#43 DrivenF1

DrivenF1

• 1,050 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:40

True and not true, the Honda hasn't been **** but it's also been slightly behind Renault according to Red Bull, Honda and numerous other parties, notably in peak power. 

I do believe Honda will be the better engine going forward though. Hope Honda can make it work and give us a three way fight at the top!

#44 PeterScandlyn

PeterScandlyn

• 347 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:07

This'd be a laugh.

Problem number one - finding an engine supplier......... :rotfl:  :rotfl:

#45 ArrowsLivery

ArrowsLivery

• 3,717 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:34

True and not true, the Honda hasn't been **** but it's also been slightly behind Renault according to Red Bull, Honda and numerous other parties, notably in peak power.

I do believe Honda will be the better engine going forward though. Hope Honda can make it work and give us a three way fight at the top!

If it was behind in peak power that would’ve showed up in Monza. Instead, Gasly got into Q3.

#46 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:59

Front wings then red bull Honda. Easy choice.

Either red bull crash and burn or challenge a bit more so win win in entertainment stakes.

#47 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 16:59

Vettel v Leclerc beats them all. Something potentially exciting right at the front of the field!

#48 Talisman

Talisman

• 7,073 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 20:35

If it was behind in peak power that would’ve showed up in Monza. Instead, Gasly got into Q3.

I dunno, I think Honda have a good idea where they stand so when they claim they are still slightly behind Renault I tend to believe them.

Hopefully the forthcoming upgrade will push honda past Renault though. Next year should see Honda pull away from Renault if current trends continue.

#49 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:50

I'm not that excited for Vettel vs Leclerc.First of all, Vettel is pretty damn fast and there is no guarantee LeClerc will match him. Second, unless LeClerc is immediatey competitive, he mght become a number 2 driver given the WDC scenario and then it's back to business as usual.

Honda nailing it would be the greatest game changer. But the price to pay would be Horner and Marko becoming those impossible smugs they like to be.

#50 THEWALL

THEWALL

• 2,624 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:07

The snowplowerfrontwings.