Photo

My 1/43 Grand Prix collection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,702 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 13:56

Today at a Toyfair I found a model of Patrick Tambay's 1983 Ferrari C2B.  That means that after about 30 years collecting, my 1:43 collection of World Champions and World Manufacturers' Champions appears to be complete  :clap:.

They range from handbuilts to remaindered partworks and cover about a dozen makers.  I still have to find a 1954 250F to go with Fangio's W196  and a 1978 Lotus 79 as the 78 isn't really representative, but haven't found anyone making them - not even the kit makers.  Also some of the models aren't brilliant and I would like to get a modern replacement. 

As well as the 80 models this represents I have also accumulated a further 60 or so "interesting" cars covering nearly all types of racing, mostly ones I saw going cheap.  There are a couple that need further identification so I still have something to google when I'm bored.

At the moment to make room in my cabinets I am having to "rest" the saloon cars and rally cars.  However, Christmas is coming so an additional cabinet may be forthcoming - assuming I can find a spare bit of wall to put it on.

Advertisement

#2 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 7,857 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 16:32

Today at a Toyfair I found a model of Patrick Tambay's 1983 Ferrari C2B.  That means that after about 30 years collecting, my 1:43 collection of World Champions and World Manufacturers' Champions appears to be complete  :clap:.

They range from handbuilts to remaindered partworks and cover about a dozen makers.  I still have to find a 1954 250F to go with Fangio's W196  and a 1978 Lotus 79 as the 78 isn't really representative, but haven't found anyone making them - not even the kit makers.  Also some of the models aren't brilliant and I would like to get a modern replacement. 

As well as the 80 models this represents I have also accumulated a further 60 or so "interesting" cars covering nearly all types of racing, mostly ones I saw going cheap.  There are a couple that need further identification so I still have something to google when I'm bored.

At the moment to make room in my cabinets I am having to "rest" the saloon cars and rally cars.  However, Christmas is coming so an additional cabinet may be forthcoming - assuming I can find a spare bit of wall to put it on.

Pic or it did not happen.   ;)

Edited by Nemo1965, 07 October 2018 - 16:33.

#3 AJB

AJB

• 242 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:46

Tameo and Hiro both make kits of the 1978 Lotus 79.

#4 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,702 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 18:55

Thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately these days I find assembling kits beyond my ten-thumbed capability and ready-builts are pricey.  I only have only one that I bought new, the other two or three came from Toyfairs.  Most of the collection is diecasts.

#5 AJB

AJB

• 242 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 13:16

Thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately these days I find assembling kits beyond my ten-thumbed capability and ready-builts are pricey.  I only have only one that I bought new, the other two or three came from Toyfairs.  Most of the collection is diecasts.

I take your point; I wouldn't fancy trying to build a 1/43 F1 kit either!